Favourite rubbish Aussie names for things-give us yer best shot MATE!

Guest guest36762

Guest guest36762

1st bogan: How ya gowin?

2nd bogan (actually English imposter): Good!

1st bogan: Thats the way!

2nd bogan: Really? Is it though? What exactly does that mean, humm?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest famousfive

Nobby's Nuts anyone?

Or maybe you need to slop on a bit of Wack Off extra strength insect repellent[i kid you not]

Guest guest36762

Bogan shopkeeper: How ya gowin today?

Bogan customer (same English imposter): Good!

Bogan shopkeeper: thats the way!

Bogan customer: is it really? as you ask, its gowin **** today, and even though I've never met you before, for your information, it was also gowin **** yesterday, and the day before that. My wife's left me, I've got a chronic arse-ache, and I think my depression is spiralling out of control!

Bogan shopkeeper: huhh? hows it gowin today?

One thing that's annoying me (amongst many other things:-) is the AAMI ad, the 'What about me' ad, now that advert is annoying enough but at the end I'm sure the guy sings, 'she gets the same as I did'. Now thats just plain bad English isn't it?

Surely it should be one of the following:

She gets the same as I get

She got the same as I did

She gets the same as I do

Now I could be hearing it incorrectly but I'm sure thats what is said, and it annoys the hell out of me.

And don't get me started on those horrendous CGU adverts!!

Guest ragdoll annie
Chav's wear shoes-Bogan's are much harder

Only cos they've just bashed the poor sod who was wearing them previously lol:biglaugh:

One thing that's annoying me (amongst many other things:-) is the AAMI ad, the 'What about me' ad, now that advert is annoying enough but at the end I'm sure the guy sings, 'she gets the same as I did'. Now thats just plain bad English isn't it?

Surely it should be one of the following:

She gets the same as I get

She got the same as I did

She gets the same as I do

Now I could be hearing it incorrectly but I'm sure thats what is said, and it annoys the hell out of me.

And don't get me started on those horrendous CGU adverts!!

What's even more annoying is the claim that MYSTAR/AUSTAR TV is even remotely worth watching let alone paying for....:arghh:

Guest spacegirl73
smoko

Everything is "o" Bottlo, Servo, Posto, Arvo, Fisho, Rego, and another thing I find amusing is when something is quoted As "blank" As! Like As safe as! :wacko:

Guest chris955

I must admit I hate the habit of trying to shorten absolutely everything and adding o's and ie's. I NEVER say fireies or Ambo or arvo or any other of the silly names. I couldn't believe when I first heard fishermen being called fishos.

The Salvation Army actually adopted the name officially and although they still are known by the full title their website and stores all carry the "Salvo's" title

http://www.salvos.com/default.asp

yes I guess it happened due to the aussies penchant for shortening names and adding the "o" but I think that in this case it's probably justified whereas calling a fisherman a "fisho" is just silly.

Guest guest36762
The Salvation Army actually adopted the name officially and although they still are known by the full title their website and stores all carry the "Salvo's" title

Salvos.com. Resources and Assistance for the Salvation Army in developing relationships on the internet.

yes I guess it happened due to the aussies penchant for shortening names and adding the "o" but I think that in this case it's probably justified whereas calling a fisherman a "fisho" is just silly.

you've changed your name?

also, where's Nige? I miss him

Guest guest36762
Yep,fed up with Tigger,N'oz is in China on business but will be back soon.

I'm sure he is missing your witty threads as well Harpo.

will you give him my best wishes and ask him to bring me back a bottl'o Duty free drambuie?

Guest guest36762
Wouldn't you prefer Corio whisky?:cute:

does it taste like stale fags and smell of BO then? it does sound nice

Actually they don't make it anymore,it used to be made in Corio but the distillery closed down some years ago but N'oz has a few bottles in the cupboard,he uses it to clean the chrome on his car when he runs out of Fosters Lager I think.,he certainly wouldn't drink it,he may be an aussie but he does have some standards so he only drinks James Squire Ale and Bundy rum.

Well Bundy tastes better than any other dark rum I have tasted including that abomination called Captain Morgan.which of course is made by the same company,probably the only thing wrong with Bundy is that it's not Australian owned anymore,being owned,as it is by Diageo which I think also owns Guinness.

Archived