Favourite rubbish Aussie names for things-give us yer best shot MATE!

Guest guest36762

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulieW

Or how about using a normal name but giving it a bizarre spelling so the poor child will have to spell it out for the rest of its life? Katelyn anyone? Jemyma? WHY??

don't get me started on kids names

Jett, rhett, AJ, CJ, riviere, bronte, monet, (WELL CLASS INNIT)

Cody, Brody, Schmody (Ok I made that one up)

:arghh:why not just make a noise and try spelling it?:arghh:

why are you worried its not your name is it,or is it:wink:

Guest guest36762
Isn't it digusting that things don't have the same name in Australia as they do in England?!

that's a very narrow minded view!

To be fair I think this thread is meant to ne light hearted, but on a serious note, any issues I have with Australia/Australias culture is my problem not theirs, after all I am the foreigner in their country and I chose to come here. I'm sure Aussies would find it strange that a place called Slaithwait in Yorkshire is pronounced 'Sla-wit' :-)

Guest guest36762
To be fair I think this thread is meant to ne light hearted, but on a serious note, any issues I have with Australia/Australias culture is my problem not theirs, after all I am the foreigner in their country and I chose to come here. I'm sure Aussies would find it strange that a place called Slaithwait in Yorkshire is pronounced 'Sla-wit' :-)

Thanks

it IS supposed to be light hearted and a chance to have some fun. Are we not allowed to be amused (and yes annoyed) by the cultural differences of living in a different country? I speak 'Strayan like a local, taking on all the local terms and slang...that's called fitting in. Please don't equate it with the likes of Brits in spain who 'don't like eating all that foreign muck, wheres the fish and chips?'

before it turns into a yet another 'i hate/love australia' thread.....:arghh:

What about Fire o's....whats wrong with firemen/firefighters or even fire service, its not like 'Fire o's' is even easier to say:confused:

Or how about using a normal name but giving it a bizarre spelling so the poor child will have to spell it out for the rest of its life? Katelyn anyone? Jemyma? WHY??

Because they're all bloody illiterate- have you seen the price of books? It's no wonder poor deluded brainwashed souls....

Christopher we are allowed to do that though- because we are British lol

Guest guest36762
before it turns into a yet another 'i hate/love australia' thread.....:arghh:

surely that is the very life force of this forum?

Guest Aldo

I used to wort with a Brent and a Trent and a Wayne and Shane (brothers). braydon, haydon Jaydon....

'ows it travelling? (well actually it not travelling)

Hot enough for ya? :arghh:

I used to wort with a Brent and a Trent and a Wayne and Shane (brothers). braydon, haydon Jaydon....

'ows it travelling? (well actually it not travelling)

Hot enough for ya? :arghh:

The first time I heard my Mother in Law say 'fairdinkum' I thought she was having me on....a bit like expecting us to all wear bowler hats....but oh no she was deadly serious.

They also say 'but' at the end of sentences and yes before no:arghh:

Archived