Guest kewei

Please help: the effect of divorce on a visa holder

Guest kewei

I just got my 485 visa as partner (secondary applicant) and will divorce.:sad:

Anyone knows about the effect of my divorce on my visa?

Thank you very much.

Guest brooksey

Phone immigration. They will tell you.

Guest kewei

Thank you, Brooksey.

I didnt call DIAC because anyone that answers the call usually gives inaccurate information.

Anyone here knows something about this?

Hi Kewei

I don't know about your visa subclass but I know that on a spouse visa you must inform DIAC and depending on the circumstances surrounding your divorce will depend on whether the visa can continue or not! Providing that they are satisfied that you did not actually obtain the visa wrongfully they will usually let you stay. If you have any children for example - they will almost definately let you stay!!

I hope this helps. Good luck with getting things sorted.

Becky

Dyslexia NSW www.dyslexia-nsw.com.au

Hi Kewei

I don't know about your visa subclass but I know that on a spouse visa you must inform DIAC and depending on the circumstances surrounding your divorce will depend on whether the visa can continue or not! Providing that they are satisfied that you did not actually obtain the visa wrongfully they will usually let you stay. If you have any children for example - they will almost definately let you stay!!

I hope this helps. Good luck with getting things sorted.

The Spouse Visa 309/100 & 820/801 which are wholy based on the spouse relationship is nothing like the TR Graduate Visa 485 and the same conditions would not necessarily apply.

You really need to take advice from a migration agent because even if you can stay after divorce it is still only a temp visa and based on your partners application. If you dont qualify for another visa in your own right the TR will eventually run out.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Guest brooksey

Where abouts are you. I know what you mean about the phoneline though. Stupid advice rely.

I got conflicting answers on the 2 occations i phoned about time away from Australia affecting mt citizenship. I went down to Southport and spoke to them in person and got very sound advice. I even insisted on the bloke double checking with his supervizor.