Employer Nomination Scheme (Cat 1) Visa TYPICAL TIMELINE

clickettuk

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an Employer Nomination Scheme visa processed from the point an employer offers a job and starts the processing of applying to DIAC to sponsor the open position? I just got offered a job but my visa agent is saying that it is normal for an ENS visa (which I thought was Category 1) to take 9 months. That doesn´t sound right! Not many employers will wait that long for someone to arrive. I already have ACT sponsorship and the job offer is from ACT. We lodged our application back in May 2009 and are trying to speed things up!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael.

our timeline shows on my signature here.... as you can see it wasnt long! and we didnt use an agent either.

All the best - jo x

Guest KerryCraig

Hi There, we lodged our 121 on 16th Dec took 5 half months from start to finish just got ours last week on the 28th May, still cant believe it!!!!!

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an Employer Nomination Scheme visa processed from the point an employer offers a job and starts the processing of applying to DIAC to sponsor the open position? I just got offered a job but my visa agent is saying that it is normal for an ENS visa (which I thought was Category 1) to take 9 months. That doesn´t sound right! Not many employers will wait that long for someone to arrive. I already have ACT sponsorship and the job offer is from ACT. We lodged our application back in May 2009 and are trying to speed things up!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael.

My agent also told me it is about 5-7 months at the moment, depending on where it goes (Sydney or Melbourne) so the 9 month figure sounds almost right, if a little pessimistic.

I didn't believe it either when I heard it and it still doesn't sound right or make sense. It used to be a matter of weeks.

What is really infuriating is that they are handing certain visas out like confetti in a matter of weeks to people who don't even have jobs lined up! Go figure...

Archived