Documents

Guest kazzy01

Guest kazzy01

I'm at the stage where I need to get all of my documents certified, but have one question in relation to this.

Does anyone know if it is acceptable to send DIMIA photocopies of the documents which have then been certified?

I particularly don't want someone to deface the originals I have of employment letters or my skills assessment, unless it is strictly necessary.

THanks for your help.

Karen

Not sure if I am reading your note properly - but when you get your documents certified, you have to present the original plus a photocopy and it is the photocopy that is being certified as being a true copy...the person certifying has to look at the original to confirm that the copy is a copy of that particular document...if that makes sense.

Guest marie197500
I'm at the stage where I need to get all of my documents certified, but have one question in relation to this.

Does anyone know if it is acceptable to send DIMIA photocopies of the documents which have then been certified?

I particularly don't want someone to deface the originals I have of employment letters or my skills assessment, unless it is strictly necessary.

THanks for your help.

Karen

Hi

I just read that a photocopy of a certified doc is not acceptable this is from DIMIA website

Certified copies

You must provide 'certified copies' of original documents, with the exception of your police clearance/s. 'Certified copies' means copies authorised, or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of your home country.

Photocopies of certified documents are not acceptable.

In Australia, a 'certified copy' means a copy which is authorised as a true copy before whom a Statutory Declaration may be made. Persons authorised to certify copies in Australia include:

a magistrate

a Justice of the Peace

a Commissioner for Declarations

a Commissioner for Affidavits

a solicitor

a registered medical practitioner

a bank manager

a postal manager

an Australian Postal Corporation officer with five (5) years service.

hope that answers your question :D

marie

Guest kazzy01

Thanks Marie and AFS.

AFS you have read my question properly, Marie I don't think you have.

I will definitely send to DIMIA the photocopy of the original document which has then been certified and keep a photocopy of the photocopy for myself!

Karen

Guest Alison1967

THanks for your help.

Karen

Karen

You need to send a copy of everything you submit for your skil assessment with your visa application, so get multiple copies.

I did all the photocopies and took everything to a solicitor and he only signed and stamped the copies after checking them. I read somewhere that they like you to use the same person for everything too (probably in case they have to check the details.

Alison

Archived