Jump to content
Guest victorbon

461 Visa

Recommended Posts

Guest victorbon


I am a NZ citizen and my wife has got this 461 visa 2 years back and now we would like to move to Australia. She travelled before on a visitor visa, including myself (NZ citizen). After getting the 461 visa can she travel alone to Australia and secure a job or do we have to travel together. I would appreciate if someone can please help me with this query.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi im a bit confused about the 461 visa


my fiance is a n.z citizen we have been together for 2.5 yrs but only been living together since 23 september 2009 when i moved in with him and then we moved again and got the lease in both our names- ok i know it sounds simple but the confusing part is that Feb 2010 my working holiday visa ended and i had to leave australia so i went to n.z to live with his dad and brother. So i eventually got back to oz in 2010 and me and my fiance have been living together again.


Question is:


1.) do we have to be living together continously for 12 months?

2)Does it matter that we havent lived together all the time? due to visa ending?

3.)statuatory declarations- is there a specific form or can we just type it out and print it?



many thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now