You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

mr luvpants

Our shipping quotes

I thought I would post our shipping quotes that we have received. We are moving to within 70 miles of Brisbane and the stuff is leaving Colchester. The square footage ranged from 610 cu ft to 736 cu ft. John Mason is a lot cheaper than the rest. Has anyone had any experience with them?

JOHN

Groupage:

John Mason £2620

PSS £2978

Whites £3197

Doree Bonner £3268

Britannia £3406

Sole use 20 ft container:

John Mason £3315

Simpsons £3425

Whites £3498

PSS £3457

Doree Bonner £3593

Britannia £3724

Anglo Pacific £4345

Hope that helps someone.

JOHN

Living The Dream!

We are looking at using John Mason.

Just waiting for an update to our quote.

We have about 450 cu ft

But we're also shipping our Clio car.

So far they've come out pretty good compared to others...

First quote was £3,755.

Plus insurance 3% of goods (+5% of that), plus Aquis ($400 goods and $200 Car), Container cleaning fee (if needed) £15.

Then we have other costs for the car which will be about £3,000

Howard

...IS My Life a Dream? - If It Is I Don't Want to Wake Up...

We shipped our stuff with john mason, no breakages and good service, we had a full container and cost was £3650 so i think you got a good deal there. I'd just be checking shipping times if you decide to go groupage, also get your own insurance we used Letton Percival. We also paid aqis upfront.

175 submitted June 08, CO end Nov 08, meds and police checks done Jan 09 - visa granted Feb 09

Guest Clairey b

We also used John Masons and was very impressed both with the service in the UK and also the service here in Perth.

Always found them to be very helpful, competitive with price and we received all our stuff within 4-5 weeks door to door!!

Best of luck with whoever you decide to go with,

Claire x

Guest pom64
We also used John Masons and was very impressed both with the service in the UK and also the service here in Perth.

Always found them to be very helpful, competitive with price and we received all our stuff within 4-5 weeks door to door!!

Best of luck with whoever you decide to go with,

Claire x

Hi Guys

Could some one give me the number of john mason as we have had a quote of 6,000 pounds for a 20ft container this was from Yorkshire to Esperance south of Perth a bit expensive i thought.

Regards

pom64

hi pom64,

Pm'd you john mason's number, do you think the high quote is down to distance from perth to esperance (740km ??) Wridgways are the agents john mason use here in perth, they were also very efficient.

x jo

175 submitted June 08, CO end Nov 08, meds and police checks done Jan 09 - visa granted Feb 09

We used John Mason. Good service - no complaints.

Ali

Mal 46 Metal Fabricator/Boilermaker, Ali 47 Nightfill associate Big W Ross 8 Author/Songwriter and Joe 6 Crazy Dude.

Arrived Perth 24th April 2009:jiggy:

I thought I would post our shipping quotes that we have received. We are moving to within 70 miles of Brisbane and the stuff is leaving Colchester. The square footage ranged from 610 cu ft to 736 cu ft. John Mason is a lot cheaper than the rest. Has anyone had any experience with them?

JOHN

Groupage:

John Mason £2620

PSS £2978

Whites £3197

Doree Bonner £3268

Britannia £3406

John Mason £3315

Simpsons £3425

Whites £3498

PSS £3457

Doree Bonner £3593

Britannia £3724

Anglo Pacific £4345

Hope that helps someone.

JOHN

Hi John,

I will be arranging this all soon. Is this an all inclusive price, including the costs others have mentioned above? i.e insurance, AQIS etc.

Also, is it worth getting them out before I do my big clearout? I have a lot of stuff in the garage that probably wont be coming, but havent sorted through it all yet.

Thanks

Shaz

JOHN

Groupage:

John Mason £2620

PSS £2978

Whites £3197

Doree Bonner £3268

Britannia £3406

John Mason £3315

Simpsons £3425

Whites £3498

PSS £3457

Doree Bonner £3593

Britannia £3724

Anglo Pacific £4345

Hope that helps someone.

JOHN

Hi John, that is helpful, how many came to you and quoted or did they price on infomation given over the phone/internet?

When our son went out to Oz, he was only taking a small amount of gear but Pickfords was the only one to come and visit.

Regards

PS because he shared his container his gear stayed in the UK for 2 months after packing before it even started to travel to Oz. He had to start work with borrowed tools for first month.

Guest annemarie and brian

Thanks john very helpful as we are looking into them so now we can use a couple and get them round to quote.

annemarie xx

Are these all inclusive, we have been quoted much higher. Do they include packaging customs etc

SA SS lodged 14.09.09.SA SS approved 11.11.09 176 lodged 22.12.09 RSMS lodged 06.08.10

Visa Apporved 01.01.11:shocked:

Guest jackie cornish

Hi, when we moved to Australia we used Allied Pickfords and they were great, no breakages, really friendly at both ends and really helpful. We are using them again to move back and they were in the same prices range as everyone else.

Jackie

Here is a long thread from 'the other side' but it is often mentioned that John Mason uses lots of different companies to deliver in Oz, some good, some bad.

Advice on Shipping Companies : British Expat Discussion Forum

One tip would be if you are sharing a container to get a guarantee of the latest date they would keep your gear in the UK before sending it.

How does everyone cope without there belonings for so long, whichever end that may be at?

SA SS lodged 14.09.09.SA SS approved 11.11.09 176 lodged 22.12.09 RSMS lodged 06.08.10

Visa Apporved 01.01.11:shocked:

How does everyone cope without there belonings for so long, whichever end that may be at?

Don't know yet we'll let you know soon lol

I guess it's a case of better to struggle for longer in UK rather over in Australia or that's what were doing.

So we'll be sitting on garden furniture here soon.

Portable tv's instead of big plasma's but I'm sure it'll be fine

Howard

Just got our new quote from John Mason...

Now it's £3,500 so they've reduced it by over £250 and reduced insurance to 2.5% from 3%.

Will have the quote in writing tomorrow.

So looks like we'll be choosing them.

Just waiting for my new passport to come so we can start on the car importing stuff.

Howard