Visa Capping - Senate Inquiry

Guest Aussie2B

I am SHOCKED !!!!!!

very true!!! just wondering if its worth living in a country where people have no empathy towards another!!!

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest umairghias
very true!!! just wondering if its worth living in a country where people have no empathy towards another!!!

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Nobody supported me on the comment section though!

Guest Gollywobbler
Australia boosts Pakistan flood aid - Yahoo!7

just see the comments and you will know how racist these people are :-

Hi there

Why do you want to become a Pemanent Resident of a country that you say is dominated by a racist Government, though? Would they be quite as racist in your eyes if they granted you PR tomorrow? Would you accept their offer of PR, knowing that you say they are racist?

My own observation is that very few politicians are not hypocrites. Almost without exception, the lot of them will say anything and promise anything if they think it will secure them enough votes to get their own party into power. Their hypocisy merely sinks to new and extra-reprehensnsible levels before a General Election as far as I can see.

If I were the Aussies, I'd be helping Pakistan with much bigger aid package than the £12 million GBP or so that they have promised so far. Guess where the next wave of asylum seekers will arrive from by boat if they don't?

Cheers

Gill

Hi there

Why do you want to become a Pemanent Resident of a country that you say is dominated by a racist Government, though? Would they be quite as racist in your eyes if they granted you PR tomorrow? Would you accept their offer of PR, knowing that you say they are racist?

My own observation is that very few politicians are not hypocrites. Almost without exception, the lot of them will say anything and promise anything if they think it will secure them enough votes to get their own party into power. Their hypocisy merely sinks to new and extra-reprehensnsible levels before a General Election as far as I can see.

If I were the Aussies, I'd be helping Pakistan with much bigger aid package than the £12 million GBP or so that they have promised so far. Guess where the next wave of asylum seekers will arrive from by boat if they don't?

Cheers

Gill

Gill, its human nature to focus on the negatives. I find the comments abhorrent but who says there's no bogans in the country. Bogan right wing conservatives here have as much tolerance of Muslims as some (or many) in Pakistan would have of westerners wearing bikini on their beach.

Hi there

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

I am sure 90 percent of the Aussie people are pure at heart, reasonable and moderate. Bad eggs are every where so its not wise to brand them as racist or whatever.Even in my country there are racists who look down on other people.

About politicians well they are the same all over the world Hyprocrates, using double standards and liars of the highest category not to mention corrupt.And this is very true of third world and specially Pakistan unfortunately.

I am really grateful to people, govt of Australia and all other Govt's around the world for there kind help in our need.

I do hope and pray that these racists and extremists are always in minority otherwise they would eat the world alive.

Regards

Guest umairghias
Hi there

Cheers

Gill

Gill I have spend $80,000 in this country to study and working in my industry thats why i want something back atleast a permanent residency .

I am 100% some of these guys are racist !

But i live here with my rights . I dont let anybody say anything to me and get insulted .

If somebody have ratial comments against me , i do make sure that i kick their ass back.

I was just reading the people comments there which just make me feel really bad .

Those people are very poor and deserve help from these type of countries who are really wealthy .

Imagine that flood hitting australia and those people who commented had to suffer -- Trust me , they will understand how easy life is ..........

Regards,

Umair

Guest umairghias
Hi Gill

I am sure 90 percent of the Aussie people are pure at heart, reasonable and moderate. Bad eggs are every where so its not wise to brand them as racist or whatever.Even in my country there are racists who look down on other people.

About politicians well they are the same all over the world Hyprocrates, using double standards and liars of the highest category not to mention corrupt.And this is very true of third world and specially Pakistan unfortunately.

I am really grateful to people, govt of Australia and all other Govt's around the world for there kind help in our need.

I do hope and pray that these racists and extremists are always in minority otherwise they would eat the world alive.

Regards

Thanks Jim

I do understand your point here but the only thing is " have those people got a heart ?

How they are able to comment bad about those people who have lost their homes, kids . They have no food to eat.

Trust me i was the first one who was very happy and telling people Australia gave that amount to Pakistan but when i read those comments ,i felt bad.

But anyway five fingers are not always the same and i do know that .

Lets carry on and pray for these people and wish them luck in the future .

Regards,

Umair

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beersheer

Labor or Liberals....?

Who do you think would win....?

Bloody neck to neck though!

And who do you want to win...?

Me for Liberals...

To win the support of Greens MP Adam Bandt, Labor has made a series of commitments, including dumping its much-ridiculed plan for a citizens' assembly on climate change. Labor has also committed to:

• form a climate change committee;
  • hold a parliamentary debate on Australia's involvement in Afghanistan;
  • hold a referendum on recognising Indigenous Australians;
  • place restrictions on political donations;
  • enact legislation on truth in political advertising; and
  • establish a parliamentary budget committee and a leaders debates commission.

I do not know why are they not talking about immigration one of the most sensitive topic.

Guest TheStig
Labor's now got 73 seats

Courtesy: Greens officially sided with Labor..

Forget about ETS and everything in between.. Greens will bend over for anyone who support the boat people..

Guest Gollywobbler
To win the support of Greens MP Adam Bandt, Labor has made a series of commitments, including dumping its much-ridiculed plan for a citizens' assembly on climate change. Labor has also committed to:

• form a climate change committee;

• hold a parliamentary debate on Australia's involvement in Afghanistan;

• hold a referendum on recognising Indigenous Australians;

• place restrictions on political donations;

• enact legislation on truth in political advertising; and

• establish a parliamentary budget committee and a leaders debates commission.

I do not know why are they not talking about immigration one of the most sensitive topic.

Hi VB

I logged on this morning hoping that Poms in Oz would have threads on it confirming which side has formed the new Government and whether or not the new PM has announced the members of his/her Cabinet.

Your post confirms that that has not happened as yet and resolution still seems to be some way off.

With a tiny handful of pollies making impossible demands of both main parties, if I were Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott I would be thinking very seriously about asking the Governor General to call another General Election and be done with it.

As for Immigration, hon, forget it. The lot of them are far too busy bickering and scrapping - like a bunch of small birds fighting over an earthworm - to worry about Immigration. They have all forgotten about Immigration completely and last week, I had the impression that even DIAC are becoming thoroughly fed up with all of the pollies.

Cheers

Gill

• 2 weeks later...
The following article is intresting, Please take time to read people's comment as well

Irate students may not go home, lawyer David Bitel warns | The Australian

I must admit I am surprised about David making these comments. He is a very experienced migration lawyer, but his comments could be read as encouraging students to overstay. It is a difficult area and these comments might only enflame the situation. However overstaying their visas, becoming illegal in Australia, is not an answer.

Guest rajinmelb
I must admit I am surprised about David making these comments. He is a very experienced migration lawyer, but his comments could be read as encouraging students to overstay. It is a difficult area and these comments might only enflame the situation. However overstaying their visas, becoming illegal in Australia, is not an answer.

I fully agree with you Chris, but if you look from other angle these people(most of them) are or were poor people in their home countries probably their parents took loan to send their children to Australia so that they can have good life and can payoff their loan. Now after the new rules these poor souls are stuck, if they go back they would never be able to reapy the loan, they can;t stay here legally so apart from becoming refugee or sucide what options are these people left with

Ok let me ask you in this way, what would you have done if you were in such situation?

they can;t stay here legally so apart from becoming refugee or sucide what options are these people left with

Acceptance, because thats life and its sometimes its Sh*t.

Student visa to PR was always risky, just because you spend thousands on an education does not mean you are entitled to Permanent residency. Any student who payed to obtain an education got exactly what they paid for an education.

Buying PR was never an option and neither is being on a student visa one week and seeking asylum the next. Sure its madness.

Guest Gollywobbler
Acceptance, because thats life and its sometimes its Sh*t.

Student visa to PR was always risky, just because you spend thousands on an education does not mean you are entitled to Permanent residency. Any student who payed to obtain an education got exactly what they paid for an education.

Buying PR was never an option and neither is being on a student visa one week and seeking asylum the next. Sure its madness.

Hi Joebloggs

I disagree. THOUSANDS of people who now have Permanent Residence (and by now maybe even Citizenship) in Australia have it as a direct result of the fact that they studied in Australia first.

just because you spend thousands on an education does not mean you are entitled to Permanent residency.

If you are right, why do the Department of Immigration's own, written Policy manuals say the exact opposite of what you assert, please?

As for your remark that people who paid for an "education" in Oz received any such thing, rubbish. Would you pay $25,000 for a "course of education" in, say, Commercial Cookery in Oz when that course taught you absolutely nothing about Commercial Cookery?

The truth of the matter is that the Aussie Government was busily flogging Student visas to anybody who wanted to buy one, flogging an internationally sick joke by of a completely fake "education" in return and the Aussie Government's own commercial greed will bite Australia in the bum before very long, I predict.

It is very easy to try to take the splinter out of somebody else's eye without bothering to take the plank out of your own eye first, my friend.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Joebloggs

I disagree. THOUSANDS of people who now have Permanent Residence (and by now maybe even Citizenship) in Australia have it as a direct result of the fact that they studied in Australia first.

If you are right, why do the Department of Immigration's own, written Policy manuals say the exact opposite of what you assert, please?

Gill are you trying to be funny?

Of course I am right, where does it say that applying for a Student automatically leads to PR?

PR is a privilege not a right.

In fact on the Dept. of Immigration 2008-09 Migration Program Changes

Frequently Asked Questions document (attached) Page 5 states.

Q1 How will these changes impact on international students?

Australia has a well-deserved reputation for high-quality education and training. We continue to welcome overseas students, and appreciate the contribution they make to both academic life and the communities in which they live.

There are no changes being proposed to the student visa program itself. The pathway from a student visa to General Skilled Migration (GSM) also remains in place. However, applying for a student visa and applying for GSM are separate processes. It is important to note that student visas are aimed at achieving an educational outcome. GSM on the other hand is predominantly driven by the labour market needs of Australia.

As for your remark that people who paid for an "education" in Oz received any such thing, rubbish. Would you pay $25,000 for a "course of education" in, say, Commercial Cookery in Oz when that course taught you absolutely nothing about Commercial Cookery?

The truth of the matter is that the Aussie Government was busily flogging Student visas to anybody who wanted to buy one, flogging an internationally sick joke by of a completely fake "education" in return and the Aussie Government's own commercial greed will bite Australia in the bum before very long, I predict.

Well the Australian Government charges about $500 for a student visa, which would basically cover the labour of checking all the information is legit so i hardly think they were as you say "flogging Student visas to anybody who wanted to buy one" its not as if they were trying to make money from it.

The $25K that you quoted was more than likely the cost to do the course by the Education provider, which is usually is a privately owned business. Nothing really to do with the Aussie Governments commercial greed, thats a total different matter nothing to do with Student visas at all.

The Government is focused on shifting the outcome of the migration program to a more industry driven model where employer sponsored visas become a significant pathway to permanent residence. Further changes along this direction will potentially be made in the future.

Thats the ways its going my friend.

Well the Australian Government charges about $500 for a student visa, which would basically cover the labour of checking all the information is legit

Are YOU kidding? $500 - that would be 10 hours per visa at $50 an hour (a fairly standard rate I would say). Guess what? It takes 20 mins to do the average student visa - I know because I know someone who processes them. That is $25 A MINUTE to cover the labour.

so i hardly think they were as you say "flogging Student visas to anybody who wanted to buy one" its not as if they were trying to make money from it.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Go and look at what other countries charge for a student visa, or any visa for that matter and then come back and tell me that this isn't one of the biggest money making scams in history. This is a Government department and it is fleecing people for as much as they can justifiably get away with. In fact it's not even justifiable and they should be investigated and made to justify the extortionate prices they charge.

Are YOU kidding? $500 - that would be 10 hours per visa at $50 an hour (a fairly standard rate I would say). Guess what? It takes 20 mins to do the average student visa - I know because I know someone who processes them. That is $25 A MINUTE to cover the labour.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Go and look at what other countries charge for a student visa, or any visa for that matter and then come back and tell me that this isn't one of the biggest money making scams in history. This is a Government department and it is fleecing people for as much as they can justifiably get away with. In fact it's not even justifiable and they should be investigated and made to justify the extortionate prices they charge.

Well like you say it a Government department, costs money to run a department and $500 is a hell of a lot less than $25,000 as stated by the previous poster.

I had to pay $2100 for my PR, probably took about 3 hrs to process it but I'm not gonna whinge about the price as I only have to pay it the once and I am happy with the outcome.

The Government states that the Student visa and Skilled visa processes are separate, that means you can't expect PR straight of the back of a Student visa. That's my point.

Students can however obtain PR by employer sponsorship, that's the way industry dictates and they way the Government is moving.

Archived