Visa Capping - Senate Inquiry

Guest Aussie2B

Guys one thing is clear that Evans would be the next immigration minister and there would be no opposition to this C& C bill in the parliament as both the parties are against the large immigration .So keep the fingers crossed....

Dear Sammi4U,

Where did u get this info?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beersheer

Hi everyone,

Did anyone here (who made submissions) receive an email from the Senate about the cancellation of C & C Bill as the Parliament prorogued but can be reintroduced....blah blah.....?

I haven't.....

thnx

Guest Mongobear
Hi everyone,

Did anyone here (who made submission) receive an email from the Senate about the cancellation of C & C Bill as the Parliament prorogued but can be reintroduced....blah blah.....?

thnx

Me not. I received the confirmation that my submission has been published one day after I've loaded it up but no word that the bill has been overturned.

Hi Jeffster,

which countries are still missing? I could try to find out some details.

Cheers

Uli

Thanks, USA is the big one that I'm missing, can't seem to find any info about refunds for NZ and Germany either. I'm sticking to GSM programs rather than other forms of migration as it will make the case stronger.

As for getting signatures I'm thinking of a form with peoples names, TRN numbers for their application (to prove we are genuine), the subcategory applied for, how long we have waited already and the total time we expect it will take. So it would read:

Joe Bloggs - ABC12345 - Skilled Sponsored 886 - 1 year 9 months - 3 years

What do people think?

Guest Mongobear
Thanks, USA is the big one that I'm missing, can't seem to find any info about refunds for NZ and Germany either. I'm sticking to GSM programs rather than other forms of migration as it will make the case stronger.

As for getting signatures I'm thinking of a form with peoples names, TRN numbers for their application (to prove we are genuine), the subcategory applied for, how long we have waited already and the total time we expect it will take. So it would read:

Joe Bloggs - ABC12345 - Skilled Sponsored 886 - 1 year 9 months - 3 years

What do people think?

I'll get in touch with the German officials to find out about their refund policy and maybe I can also get some more detailed information regarding their visa processing times.

Will also see what I can find about the U.S. but this could take a bit. I'm sure someone in the forum will have a close relative or friend that emigrated to the U.S. and will be able to provide us with some firsthand info. Anyone ?

I'll get in touch with the German officials to find out about their refund policy and maybe I can also get some more detailed information regarding their visa processing times.

Will also see what I can find about the U.S. but this could take a bit. I'm sure someone in the forum will have a close relative or friend that emigrated to the U.S. and will be able to provide us with some firsthand info. Anyone ?

Is Matjones from the US??? I thoughtI saw something to do with the US on his status! Maybe I'm wrong!!:dull:

I will go through few site as well

CATEGORY (4), 885 applied AUG 2009 (ICT - Recent graduate NEC) IELTS 8.5, Working as Performance and Reporting Analyst since August 2009

Guest Mongobear

Just finished homework :D

The fees for the German "Niederlassungserlaubnis" (permanent residence) differ. (Sorry, I gave you some wrong numbers the last time).

1. 85 € for a "normal" individual

This option is available after 5 years of working in the country, fixed abode, secured livelihood, clean record ... the usual stuff but nothing impossible.

2. 150 € for a self-employed

You can apply for option two after 3 years of successful self-employment. You have to prove that you ran a business during the past 3 years and that you earn enough money to support yourself.

3. 200 € for a highly skilled worker

these are: specialized scientists, teaching/scientific staff in a prominent position, executive employers with special work experience with a minimum salary of 66.000 Euros/pa

You can directly apply for this visa after arrival resp. before your initial work-permit expires. It's decided on a case-by-case.

All three applications can only be filed in paper at the local authority for foreign nationals (Ausländeramt) - so only "onshore". Processing time is usually 2-6 weeks whereas there is a written direction that it should not take longer than 3 months resp. the authority has to react within 3 months. From forums I could see that it rarely takes longer than 6 weeks.

The fees have to be paid when you lodge the application at the authority, so up-front. The documents are checked by an officer together with you before you hand in the application. I've read through some official federal and governmental websites about the fees and there's no word about a refund. I've also read some legal texts about it and there is no word about a refund too. So I guess there is no refund.

Jeffster, getting a green card for the US can be very difficult. My brother got one through marriage, but it involved three years, a significant amount spent on immigration lawyers (you really need one to help with the application forms), face-to-face interviews with civil servants, and he reckoned on a 70% chance of succeeding.

Most skilled migration is through the H-1B visa, which is analogous to the employer nominated visas (457?) in Australia. These can lead to a green card after a number of years of residency in the US, but it ties you to a particular company for its duration. They're also in very short supply.

Is Matjones from the US??? I thoughtI saw something to do with the US on his status! Maybe I'm wrong!!:dull:

I will go through few site as well

CATEGORY (4), 885 applied AUG 2009 (ICT - Recent graduate NEC) IELTS 8.5, Working as Performance and Reporting Analyst since August 2009

I am from US, yes. However originally england. I got my US visa through marriage.

Jeffster, getting a green card for the US can be very difficult. My brother got one through marriage, but it involved three years, a significant amount spent on immigration lawyers (you really need one to help with the application forms), face-to-face interviews with civil servants, and he reckoned on a 70% chance of succeeding.

Actually it was pretty straightforward for me with the US visa. We got married, I filed all the paperwork myself, got temporary PR right away. After being married for 2 years, had an interview with immigration to convert to Permanent residency (greencard).

When did you apply Matt? I've got a feeling that US immigration has tightened up pretty heavily since 9/11.

My brother was in a weird situation whilst applying for his green card. He said that he was (in effect) an illegal alien during that time, and that if he left the US he'd be unable to return, and also have to restart the process.

It's possible that he misunderstood things, but there seemed to be significant hoops for him to jump through.

When did you apply Matt? I've got a feeling that US immigration has tightened up pretty heavily since 9/11.

My brother was in a weird situation whilst applying for his green card. He said that he was (in effect) an illegal alien during that time, and that if he left the US he'd be unable to return, and also have to restart the process.

It's possible that he misunderstood things, but there seemed to be significant hoops for him to jump through.

I got married in 1999. Whilst on my temporary greencard I wasn't allowed out of the country without permission from immigration, otherwise I wouldn't have got back in. I guess thats similar to the Aussie return resident visa? I almost got into a fight with them, my grandmother passed away and i needed permission to leave the country. I went to immigration and they almost refused because they said I could only leave for emergencies, and they wanted to know how close of a relationship I had with my grandmother, and needed me to justify why i wanted to go.

It is very difficult to find the fee's for USA as it seems thatthey have quite a lot of Visa categories...I spoke to a friend who said that the GREENCARD Lottery VIsa costs about $60 to apply - she has no idea frm there onwards

I might have to contact an Agent now!!:wubclub:

Everyone gone for fishing.....

Well then enjoy...

Guys ...... please have a look, my lawyer sent this to me

Migration Institute of Australia networking events, conferences, meetings and information sessions

Use it wisely

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Guest beersheer
Guys ...... please have a look, my lawyer sent this to me

Migration Institute of Australia networking events, conferences, meetings and information sessions

Use it wisely

I used it and this is what I received from the labour party...

"Finally, you have asked that the cap and cease legislation not be introduced. The proposed legislation is designed to provide flexibility in the management of the General Skilled Migration program and to ensure we are able to get the balance right when it comes to targeting the skilled workers WE NEED. "

That means they have full plans to reintroduce this Bill.....

But there's a 50-50 chance for labour to be in power.....after so many controversies...IMO

God knows what would happen...:skeptical:

I used it and this is what I received from the labour party...

"Finally, you have asked that the cap and cease legislation not be introduced. The proposed legislation is designed to provide flexibility in the management of the General Skilled Migration program and to ensure we are able to get the balance right when it comes to targeting the skilled workers WE NEED. "

That means they have full plans to reintroduce this Bill.....

But there's a 50-50 chance for labour to be in power.....after so many controversies...IMO

God knows what would happen...:skeptical:

Look like it!!:embarrassed:

CAT (4), 885 applied 2008 AUG, ICT - Recent graduate NEC, IELTS 8.0, NAATI qualified, Currently employed as a ICT Project Officer

Well From what is happening at the Election 2010 I can see that it is more likely for the Coalition - The Liberal party to win this Election for the Labor Govt and its Prime Minister are a Complete waste and they come out as a tragic Drama set.... What we can expect is the Implementation of this Cap and Cease Bill with a different add-on Policy and Wording which I hopefully , Keeping my fingers crossed, Would expel the people already in the queue by not being affected or atleast Applicants Onshore not being affected by the Libs Target of only 170000 Migrants Cap a year target.

This is Just pure speculation and I beleive this could happen most likely..!! We just have to do what we always have been doing for quite some time now.... WAIT !

Quote ranjith-[ What we can expect is the Implementation of this Cap and Cease Bill with a different add-on Policy and Wording which I hopefully , Keeping my fingers crossed, Would expel the people already in the queue by not being affected or atleast Applicants Onshore not being affected by the Libs Target of only 170000 Migrants Cap a year target.

Hi Ranjith

Im a little confused by what you have written particularly the section I have highlighted.

What type of applicant are you refering to as expeling people in the queue would surely affect them ?

Shane :confused:

Im sorry shane but my english sucked in my previous post.. Thats me not having breakfast in the morning..

What I meant was the same thing I always try to talk abt... that I just hope the Abbott Govt. if elected would not retrospectively implement any Cap on applicants already in the Queue for Skilled Migration , particularly the Onshore ones who have already landed and have invested hugely towards a permanent life in Australia.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived