What options for daughter if we move to Oz

abranch

We are still contemplating in moving to Oz and firstly we are going to wait to find out about what is happening in July with the State sponsorship as we will have to go for this and hopefully my husband's trade solid plastering is on one of the states. The only worry I have is our eldest daughter now 18 is currently training to be a hairdresser and is doing a apprenticeship in London and gets paid a small salary. She wants to come with us if we

go as we want to go as a whole family. I am not too sure if she could be included on our visa as she would not be able to cope financially on her on in the Uk or could we if we was given 176 state sponsored visa sponsor her straight away for the last remaining relative visa 115 as she has would have no other remaining brothers or sisters in the Uk or is there a waiting period before you can sponsor on this visa. She could come out on a working holiday visa but not too sure how that really works with reference what she can do for work etc. Any advice would be much appreciated and hopefully good news on the state sponsorship list in July!!

We are still contemplating in moving to Oz and firstly we are going to wait to find out about what is happening in July with the State sponsorship as we will have to go for this and hopefully my husband's trade solid plastering is on one of the states. The only worry I have is our eldest daughter now 18 is currently training to be a hairdresser and is doing a apprenticeship in London and gets paid a small salary. She wants to come with us if we

go as we want to go as a whole family. I am not too sure if she could be included on our visa as she would not be able to cope financially on her on in the Uk or could we if we was given 176 state sponsored visa sponsor her straight away for the last remaining relative visa 115 as she has would have no other remaining brothers or sisters in the Uk or is there a waiting period before you can sponsor on this visa. She could come out on a working holiday visa but not too sure how that really works with reference what she can do for work etc. Any advice would be much appreciated and hopefully good news on the state sponsorship list in July!!

My daughter has been out there for 3 years, she did 2 on a working holiday visa, and is in year 1 of a 2 year student visa. So you'll manage to be together, but hopefully someone can offer advice on the PR route for her and whether this can be run in tandem with the existing temp visas. We are in the same boat, as if we apply in July, 12 months to come through (If SMP) and our daughter, now 24 will only have 6 months with us before we work this one out.

Good Luck in July !

I think that the only way to be sure that an 18 year old can come on the same visa as the rest of the family is if they are in full time education. It gets a lot more difficult once the teenager is working although I don't think it is an absolute no. Does she live with you now and do you supplement her income in any way? You would have to put together a strong case based on these kind of facts to have her included. Whilst we might consider her salary to be too small to live on, particularly in London, the fact is there are minimum wage laws in UK and people do live on hairdresser salaries.

If you were not successful in getting her on your visa, it sounds like you have other options. I believe you just need to be "settled" in Australia in order to sponsor for the last remaining relative and if she does have to come out on a WHV for a short while she can work with any one employer for up to 6 months. I think that the restriction is a small price to pay for getting her out there.

Make sure your daughter does not get married, engaged or anything in the meantime. That would seriosuly hinder her chances of last remaining relative.

Good luck with everything.

Guest tashii27

I know that there were, not sure about now, LOADS of hairdressing jobs back home, there was a massive demand for apprentices back when I was there so I don't think she would have a problem getting one. She may be able to get a good employer to sponsor her, a lot of hairdressing places do.

I'm finding all this Hairdressser stuff funny now ( I mean across all posts etc ). Did Ozzies cut their own hair around a pudding bowl in the past ?:biggrin: Looking at Neighbours and Home & Away, they doesn't seem to be shortage in Erinsburgh or Summers Bay :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

This is in NO WAY a dig at Hairdressers btw, and I am sympathetic re the new SOL.

Guest tashii27
I'm finding all this Hairdressser stuff funny now ( I mean across all posts etc ). Did Ozzies cut their own hair around a pudding bowl in the past ?:biggrin: Looking at Neighbours and Home & Away, they doesn't seem to be shortage in Erinsburgh or Summers Bay :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

This is in NO WAY a dig at Hairdressers btw, and I am sympathetic re the new SOL.

:laugh::laugh:

Thank you for your replys. Does anyone know with reference the last remaining visa option how long you would to be in Oz on a permanent visa before you would be able to sponsor on this route. Thanks

hi there ....dont know if apprenticeship is classed as further education ???? ...but our daughter was included in our visa app and she was 18 [nearly 19] ...she was attending college and worked part time ...we had to do a stat dec to prove that financially she would not be able to survive on her own if she had been left behind .....i believe the age that a child can be classed as a dependant is up to 25 .....you would just need to have the apprenticeship bit clarafied ....hopefully one of the agents would be able to tell you

mrs keily

Archived