Transfers to Singapore hotel

helenccc

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations of how to get to your hotel in singapore with loads of luggage and 2 kids and pram cot highchair etc etc. Not sure whether to wait till we get to singapore or book something online. thanking you's in advance

Helen x :laugh:

Hi, we did this inApril of this year...3 kids, 2 car seats and 8 suitcases and 5 pieces of hand luggage!!...where are you staying? we stayed at the Intercontinential we call the conseirge from Heathrow airport and asked him to send a mini bus and some one to meet us...VIP service so they could help with all the luggage...it was abit expensive around$110 Singapore dollars but it's 2 to the pound so not too bad.....doing this made it very easy and straight forward as the kids were very tired from the flight....hope this helps....we are also in Perth and stayed in Singapore for 4 days which was great....becareful were you eat ...we eat at the food courts in the shopping mall and 2 of my kids the 4 and 8 year old picked up food poisioning and were very ill....so when we arrive in Perth we spent the first week visiting the gp and using loads of toilet roll!!....hope this info helps...feel free to ask if you need any more help...Louise xx

Guest dunkyboy

if it is only for a stop over between flights you could stay at the Crowne Plaza which is right at the airport, there is a shuttle train that runs constantly on a monorail between the terminal and the hotel, it only takes about 2 minutes, the hotel is really nice, I stayed there last year

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi we used SMRT on Nigel's recommendation on here, SMRT Website - Limousine Services

we emailed them and asked what price and how to book. Gave them our flight no's and destination hotel (Clarke Quay Novotel) and we had a minibus prebooked and prepaid that was fab. The taxi driver was great, and showed up both times exactly when we had booked him, very professional service.

Julie x

Guest brooksey

If you get one at the airport , make sure you agree a price first or some will try and rob you. Its roughly half price to do it at the airport(or it was last time i travelled)

The last time i prebooked was in Borneo. 100 uk quid. It was only 2 quid each way to call a cab yourself.

Hi, we did this inApril of this year...3 kids, 2 car seats and 8 suitcases and 5 pieces of hand luggage!!...where are you staying? we stayed at the Intercontinential we call the conseirge from Heathrow airport and asked him to send a mini bus and some one to meet us...VIP service so they could help with all the luggage...it was abit expensive around$110 Singapore dollars but it's 2 to the pound so not too bad.....doing this made it very easy and straight forward as the kids were very tired from the flight....hope this helps....we are also in Perth and stayed in Singapore for 4 days which was great....becareful were you eat ...we eat at the food courts in the shopping mall and 2 of my kids the 4 and 8 year old picked up food poisioning and were very ill....so when we arrive in Perth we spent the first week visiting the gp and using loads of toilet roll!!....hope this info helps...feel free to ask if you need any more he

Hi Louise,

Thanks for that. Did you guys do any day trips in Singapore? Any recommendations??? Like you we are spending a few days there just to have a mini holiday before we get to oz as i'm sure it will be awhile before we have another hol. We leave in 2 weeks tomorrow sojust so excited. I'm like a child at christmas ha ha. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Never been to perth so how are you finding things now

Sorry about all the questions lol

Guest brooksey

Take a taxi to the top of the cable car. Great views. Cable car then takes you to Sanatosa island and its beaches and cafes. Get a taxi back over the bridge.

you could try jurong bird park , i used to take my kids to the zoo and they had breakfast with the orangutangs , ,sentosa is nice if you go later in the day towards the evening the merlion will light up with lasers, the botanical gardens are close to tanglin by the city centre ,clarke quay is nice in the evening for families boat quay i enjoyed but not with young kids, there used to be a boat ride indoors at clarke quay where it took you through and explained the history of singapore ,

i like little india but its not for every one its very busy .

if your game you could catch a taxi to woodlands and go over the causeway into jahore [ malaysia ] you can walk over. very cheap knock off dvds etc i used to go over with the kids regular you pick up a taxi the other end and have a look aorund and shop , they also have the arts museum i went to an exhibition of cubists picasso etc reminded me of the things my kids drew at age 5 lol

So many things to do in Singapore...most have been mentioned

Jurong Bird Park - if you have kids, take swimmers because there is a great wet play area.

Zoo - again take swimmers for the kids

Sentosa - but go in the evening so you can watch the musical fountains - naff, but different, so fun to watch. Don't bother with the underwater world - it's not very good. Go over one way on the cable car and the other on the ferry.

The Night Safari. It's right next to the zoo, but a completely different experience. Well worth going.

Hope that helps

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Guys,

Thanks for great suggestions. Was in singaopore as a child and all i remember was a croc farm and a big buddah somewhere. Had a look on the sentosa island website and wasn't sure whether its a theme park or more of a nature park thing?? I like the idea of heading to jahore although maybe its a bit of a trek with an 11mth??.

Thanks again everyone

Helen xx :biggrin:

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Thanks for that. Did you guys do any day trips in Singapore? Any recommendations??? Like you we are spending a few days there just to have a mini holiday before we get to oz as i'm sure it will be awhile before we have another hol. We leave in 2 weeks tomorrow sojust so excited. I'm like a child at christmas ha ha. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Never been to perth so how are you finding things now

Sorry about all the questions lol

Ger and I have stayed at the Park Hotel on Kitchener Road for a couple of days as a break between Sydney and Heathrow.

Fantastic Hotel, one of our suitcases got damaged during the flight and the Hotel replaced it. As for things to see and do, well there's Macdonalds:biggrin: They have the Singapore Eye, there's Raffles Hotel where you have to have a Singapore sling. There's the Botanical Gardens, Boat trips etc etc etc. At your hotel speak to the receptionist and they will shower you with hundreds of brochures for day trips.

Personally, I like Singapore, enjoy your stay.

Forget to say they do boat tours on the river at clarke quay they go by stamford place dont cost a lot and its fun on the river , great eating at the quay as well. Also go to the raffles hotel to the long bar and have a singapore sling [ they do shirley temples for the kids and peel peanuts and throw the shells on the floor [ its a tradition]

Archived