309 visa waiting time

Guest DrinkingWiThe Flies

Guest DrinkingWiThe Flies

Recently sent off all our application to the embassy, and spoke to our case worker in regards to progress......."Very happy with your application, you,ll be placed in a queue and you should hear from me again in September"..............SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!

What the heck!!???:shocked:

3 months!!! I read loads of posts saying how they had got theirs processed within 1 month!

Anyone else in the middle of waiting for their 309, and have been told differently?

Most appreciated!:spinny:

Recently sent off all our application to the embassy, and spoke to our case worker in regards to progress......."Very happy with your application, you,ll be placed in a queue and you should hear from me again in September"..............SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!

What the heck!!???:shocked:

3 months!!! I read loads of posts saying how they had got theirs processed within 1 month!

Anyone else in the middle of waiting for their 309, and have been told differently?

Most appreciated!:spinny:

Keep your chin up, we applied for ours in march and got it back under 3 months later. That was with a request for extra info which took us a month to get to them. If you've got a good reason why you need to be there sooner - pester your case officer. They all have the power to process applications a bit quicker so be nice and just explain your situation. Don't think you'll get it in a month but hopefully quicker than 3 or 4!

Peach - From reading your posts/blog I understand you've been told if you need your visa quicker to contact them? Six months doesn't seem to be the norm. I know berkandmath were waiting nearly that long but they didn't actually get a case worker till a month after they applied.

The key is having flights booked or a job start date, I didn't and fell to the bottom of the pile.

* resident doomsayer *

The thing is if you do book flights and for whatever reason there is a complication with your application or your CO leaves and your case gets passed on to a new CO you could be left high and dry if your flights cannot be moved or refunded as it does clearly state do not make any irreversible decisions like book flights or sell your house. :eek:

From what I have read on here though CO generally do try to be helpful if you have flights booked etc

Good luck with your application, I hope it goes smoothly and quickly for you :biggrin:

Archived