can i bring my wife on bridging visa 485

inpeace

Assuming you were married recently?

Not sure about the bridging visa.

Diac need to know of change of circumstance though- if you were married during the process you should have told them.

She must be included on the 485 application, you can add her before grant it is simpler. If you were married before this why was she not included on the application?

Also if recent marriage and living apart (you in OZ and her elsewhere) you will need to prove genuine ongoing relationship - this might be tricky.

You might just want to speak to an agent about this just to make sure.

Hi Inpeace,

you are in same situation like mine only differene is I am going to get married in this Sepetember.

My agent told me I can not bring my partner while I am on briging visa. So people like us have to wait until our visa 485 been granted after then he/she can apply for spouse visa. Although its a bad news as we don't know when it will be granted. Hope this helps.

BTW does anyone know for spouse visa, is sponsor needed or not? If yes, except me and my parter can anyone else be our sponsor like our parents?

Best to add them to your application as secondary applicant now. You must let DIAC know of change of circumstances. If you add them after grant you pay the full charge again.

I do not know your circumstances but you do not have to be married to add a partner, you must however show evidence of ongoing relationship.

I'm not sure but wouldn't you need to be PR to apply for a spouse visa?

In this case with 485 you just add a partner to the 485 visa either before or after grant.

Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mbilalahmad

Disclaimer:- I am just telling you the things according to whatever I have discovered after a number of conversations with immigration dept help line, things are according to my understanding and I don’t take responsibility of any kind.

I am assuming my case as my wife is overseas and I have just got my 485 visa, so if I say husband it means myself who is in Australia and when I say wife it means the spouse who is overseas.

What you need before you apply for a 485 Visa for your wife/husband

1) Legal documents

2) Financial information

3) Proof of your relationship

You can apply for wife but this has to be done from Adelaide, you cannot apply her visa from the embassy /consulate in India.

All you have to do is to fill the form 1276, this is a very confusing but I am going to explain each and every part of it.

Filling Form 1276

The interesting fact is that no matter that your spouse is offshore but the visa she’ll apply is onshore 485.

That is true and being verified by immigration dept. in Adelaide

Therefore for the first section you’ll select “Onshore and Skilled- Graduate (subclass 485)”

At this point I will try to explain the different parts of the form but will explain the confusing questions of that part if required.

Part A—About you

This part will contain all of the information of your wife, not yourself as you are not the primary candidate for this case.

18. As in most of the situations you’ll be following up your wife’s case as you are in Australia and it is easier for your to communicate you can provide your own email address.

20. value of money won’t effect your application, but a couple of grand would do.

22. you have to select “Yes” as she is migrating with you.

24. you have to fill your visa details

Part B—Applicant Skils

Should be totally blank

Part c – About your partner

This section should contain details of the person who has got the visa (Husband in my case)

Part D – Basic requirements for partner

Should be totally blank

Part E – points test

Should be totally blank

Part F—family members details

Fill if you have any

Part H –Details of other family members

This part should have details of both husband and wife, no matter that husband’s details were submitted already with his application it should be filled again

Part L – details of previous visa’s

Only wife’s details

Part M

. no need to fill in this part as your wife’s skills are not assessed and she is not passing the points test.

Part P

Payment for this visa is 230$

Your wife should fill this in and sign and either sent it straight to Adelaide or can sent it to you and you can forward it to Adelaide.

Police clearance and Medical is required afterwards but not an initial requirement.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Guest Josezzh
Disclaimer:- I am just telling you the things according to whatever I have discovered after a number of conversations with immigration dept help line, things are according to my understanding and I don’t take responsibility of any kind.

I am assuming my case as my wife is overseas and I have just got my 485 visa, so if I say husband it means myself who is in Australia and when I say wife it means the spouse who is overseas.

What you need before you apply for a 485 Visa for your wife/husband

1) Legal documents

2) Financial information

3) Proof of your relationship

You can apply for wife but this has to be done from Adelaide, you cannot apply her visa from the embassy /consulate in India.

All you have to do is to fill the form 1276, this is a very confusing but I am going to explain each and every part of it.

Filling Form 1276

The interesting fact is that no matter that your spouse is offshore but the visa she’ll apply is onshore 485.

That is true and being verified by immigration dept. in Adelaide

Therefore for the first section you’ll select “Onshore and Skilled- Graduate (subclass 485)”

At this point I will try to explain the different parts of the form but will explain the confusing questions of that part if required.

Part A—About you

This part will contain all of the information of your wife, not yourself as you are not the primary candidate for this case.

18. As in most of the situations you’ll be following up your wife’s case as you are in Australia and it is easier for your to communicate you can provide your own email address.

20. value of money won’t effect your application, but a couple of grand would do.

22. you have to select “Yes” as she is migrating with you.

24. you have to fill your visa details

Part B—Applicant Skils

Should be totally blank

Part c – About your partner

This section should contain details of the person who has got the visa (Husband in my case)

Part D – Basic requirements for partner

Should be totally blank

Part E – points test

Should be totally blank

Part F—family members details

Fill if you have any

Part H –Details of other family members

This part should have details of both husband and wife, no matter that husband’s details were submitted already with his application it should be filled again

Part L – details of previous visa’s

Only wife’s details

Part M

. no need to fill in this part as your wife’s skills are not assessed and she is not passing the points test.

Part P

Payment for this visa is 230$

Your wife should fill this in and sign and either sent it straight to Adelaide or can sent it to you and you can forward it to Adelaide.

Police clearance and Medical is required afterwards but not an initial requirement.

I hope this helps.

i've been told that my wife must be off shore in order to apply for a spouse visa. is that ture?

After i have filled up the form, is there any other documents i need to attach?

where do i sent the form to?

There is much confusion in this post which I will try to clarify.

If you hold a subclass 485 visa and wish to add your partner they are NOT applying for a spouse visa.

Your spouse need to apply for a subclass 485 (Subsequent entrant).

Applications must be lodged in Adelaide. There is NO e-lodge facility for 485 Subsequent entrant applications.

Applicants can be on or off shore at time of lodgement.

i am currently on bridging visa.I have applied for GSM 485. can i bring her on bridging visa.Can i put her name for GSM 485?

Assuming that you got married after 485 lodgement and your wife is not included in the 485 application, it is not possible to INCLUDE her in the application.

Your wife should apply for a separate offshore 485 (subsequent entrant) visa once your 485 is granted. However, you should notify DIAC that you are married and provide them with your marriage certificate. DIAC will add her name as your spouse for record purposes.

She can always apply for a tourist visa to spend time with you in Australia.

Guest Chavi84

Hi

I was in same situation as you are in but the only difference was I got married before I applied for my 485.

You cant add her in your application now but you can wait till you are granted your 485 and than you can apply for her subsequent visa 485.

Do inform immigration about your wedding.

When I applied my wife's subsequent visa 485 she was granted visa within 45 days.

So good luck

Regards

Chavi

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest lazybones

Hi everyone, I need some guidance as I need to take an important decision of my life. Can anyone tell me accurately how long (processing time) does it take to get a spouse visa from Pakistan if your spouse in is Australia on a graduate visa.

My husband to be is a Pakistani citizen and has a graduate visa which is a temporary visa to get working rights in Australia after completing 2 year education in Aus. How long will it take for me to get the spouse visa on that? He will get married to me after he has applied for graduate visa. also tell me if i plan my wedding sooner and try getting a visit visa while he is on bridging visa. what are the chances of getting a visit visa to visit ur husband in Aus who is on bridging visa being a Pakistani citizen? and can the visit visa be extended from Australia in order to live with ur husband till he gets his graduate visa and applies for my spouse visa and I get it. Thanks

Please Please answer asap

• 5 months later...
Hi

I was in same situation as you are in but the only difference was I got married before I applied for my 485.

You cant add her in your application now but you can wait till you are granted your 485 and than you can apply for her subsequent visa 485.

Do inform immigration about your wedding.

When I applied my wife's subsequent visa 485 she was granted visa within 45 days.

So good luck

Regards

Chavi

Hi Chavi,

Thanks for sharing this. Can I bother you by asking which documents you required at the time of submitting your partner's 485 visa?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Janak

• 7 months later...

Archived