Hairdressers in Mornington, Frankston area disaster HELP!

ozzbound

I know its been discussed before but not for a while...

My hair is very thick and i have loads of it. In the UK my hairdresser was fab at thinning it out with a cut throat and doing loads of layers. I've been to 3 hairdressers since arriving all who didn't thin or cut it right the worst was today :cry:

The side fringe was looking a bit square and messy so popped in somehwere local for a trim and she just cut it on a slant above my eyebrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad:

Please, please tell me there is a good hairdresser somewhere I dye it myself just want a trim cannot wear it pinned up with grips forever.....

:wubclub:

Hi sorry you can't manage to find a gud hairdresser, i went to the new salon in Bentons square not the express cuts one, the other one, by dan murphys, the girl in there cut and coloured my hair and the service was really good

Tania x

I forgot to say i love cutting and thinning the hair with a cut throat the results are amazing, fingers crossed on your next haircut

Tania x

Thanks for that Tania. I went to the other one :embarrassed: luckily it was just my fringe..

What are the prices like there? Hope you don't mind me asking but I'm too embarrassed to ask in the shop!! :smile:

Guest The Pom Queen

What about Hairmoves in Frankston an excellent salon and have never heard anything but good reports.

Hi Its ratchet on chris's log in

Im not sure of the mornington area, i hope you get some responses as i think there are quite a few folk on here in that area.

Im with you on the standard of cut... I cant seem to find a good one either in my area (greensborough)....I last had my hair cut in January, booked in for a wash and cut to be told on the day, they are short of time and would just cut and spray water on:eek:.

It wasnt the best cut and now im scared to get it cut, just incase its a disaster. Like you im used to a razor cut and when i asked for it the women looked at me a bit wierd so i just sank back ino the chair and hoped for the best

the prices feel really expensive too. When i booked i did ask for an estimated price on it 'so i knew how much cash i needed', but i feel a bit embarrased asking for some reason?? dont know why, I wouldnt ask a tradie to do a job without asking how much it was gonna cost. Us women are weird sometimes!

struth i work as a hairdresser in wa and ive had them haggle the price with me ... i couldn't cope with that at all , so moved to a smaller salon.

have you tried asking on the other forums for maybe a mobile hairdresser , bet there are a few .

good luck.

Just to update...

I was walking around the house with the clip in and decided that i could not do this until i grew and remembered a salon in Frankston that had an advert in a local paper and remembered they all had really funky hairdos so thought they might have to razor their hair (bear with me!)

So I went on the offchance and they fitted me in. Just like you said Ratchet she spray wet my hair and cut away, layers, razors and thinning scissors and the whole time she was asking me what i wanted and explaining what she was doing.(I was a bit dubious with the spray thing but what else could go wrong... )

This girl was no more than 25 years old but i tell you i came home and washed it and she has done a fantastic job!!!!

Wells Hairdressing on Wells Road - further up on the opposite side to Frankston Cinemas. Her name is Alanna.

I have a fringe and she has done a brill job with what she had to work with too. I will be definately going back there.

The best part? It cost me $22!!!

Maybe the other salon did me a favour that i found this one?:wink:

Thanks for all the help too xxxxx

What about Hairmoves in Frankston an excellent salon and have never heard anything but good reports.

If this girl ever leaves i will definately give them a go. Thankyou xx

Hi Its ratchet on chris's log in

Im not sure of the mornington area, i hope you get some responses as i think there are quite a few folk on here in that area.

Im with you on the standard of cut... I cant seem to find a good one either in my area (greensborough)....I last had my hair cut in January, booked in for a wash and cut to be told on the day, they are short of time and would just cut and spray water on:eek:.

It wasnt the best cut and now im scared to get it cut, just incase its a disaster. Like you im used to a razor cut and when i asked for it the women looked at me a bit wierd so i just sank back ino the chair and hoped for the best

the prices feel really expensive too. When i booked i did ask for an estimated price on it 'so i knew how much cash i needed', but i feel a bit embarrased asking for some reason?? dont know why, I wouldnt ask a tradie to do a job without asking how much it was gonna cost. Us women are weird sometimes!

They are expensive in Mornington and i was going to go to the one Tania mentioned in Bentons but i work in Seaford so could call in on my way back from work with this one and like i said i remembered the advert and their hairstyles they had to use something for it!! Its really reasonably priced this salon too if i want to go blonde again too now i am feeling more confident with a good hairdresser as i used a box dye to go back to my natural brown seeing as there were not any trusty hairdressers around!!

Hope you find someone local - look on the net and see what the stylists hair is like or in a cheaper area maybe? Good luck x

I can't remember the exact cost, but i'm sure it was nearly $100 and that was with some discount as the salon had only recently opened, but the service was fab, where i had tea and biscuits, and they gave my daughter glasses of milk, and the apprentice kept my daughter amused, and the massage chairs were fab, so i enjoyed the whole experience of it.

Tania x

Guest flo&mags

I wish I could remember the hairdressers I used while in Hastings - they we just fab - beauty parlour as well - quite a posh looking shop off the main strip - I would recommend them anytime.

Archived