Submitting a 143 application

Guest FruitBat

Guest FruitBat

My partner and I have decided to go the way of the Contributory Parent (143). I have Googled some questions but a few things are not plain to me.

Can I apply online or do I actually have to print the forms out and physically submit them? Are printed versions of the necessary forms available from somewhere? (Dicky printer!)

I note there is the main application form and others to be submittted by the 'sponsor.' Should these go with the mail form or should they be send to the sponsor (in my case my daughter) for separate submissive.

As you can see, we are right at the start!!

FB.

Guest Gollywobbler
My partner and I have decided to go the way of the Contributory Parent (143). I have Googled some questions but a few things are not plain to me.

Can I apply online or do I actually have to print the forms out and physically submit them? Are printed versions of the necessary forms available from somewhere? (Dicky printer!)

I note there is the main application form and others to be submittted by the 'sponsor.' Should these go with the mail form or should they be send to the sponsor (in my case my daughter) for separate submissive.

As you can see, we are right at the start!!

FB.

Hello Fruitbat

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Please go NO FURTHER unless you have checked everything out thoroughly! Your efforts with Google don't seem to have led you to the DIAC website? DIAC are the Aussie Department for Immigration & Citizenship and they have an excellent website when it comes to describing what prospective Parent applicants should do.

Please click on the links below:

Family - Visas & Immigration

Parent Migration Booklet

If you ring the Aussie High Commission in London (assuming that you are in the UK) they might send you the forms for free or it might work out to be quite a bit cheaper to either buy a new printer or get your child in Oz to print the forms and to send them to you. The AHC charge £1 a minute just to phone them and it is petty likely that you would be plut through to a junior clerk who knows even less than you.

I suggest that the best thing is for you to read the documents in the links above very carefukly before you do anything.

For an extra £1,500 or so GBP (incuding VAT) a firm of migration agents called Go Matilda would be willing to give you a hand and they would send you the forms for completion/checking and they are excellent with CPVs. You can buy several printers pr a good printer plus a better computer for the amount that migration agents charge, though.

If you want to save some money and go it alone, I strongly advise you to eschew all migration agents' websites and to rely on the DIAC and other official Aussie Government websites alone.

All Parent visa applications must be submitted on paper, to the Parents Visa Centre in Perth. Th address etc is in the burble about the CPV 143. If you get stuck, e-mail parents@immi.gov.au - the PVC prefer their generic e-mail address to the on-line enquiry form. They answer e-mails very quickly , charge nothing for their assistance and they almost never get anything wrong.

Parent Visa Centre

Parents are pretty low priority for the purposes of immigration to Oz so they will only get the luxury of an on-line visa system if and when that works out to be cheaper for DIAC than the present arrangements. (Your own convenience is irrelevant - you might as well understand your own lowliness in DIAC's pecking order!)

Study the official bumph, I suggest, and do so without delay. The first and second instalments will both rise on 1st July 2010, which is the start of the new finanial year in Oz. If you can submit an application before 30th June 2010, you will get in ahead of the inevitable fee increases.

My mother has a CPV 143. My sister and I dealt with the whole thing by ourselves, so please sing out if you have any queries.

The thread below is excellent as well:

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3. - Page 131 : British Expat Discussion Forum

Cheers

Gill

Guest FruitBat

Hi Gollywobbler,

Firstly thank you for all that advice and in particular the contact information etc.

My Googling has, in fact lead me to the DAIC, and the booklet. Both most useful.

I was just confused that some categories seemed to have online submission but parents didn't. I thought I was doing something wrong but that is no cleared up. I have just ordered the new printer (Amazon £64!)

We have read quite a bit about it and visited Australia 3 times now, spending a total of 16 weeks there.

We have decided in the interests of economy not to use a Migration Agent. Given that we meet the balance of family test and are in reasonable-to-good health we would not anticipate any real problems. I hope this assumption proves correct. I would be interested in others experiences, whether to use an agent or not.

thank you agan, very much

FB

Archived