State Migration Plans

John Gilfillan

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the State Migration Plans?

What do you think will be on them and what do you think should be on them?

Regards,

John

175 applied 15/5/09, WA SS granted Feb 2010 all meds and PC's in. Now waiting for SMP

Guest Bootco

With renewed optimism hoping that my trade, fibrious plasterer, will be on WA's SMP as most construction trades seem to have survived the latest changes. However, I am still slightly worried that other criteria may be imposed, eg age eligibility etc.

We are hoping that hairdressing will be on the some SMP's we currently have a SS lodged with SA awaiting an outcome.

I too can see the possibility of having to meet other criteria to gain acceptance onto an SMP, for example with hairdressing, cooks etc they may well say you need "X number of years" experience in the trade. This way they sift out all the newly qualifying students in oz. (This is not me having a dig at the students by the way, it's just how I see it going, with the ministers bugbear against students from these trades)

Sarah

Hi All,

Regards,

John

175 applied 15/5/09, WA SS granted Feb 2010 all meds and PC's in. Now waiting for SMP

My guess is there will be a lot of trades, doctors, nurses, IT... they may have certain criterias to be met for sponsorship like a job offer.... the states will have to do a lot of analyzing and justifying if they require a certain occupation to be on their list especially if it does not appear on the new SOL and there are going to be plenty of these professions especially in those states like ACT, WA, Vic.... States like SA, Tasmania, NT are most likely going to pick occupations that are already on the new SOL because they need people to fill up their areas. With the SMP, there will be no temporary sponsoring (Visa 475) so the states will really have to think hard.

Well, this is just my opinion :biggrin: Views of all are appreciated.

Hi All,

Regards,

John

hi john,

i spoke with my agent this morning, this was one of the questions i asked her, she said she had no news as yet and wasnt prepared to speculate, another question i asked was,as ive aready lodged my 176 ss qld, where do i stand, willmy ss be transfered to the smp, or will new applicants leapfrog me,she didnt krow the answer to this either, hope you dont mind me asking on your thread , if anybody has any ideas on this.

regards jackster

hi john,

i spoke with my agent this morning, this was one of the questions i asked her, she said she had no news as yet and wasnt prepared to speculate, another question i asked was,as ive aready lodged my 176 ss qld, where do i stand, willmy ss be transfered to the smp, or will new applicants leapfrog me,she didnt krow the answer to this either, hope you dont mind me asking on your thread , if anybody has any ideas on this.

regards jackster

In my opinion and this is speculation only ;-) if you have applied for 176 and your occupation is in the same state's SMP, you should be pushed up the priority processing list because this is the only thing that will make the difference and nothing else will change.

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Chefs but not cooks - if they are having a problem with international students taking advantage by taking basic cookery skills courses and obtaining a visa that way then they should make it chefs only who have a multitude of qualifications and (in my OHs case) over 20 years experience. No doubt they eagerly take the international students fees quick enough!!!

and yes I am p***ed off that chefs are not on the SOL - keeping fingers crossed for Qld SMP but definitely not holding my breath :skeptical:

Oooooh rant over that felt better SORRY :tongue:

Donna

xx

Guest smithys

Hi Sarah,

Just wanted to reply as we our awaiting our reply from SA ss and our processing application is same date as yours! 29/04/10. We haven't heard anything yet but we had an email this morning from SA to say that it will be processed in the next 3 weeks. So fingers crossed it will be soon.

I am a hairdresser too! But we are going on my OH's trade which is Solid Plasterer.

All the best and good luck, Rose xx

Rose, Mark and 2 kids. TRA:(oh)Solid Plasterer:21/09/09, 175 Appl: 30/10/09, SA ss: Appl 29/04/10......waiting:SLEEP:

Guest bindog1uk
Well we are hoping to go to Qld under fibrous plasterer. Having seen the future plans for development in the Gold Coast I am really hoping our trade will be on their list as these are extensive. New hospitals, schools, etc. Fingers crossed.

Hi Saundersclan, OH same (Fiberous Plasterer) 176 State Sponsered Queensland. Looking good, but just when you things are getting better they take a turn. Hoping the SMP brings good news. We want the sunshine coast, nearer the Great Barrier Reef for his scuba diving, why do you fancy Gold coast, do you have family there:smile:Lesley

Hi Sarah,

Just wanted to reply as we our awaiting our reply from SA ss and our processing application is same date as yours! 29/04/10. We haven't heard anything yet but we had an email this morning from SA to say that it will be processed in the next 3 weeks. So fingers crossed it will be soon.

I am a hairdresser too! But we are going on my OH's trade which is Solid Plasterer.

All the best and good luck, Rose xx

Rose, Mark and 2 kids. TRA:(oh)Solid Plasterer:21/09/09, 175 Appl: 30/10/09, SA ss: Appl 29/04/10......waiting:SLEEP:

Hi rose

Just wondered if you sent them an email first or did they send you the email of their own accord?

hi john,

regards jackster

Hi Jackster.

Your agent's comments are what I would expect a professional advisor to say when there is no authoritative comment yet published on these issues.

Best regards.

Guest VickyMel

I think I should be on them! :biggrin:

hi john,

regards jackster

Sounds sensible to me - I think we will only know when DIAC or the states tell us.

I speculated for ages on what may or may not happen after 23rd Sept hit us and none of it really helped any and the reality was different in the end.

I try to speculate less nowadays - I was worried the other day that I am becoming numb to it all!

In my opinion, this is speculation only ;-) if you have applied for 176 and your occupation is in the same state's SMP, you should be pushed up the priority processing list because this is the only thing that will make the difference nnd nothing else will change.

That would make sense to me - if you have already recieved SS from a state and if you meet the requirements of their SMP I do hope that they will prioritise those that they have already agreed to sponsor. Hopefully this should be easier for them as depending on whether they bring in any other conditions they will have already done some of the decision making on these applicants?

Mmmm that will be me speculating then :biglaugh: and I thought I was getting better:twitcy:!

Vickymel

hi everyone,

i received an email after bombarding my agent with questions yesterday, im a hairdresser with ss to wa which i received very recently on 6th may so im of the list which is no big shock after the way the minister is so insulting to my occupation.

when i did hairdressing the course was two years and then it takes years to become a good hairdresser and i am finding it a little offensive that my trade has been put down so much.

anyway rant over back to the subject........

my agent answered my questions in the expected way( your lodged it shouldent affect you) but he did say someting i found interesting......

diac have kept the program numbers the same but with the sol being whitled down to 181 from 418 their might be less applications being taken????????

heres hoping and praying that wa have hairdressing on their smp pleasssssssse 00020166.gif

jools x

sig.asp?img=ad1

hi everyone,

i received an email after bombarding my agent with questions yesterday, im a hairdresser with ss to wa which i received very recently on 6th may so im of the list which is no big shock after the way the minister is so insulting to my occupation.

when i did hairdressing the course was two years and then it takes years to become a good hairdresser and i am finding it a little offensive that my trade has been put down so much.

anyway rant over back to the subject........

my agent answered my questions in the expected way( your lodged it shouldent affect you) but he did say someting i found interesting......

diac have kept the program numbers the same but with the sol being whitled down to 181 from 418 their might be less applications being taken????????

heres hoping and praying that wa have hairdressing on their smp pleasssssssse 00020166.gif

jools x

sig.asp?img=ad1

I respect hairdressers :biggrin: especially the talented ones because I always like to look good :cute:

Actually if you look at it, since the no. of occupations have come down and the English requirements (especially for Accountants) gone up, I presume there will be far less applicants than before. Besides, the no. of GSM visas has been just reduced by approx 9500 which in comparison to the much fewer occupations and other rules will be over balanced. This is again me thinking out loud !!! :jiggy:I like to do this, it keeps my mind occupied :wacko:

Mmmm that will be me speculating then :biglaugh: and I thought I was getting better:twitcy:!

Vickymel

With the rules not clear to anyone... I would say we are getting better....................... at speculating :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest smithys
Hi rose

Just wondered if you sent them an email first or did they send you the email of their own accord?

Hi, they sent me the email of their own accord??!!

I also received an updated one today which is basically the same - as long as you have applied for SS AND lodged your visa appl AND notified them of that - it will be processed in the next 3 weeks. So fingers crossed it'll come soon (and double fingers crossed it's a yes!) xx

Guest nrance

hiya im new &v confused im a hairdresser 15yrs qualified but just gone back after having kids.oh a warehouse logistics manager. we were hoping to get 2 oz on my skills but now theve changed the goalposts weve no idea what to do or how we see about employment or state sponsorship.

if anyone can help id love you for ever@a day

Hi Saundersclan, OH same (Fiberous Plasterer) 176 State Sponsered Queensland. Looking good, but just when you things are getting better they take a turn. Hoping the SMP brings good news. We want the sunshine coast, nearer the Great Barrier Reef for his scuba diving, why do you fancy Gold coast, do you have family there:smile:Lesley

Hey Lesley im into boats so we can do the sea together :biglaugh:

hiya im new &v confused im a hairdresser 15yrs qualified but just gone back after having kids.oh a warehouse logistics manager. we were hoping to get 2 oz on my skills but now theve changed the goalposts weve no idea what to do or how we see about employment or state sponsorship.

Hi nrance,

I would suggest that if you havent already applied, then you should speak to a migration agent and weigh things up from there. There has been a lot of changes recently and in my opinion, agents are best equipped to give you the correct advice.

Hope this helps.

John:hug:

I recently gained SS from Tasmania who indicated that hairdressing would be remaining on their list of ' wanted 'professions. So this coulod keep the door open for you maybe?

Heres a copy of what they sent me....

I’m pleased to inform you that your application for Tasmanian Skilled Sponsored (SS) visa sponsorship has been successful. As a reminder, your reference number is

********** – please quote it in all future correspondence.

Your visa application can now be lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Once this has been done, please send me your TRN or CLF reference number so that your nomination can be formally lodged with them. Providing you meet DIAC’s other visa requirements, including health and character checks, a visa will be issued in due course. State sponsorship does not guarantee a visa will be granted.

Your sponsorship is valid for a visa application lodgement within three (3) months from the date of this email. Should you require an extension to this time-frame, please apply to me in writing before the sponsorship expiry date.

As you may be aware, DIAC has temporarily stopped accepting 176 visa applications until 1 July 2010. The Tasmanian Government is in the process of reviewing its sponsorship eligible occupations but at this stage we expect HAIRDRESSER will stay on the list. On this basis we are happy to provide you with our sponsorship. Please let us know once you have lodged your visa application after July 1 2010 and email your TRN number to this office.

Please note that this office is not receiving new sponsorship applications as of May 10 2010 but we will you as your application was received April 16 2010.

I recently gained SS from Tasmania who indicated that hairdressing would be remaining on their list of ' wanted 'professions. So this coulod keep the door open for you maybe?

I’m pleased to inform you that your application for Tasmanian Skilled Sponsored (SS) visa sponsorship has been successful. As a reminder, your reference number is

Your visa application can now be lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Once this has been done, please send me your TRN or CLF reference number so that your nomination can be formally lodged with them. Providing you meet DIAC’s other visa requirements, including health and character checks, a visa will be issued in due course. State sponsorship does not guarantee a visa will be granted.

Your sponsorship is valid for a visa application lodgement within three (3) months from the date of this email. Should you require an extension to this time-frame, please apply to me in writing before the sponsorship expiry date.

As you may be aware, DIAC has temporarily stopped accepting 176 visa applications until 1 July 2010. The Tasmanian Government is in the process of reviewing its sponsorship eligible occupations but at this stage we expect HAIRDRESSER will stay on the list. On this basis we are happy to provide you with our sponsorship. Please let us know once you have lodged your visa application after July 1 2010 and email your TRN number to this office.

Please note that this office is not receiving new sponsorship applications as of May 10 2010 but we will you as your application was received April 16 2010.

That is really good news for all you Hairdressers for those who have not yet applied... here is an opportunity to enter Aus and for those who have, you move up the Processing ladder to Priority Processing No. 2 !!! :biggrin:

congratulations on your ss ......

and thankyou for that glimmer of hope:hug:

jools x

Hi Lesley,

We do have family on the GC but where we end up settling I don't know. We are open to anywhere that takes our fancy on that east coast. How did you go about getting state sponsorship for QLD under fibrous plasterer? I didn't think that was possible. :confused:

Kate

Guest pinal

Congratulations on your SS

Finger crossed for all of us:jiggy:

Archived