sleepywombat

Proof of hardship

Hi

What is the definition of hardship to immi?

I have been advised that I have 'failed to provide tangiable proof of my hardship' to immi...

I came over here with next to nothing and now have an income of around $500 a week from a (rather rubbish) job that immi now say I can't do because of the above statement...

My olds (who are sponsoring me for the LRR 835) are on UK pensions but are classed as 'Self Funded Retirees' and don't get a huge return on their cash given the current exchange rate..

Can anyone shed any light please? I know its a complex one given that the olds are sponsoring me and providing a roof over my head, however it seems as though they may have to start providing pocket money too...

Thanks...

Cx

:arghh:

Guest guest36187

What did IMMI ask you for? Did you not have a list of evidence that you had to send in?

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

What is the definition of hardship to immi?

I have been advised that I have 'failed to provide tangiable proof of my hardship' to immi...

I came over here with next to nothing and now have an income of around $500 a week from a (rather rubbish) job that immi now say I can't do because of the above statement...

My olds (who are sponsoring me for the LRR 835) are on UK pensions but are classed as 'Self Funded Retirees' and don't get a huge return on their cash given the current exchange rate..

Can anyone shed any light please? I know its a complex one given that the olds are sponsoring me and providing a roof over my head, however it seems as though they may have to start providing pocket money too...

Thanks...

Cx

:arghh:

Hi Wombat

DIAC probably want to define "hardship" as meaning "destitution." I was told by Nigel Dobbie that it does not mean "destitution" in the case of the Aged Dependent Relative" visa, so I suspect that it doesn't mean destitution in the case of the Remaining Relly visa either.

Dobbie and Devine Immigration Lawyers Pty Ltd

Nigel provides a free consultation service so you may wish to ask him about this.

Plus, why do you have go get involved with issues of "hardship" in any case? You are either your family's Remaining Relly or you aren't. That is a question of family fact only. A Remaining Relly might be a pauper or s/he might be a millionaire. As far as I know, the applicant for a Remaining Relly visa is not subjected to any sort of means-testing, so why are DIAC trying to means-test you, please?

I would not play ball with DIAC about this unless they can prove that the law permits them to enquire about your financial situation. If a DIAC drongo refuses your visa on specious grounds, remember that you can appeal to the Migration Review Tribunal if need be.

Meanwhile I would be inclined to tell them to produce legal chapter & verse to prove that they are entitled to ask about your finances in the first place.

Cheers

Gill

Sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. Do you have the 835 visa already? If so not sure why they have said you cannot work. The rules do say you cannot get state benefits for 2 years.

What hardship are you claiming and why? With more info maybe someone can help.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Hi all - thanks for your replies so far :)

Sorry - I didn't clarify that I am currently on a Bridging Visa pending the outcome of the 835 application.

I had to claim hardship as the BV comes with no work rights....

HTH...

Cx

How did you go with this I know it's a long time ago but my sister is wanting to come over on tourist apply forLRR Visa and in the mean time get a bridging visa but want to work whilst on the bridging visa I'm sponsoring her and keeping a roof over her head

You would be far better off starting your own thread. There was one on here not long ago where someone did get this approved. They didn't give details of exactly how they proved hardship though.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)