and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest roy s

Oz visa - drug test?

Guest roy s

Hi there,

I'm currently applying for my australian spouse visa, does anyone know what they test for in the medicals? Do you know if they test at all for illegal drugs? I'm just a bit worried as I've been around people smoking weed recently.

Thanks for any help you can give

Regards

Roy:err:

Guest Zamis

AFAIK they do a HIV test, diabetic etc, they don't really do a drug test and even if they do smoking weed shudnt be much of a problem?

Guest themikey

Dam that made me laugh!!

Maybe you should stand a bit more away from "the other" people smoking it.

Was you just "holding it" for them as well?:wink:

Guest SheldonSal

Hi Zamis, I am applying for the exact same visa and my medical is coming up soon too. I have a planned weekend in Amsterdam before and don't want to miss out when I am there. Have you found out or even had your medical?

:wink:

Hi Zamis, I am applying for the exact same visa and my medical is coming up soon too. I have a planned weekend in Amsterdam before and don't want to miss out when I am there. Have you found out or even had your medical?

Pot stays longest in your system out of the "normal" gear does'nt it? 6 weeks after packing it in its out of your system,and thats for a heavy user(so im told)

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest Guest31881

I suppose it depends on what you feel is the most important, Amsterdam weekend or Australia. there is no saying it will show up, but is it worth the risk?

Guest Jo and Dave

Blood tests are for HIV, Hep B, Hep C -

Health Requirements for Visa Applicants

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 22. The Health Requirement

They don't routinely test for drugs, but watch out for the sniffer dogs at the airport, they will smell it a mile off :laugh:

Medical examination typeForm requiredMedical examinationForm 26 – Medical examination for an Australian visa (168KB PDF file)Chest x-rayForm 160 – Radiological report on chest-xray of an applicant for an Australian visa (113KB PDF file)HIV/HEP B/HEP C testForm 26 – Medical examination for an Australian visa (168KB PDF file)Aged visitor health checkAged Visitor Health Check Proforma ( 46KB PDF file)Medical examination typeForm requiredMedical examinationForm 26 – Medical examination for an Australian visa (168KB PDF file)Chest x-rayForm 160 – Radiological report on chest-xray of an applicant for an Australian visa (113KB PDF file)HIV/HEP B/HEP C testForm 26 – Medical examination for an Australian visa (168KB PDF file)Aged visitor health checkAged Visitor Health Check Proforma ( 46KB PDF file)

There is a urine test, don't know what it is for specifically but perhaps drugs would show up in that. I don't think I would risk it myself, I even decided to stay away from the wine for a couple of days before mine. :biggrin:

Guest SheldonSal

Thanks all.

I'll be a good girl in Amsterdam. Like Colin said, which is more important. I knew the answer straight away and if I was really clever girlie, I could try and arrange to have my medical BEFORE I go to Amsterdam. :err:

There is a urine test, don't know what it is for specifically but perhaps drugs would show up in that. I don't think I would risk it myself, I even decided to stay away from the wine for a couple of days before mine. :biggrin:

This is for diabetes

Steve, Cath & Maddie: Job offer 1/2/11, 457 started 1/3/09, NSW nursing reg completed 1/11/09, Meds 5/1/10, 457 approved 3/3/10, Were here 29/7/2010: Off again :eek: EN 856 meds taken 24/1/11, 856 app submitted 28/3/11, 8/5/11 Perm Res Granted

we just had our meds,the only thing it said about drugs on the form was to ask the doctor to fill in a part about any noticable track marks on the body, but you never know what they might randomly test for!!!

shez x

They'll only test what is asked for ... they don't do anything random

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Standard urine drug tests detect THC, opiates, benzo-something or others (ecstacy) and codeine. They'll get things up to 3 days after consumption.

Never heard of anyone having to do one for a visa medical though.

During my test they did the usual indicator test for sugar then tipped the sample away. As you are the one requesting the test and specify the doc and confirm the visa type you are applying for (togeather the other information submitted on the form ( I.e I have tattoos so had to pay extra for hep tests) that's it. As Ali says they don't do random checks.

Steve, Cath & Maddie: Job offer 1/2/11, 457 started 1/3/09, NSW nursing reg completed 1/11/09, Meds 5/1/10, 457 approved 3/3/10, Were here 29/7/2010: Off again :eek: EN 856 meds taken 24/1/11, 856 app submitted 28/3/11, 8/5/11 Perm Res Granted

No officer I dont smoke, just my eight friends do and i have been standing in a phone box with them latley.,,,and are you gonna eat that doughnut?:chatterbox::goofy:

Lol, but know how you feel, gave it up 8 months ago. and no i dont feel better for it, everything is far to normal.

Hi there,

I'm currently applying for my australian spouse visa, does anyone know what they test for in the medicals? Do you know if they test at all for illegal drugs? I'm just a bit worried as I've been around people smoking weed recently.

Thanks for any help you can give

Regards

Roy:err:

Kevin, Claire, Melody, Jodie,

Plumber Vetassess passed 27th May 2010, SS Vic Granted 06 oct 2010, lodged 176 15th oct. Nov 2010 Given Co, wife Preggers, Sep 20/11 meds done, Sep 30/11 Visa Granted..