New SOL: Minister Explains Today's Announcement (Video)

Alan Collett

Guest Gollywobbler
Many Thanks Alan, nice to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak!

Hi bindog

The horses's mouth or the weasel's mouth, hon?!!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
World News Australia - Migration changes draw mixed reaction

Video: Minister explaining today's new SOL.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Eventually I forced myself to watch the vid of the Minister for Immi.

Do you have any idea who his two minders were, please? The one in the striped tie did not stop fidgeting and the other one looked cowed and guilty to me.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Alan

Eventually I forced myself to watch the vid of the Minister for Immi.

Do you have any idea who his two minders were, please? The one in the striped tie did not stop fidgeting and the other one looked cowed and guilty to me.

Cheers

Gill

Foreign Minister Steven Smith and Federal Treasurer Wayne Swan (striped tie). Not just a doorstop, and possibly emphasises the political nature of the changes.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Gollywobbler
Foreign Minister Steven Smith and Federal Treasurer Wayne Swan (striped tie). Not just a doorstop, and possibly emphasises the political nature of the changes.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George

Thanks very much. I imagined that the other two men "must be" DIAC Officers, so I was wondering who they were and what their jobs were. I've never clapped eyes on Peter Speldewinde or Sandi Logan so I wondered whether they were the two with the Minister.

On a different point, please, the new State Migration Plans. In one of the statements made today, I have the impression that the Minister needs the Gov-Gen's signature before he can introduce the SNPs. Is that right or have I misunderstood the statement, please?

If the G-G's signature is needed, does that mean that the proposals for the new SMPs have to be thrashed out in Parliament first?

Many thanks

Gill

Guest waynenicola

How do you guys think the new sol will effect the priority groups now and when do you expect an announcement on existing applications ??

thanks

Guest Wannabeoz
How do you guys think the new sol will effect the priority groups now and when do you expect an announcement on existing applications ??

thanks

I'm not on the new SOL, and although I have state sponsorship my occupation is now closed. I totally expect to be capped and ceased (after a few years when they have had plenty of time to make interest on my money of course!)

Guest waynenicola

I have state sponsership and i am on the new sol(carpenter) so i hope that will see me bumped back up to cat 2 and get my co sooner rather than later. We are all getting cheesed off with it all now !!

Archived