News about the new SOL

Guest Jamie Smith

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jamie

There you will see that a sex worker has a higher ANZSCO code than an immigration case officer.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I read somewhere that under the ASCO Code they said it was desirable if a Prostitute had an AQF II so that she could "converse" with her clients over dinner or whatever. As far as I know, I don't think much "conversing" goes on.

However it did give me a yen to get an AQF II so that I could then bang on the door of a brothel in Kalgoorlie, shouting, "I'm a fully-qualified Professional Prostitute! I've got an AQF II to prove it! Admittedly I haven't got any work experience in this field but I can soon learn about that bit. Now then. GIMME A JOB!!"

Cheers

Gill

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eddie

No Toolmakers, 1st class machinist, fitter/turners etc etc. Poo!

Hope WA have "different" needs??!!

Chin(s) up everyone....................

Paul & Babs (Toolmaker 176 SS WA 1/2/10. Visa applied 23/2/10)

New migrant list will hit business:

'Some restaurants would go out of business and others be forced to shorten their trading hours without migrant labour, according to Restaurant and Catering Australia chief executive John Hart.'

'He said the industry was already 3000 cooks short before the federal government halved the number of places for which independent skilled migrants could apply.'

New migrant list will hit business

Hi Jamie

I read somewhere that under the ASCO Code they said it was desirable if a Prostitute had an AQF II so that she could "converse" with her clients over dinner or whatever. As far as I know, I don't think much "conversing" goes on.

However it did give me a yen to get an AQF II so that I could then bang on the door of a brothel in Kalgoorlie, shouting, "I'm a fully-qualified Professional Prostitute! I've got an AQF II to prove it! Admittedly I haven't got any work experience in this field but I can soon learn about that bit. Now then. GIMME A JOB!!"

Cheers

Gill

Yeah I agree... this is one occupation that you dont have to use your IELTs skills :biglaugh:

Guest Gollywobbler
New migrant list will hit business:

'Some restaurants would go out of business and others be forced to shorten their trading hours without migrant labour, according to Restaurant and Catering Australia chief executive John Hart.'

'He said the industry was already 3000 cooks short before the federal government halved the number of places for which independent skilled migrants could apply.'

New migrant list will hit business

Hi tcllic

Good for John Hart. Too much toadying to the Minister for Immi simply gives him a swelled head - which is far too swelled as it is.

Cheers

Gill

Hi I've looked at the list and i'm wondering if there is any particular order of priority. My OH is a civil engineer and now works as a construction project manager which one should he chose?

Di

Guest Jamie Smith

Gday Gill

AQF?

Partner visa related

Anybody's quaint friend?

A quick fondle?

Another quick fondle?

Anthony! Quit fondling!

Australian visa policies

Another queue, feck!

Applied, quietly fretting.

Australia quashes fairness!

Application quickly failed

Family issues

Auntie's quietly f*rting... :swoon:

So Alan do you think that's their justification? Seems a bit lame if that's what the Minister meant by "Skills Australia will publish on its website www.skillsaustralia.gov.au the evidence and analysis for each listed occupation in coming weeks" in his press release yesterday. See New Skilled Occupation List to meet Australia’s economic needs .

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Jamie Smith

Typical spin, George. Float the boat, see the response and then supply the tailored argument.

Guest highlander

Hi All,

Any one please,

how it will work, In previous SOL my Trade code was 4312-11 Ref AC/Mech.. but it is been changed to 342111 [New

ANZSCO Code]

My question is that, do we as applicants have to do something on our end ? or will DIAC staff going to match & find old codes of exsisting applicants with new ones?

Any feedback is welcome.

Hi Jamie,

No, the impression I got from Skills Australia - and particularly when I phoned them with everyone else on 30 April - was that they were trying to put together a list which was rational, rather than the original list which was cobbled together entirely on the basis of expediency in 1999. Of course, whatever Skills Australia isn't going to be immune from politics but it's a helluva lot more open than the Howard government version - how DIAC must miss those days.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Jamie Smith

Hi George

Skills A/a will be working to Ministerial request (read, direction). It was the Minister's float, spin, read, respond I was referring to, for which SkA will produce their stuff

Guest babboo
This list will have to do until the announcement is made:

Skilled visa crackdown | The Daily Telegraph

In:doctors, nurses, engineers, scientists, teachers, vets, locksmiths, dentists, midwives, mechanics, bricklayers, carpenters, tilers, electricians and plumbers

Out: mathematicians, counsellors, historians, fashion designers, translators, park rangers, hotel managers, parole officers, interior decorators, piano tuners, buttermakers, massage therapists, tree surgeons and glass blowers

Occupations axed from the skilled migration scheme to be demand-driven | Herald Sun

In: plumber, electrician, bricklayer, locksmith, welder, motor mechanic, teacher, doctor, nurse, dentist, chemist, mining engineer, vet, architect and childcare manager.

Out: Cook, hairdresser, park ranger, butter maker, signwriter, piano tuner, interior decorator, greenkeeper, gunsmith, parole officer, real estate agent, fashion designer, hotel/motel manager, librarian, mathematician and massage therapist.

Hairdressers out as migrant skills list gets a trim | The Australian

Out: Butter makers, journalists, script editors, fashion designers, intelligence officers, cooks and hairdressers, pharmacists

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,Jamie n Gill...

Where do I stand ....

I am an Education Officer... Pre September 2007 applicant...

This is all to confusing to me....

Can u PLEASE clarify our situation

THANKS a LOT :hug:

CHEERS

Guest rachbarlow

I have just read the new SOL, I have been in no hurry as this is all driving me mad at the moment. Surprise.............. not on it............................ this whole thing is a total load of bo****ks and a farce!! I am off again to dissapear again for serveral more days until some more bull comes out! Every other trade in our area is.... but not us!!

Sorry for the mini rant...... but will have a vodka and feel slightly better!

I have just read the new SOL, I have been in no hurry as this is all driving me mad at the moment. Surprise.............. not on it............................ this whole thing is a total load of bo****ks and a farce!! I am off again to dissapear again for serveral more days until some more bull comes out! Every other trade in our area is.... but not us!!

You dont have to worry because this new SOL does not affect you as you have already filed your application for visa.... so take a break !!

Guest Wannabeoz

I totally hear ya! I'm not on the SOL either, so no doubt I'll be shunted to the end of the queue even though I have state sponsorship! What is the bloody point?! And how long will the minister take to approve the damn SMPs, and how many occupations will he chop off, even though when we applied to our states they wanted our skills!!! The whole thing makes me mad when I think what I could have spent my money on, instead of handing it over to to the Australian visa lottery... In fact I should have just bought lottery tickets with it, would have more of a chance of getting something in return!!!!

Guest highlander
Any idea on Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanics?:rolleyes:

Well Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanics is on new SOL.. do you mean if is on other states SMP list ?

Guest highlander
Where does this leave us now if we are still on the list (electrician) and visas were lodged in January. When will we hear from DIAC.

It all depends on the category you fall in and how much DIAC staff have got a back log left on their desk. I am been waiting since Jan 09.. yep on 1 july it will be almost 1.5 years for me but still hoping for good.:wink:

Archived