ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave Mac

Carpentry and Joinery

Guest Dave Mac

Hello people,

we are just starting out with our visa application and i have to do a vetassessment. I'm not worried i have the skills but i want to know are there only 2 application forms, 1 Carpenter, or, 2 joiner or is there a 3rd Carpenter and Joiner.

Some of the embedded units in the Carpenter( site based) ASCO 4411-13 form might be a stumbling block because i have no experience (carry out excavations and build formwork).

Yes i've built an extension or 2 and dug out the footings but not on a larger scale.

I have seen a Carpentry and Joinery ASCO 4411-11 form on a site but not sure if it still exists.

Any help will be greatly received.

Cheers

Guest steph13

Hey don't worry at all my hubby thought exactly the same!!! He filled in the sheet basically saying that he didn't really do excavations etc, only on very small scale, this was fine!! He is also a carpenter/joiner but we r goin on the carpenter form!! He has his vetassess practical on the 28th may after passing the written assessment!!! So fingers crossed he passes!!! I'm sure he will as he is very good at his job!! Then it will be south Australia state sponsor application!!! So fingers crossed carpenters are on the new state migration plans!!!! Xx

Guest brooksey

There used to be a Carpenter and Joinery licence over here but the've split it into 2 now. Means more money for them.

Guest Dave Mac

thanks guys good luck !