They will have a general list that covers OZ as a whole, then specific SS lists. I'm only really interested in VIC, as thats where I want to migrate to. The state skills lists are due out in June apparently, so fingers crossed :wink:

have you been assessed in 2231-79 (Network Security) ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JasonOZ

My 2231-79 (Network Security) application is currently with ACS. It takes 12 weeks apparently and has been with them since April, so still waiting the outcome! :eek:

My 2231-79 (Network Security) application is currently with ACS. It takes 12 weeks apparently and has been with them since April, so still waiting the outcome! :eek:

Don't worry! It takes a bit more. :wink:

Guest Anya

The new SOL shows the knee jerk reaction and complete lack of thought process on the part of the Minister/DIAC. How could occupations previously on the Critical Skills List not even make it to the new SOL???? There is still a lack of qualified and experienced chefs, cooks and hairdressers (reading various reports from industry spokespersons).

If the Minister wanted to crack down on the student visa route to PR rort (where students didn't really work in their nominated occupations) then instead of discarding these occupations completely (and penalising genuine applicants working in these occupations) why not include them but make the criteria stricter - not 1-2 years experience but 5 years experience?

Hopefully the SMP will include these occupations and include some minimum experience as additional qualifying critieria, so genuine applicants do not get unnecessarily penalised.

DIAC/States - please take heed/use your commonsense/do the right thing.

Guest Gollywobbler
The new SOL shows the knee jerk reaction and complete lack of thought process on the part of the Minister/DIAC. How could occupations previously on the Critical Skills List not even make it to the new SOL???? There is still a lack of qualified and experienced chefs, cooks and hairdressers (reading various reports from industry spokespersons).

If the Minister wanted to crack down on the student visa route to PR rort (where students didn't really work in their nominated occupations) then instead of discarding these occupations completely (and penalising genuine applicants working in these occupations) why not include them but make the criteria stricter - not 1-2 years experience but 5 years experience?

Hopefully the SMP will include these occupations and include some minimum experience as additional qualifying critieria, so genuine applicants do not get unnecessarily penalised.

DIAC/States - please take heed/use your commonsense/do the right thing.

Hi Anya

I could not agree with you more.

Tne whole thing is actually political in nature, firstly. As far as I can gather, Krudd is

responding to the fact that the Aussie Voter doesn't like the idea of Immigration to Oz any more. He will revert to liking it again soon enough once he can't get his hair cut and his dog wouldn't eat the "cuisine" pushed out in the restaurant etc.

But not to worry! At least the streets will be swept and the loos will be clean because the refugees will deal with both of those, I imagine. Accommodating a refugee for months at the tax-payer's expense is one heck of an expensive way to hire someone to clean the public dunnies, methinks, but still!

Maybe the Aussie Voter will buy into the spin at the next Election or maybe he won't, I suspect.

What do you reckon the occupation Spin Doctor comes under in ANZSCO? Several of them are going cheap in the UK at the minute and the Fed Govt in Oz might like to hire them? Their English is not brilliant but it would probably pass the IELTS....

Cheers

Gill

Guest Anya
Hi Anya

I could not agree with you more.

Tne whole thing is actually political in nature, firstly. As far as I can gather, Krudd is

responding to the fact that the Aussie Voter doesn't like the idea of Immigration to Oz any more. He will revert to liking it again soon enough once he can't get his hair cut and his dog wouldn't eat the "cuisine" pushed out in the restaurant etc.

But not to worry! At least the streets will be swept and the loos will be clean because the refugees will deal with both of those, I imagine. Accommodating a refugee for months at the tax-payer's expense is one heck of an expensive way to hire someone to clean the public dunnies, methinks, but still!

Maybe the Aussie Voter will buy into the spin at the next Election or maybe he won't, I suspect.

What do you reckon the occupation Spin Doctor comes under in ANZSCO? Several of them are going cheap in the UK at the minute and the Fed Govt in Oz might like to hire them? Their English is not brilliant but it would probably pass the IELTS....

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

I am not sure whether the Aussie voter is anti immigration per se as much as anti illegal immigrant (?).. I think a lot of anger is directed towards the spiralling costs of living, crumbling infrastructure and spiralling house prices and it is easy to direct the blame on immigration numbers (an easy scapegoat to cover all other policy cracks) rather than the Govt's harebrained policies that caused it in the first place (e.g. throwing money away in the form of FHOG; open support to the RE industry and unsustainable high house prices; monopolies...etc).

Cheers

Anya

Guest jains005

Can anyone say if the new SOL will have an effect on the State Migration Plan?

thanx, Jains

Can anyone say if the new SOL will have an effect on the State Migration Plan?

thanx, Jains

The new SOL and SMP are two different things. The new SOL is a list of occupations released by the Goverment as an eligibility criteria for new applicants.

The SMP will be a list of occupations released by each state as per their requirements. This may or may not contain the occupations already listed in the new SOL and will be treated as priority.

Guest bindog1uk

Does anyone know if the states will release their SMP altogether or will we have to wait for each state to do this seperately, also does anyone know when they are likely to do this. Many thanks Lesley

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lesley

All the States have said that they hope to publish their SMPs on their State websites by no later than 1st July 2010. However they all stress that a lot could go wrong with Plan A because it is not controlled solely by the State involved.

Cheers

Gill

Guest bindog1uk

Many thanks Gill, so people like myself will need to keep a close eye the state that has sponsered us and not DIAC then. Do you then think if you have S.S. on the SOL and also on the SMP, do you then think these peeps will then move to cat2. I know nobody has definate answers and that DIAC are a law unto themselves, but your guidence has been pretty good so far, interested in your opion. Cheers Lesley

Guest sreeram

hai friends

pls give me some answers......is vocational teacher( non trades ) on the new sol.

hai friends

pls give me some answers......is vocational teacher( non trades ) on the new sol.

I am sorry matey, If I am not wrong vocational teacher( non trades ) are not on the new SOL I think which is very surprising. These people are very professionalsas one of my friend has this profession, to his luck he got the visa last month....

Guest sreeram

thanks mate for ur reply.......as per the JAMIE SMITH post regarding new sol vocational teacher non trades is on the list but vocational teacher (trades) is not in the list ....i paste the post dated 17-05-2010, 07:49 AM below...

This is not migration advice, just a rehash of DIAC's old and new SOLs.

These are the new occupations listed on the new SOL

• Primary health organisation manager
  • Special education teachers nec
  • Special needs teacher
  • Teacher of the hearing impaired
  • Teacher of the sight impaired

:biggrin:

These occupations are now delisted, but get some professional advice as some occupations might now be listed under another title/code. Some of the ones in red are curious omissions. Ones in blue were never in high numbers for demand I think.

And some others in green are perhaps just a matter of technology or systems making the job less critical or the (manufacturing) employers are now in China etc.

Teacher – Education Officer

Teacher – Primary School Teacher

Teacher – Vocational Education Teacher (Non-trades)

Teacher – Vocational Education Teacher (Trades)

Technical Sales Representatives (nec)

Technical Writer

Television Journalist

Textile, Clothing or Footwear Mechanic

Toolmaker

Toolmakers – Superv

Guest babboo
I think if you have already filed a valid application, you are safe.

Hi !!

I filed a valid application in August 2007 and I am not sure if I am safe...

Cheers

Archived