• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler
hey everyone

any ideas on when the new SOL might be out?

:jiggy:

Hiya

DIAC say that the new SOL will be published "during May 2010." Evidently they meant to say that it would not be published until the second half of May 2010 at the earliest.

Whether they will keep their promise to publish the thing in May 2010 at all remains to be seen at the moment. The Minister for Immi broke his own promise to publish it by no later than 30th April 2010. When the Minister shows no scruples and no conscience about breaking his own promises, he is hardly in a position to complain if his Department copy him by making and then breaking promises of their own.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Kiraloo

Hi all,

This is an interesting blog to read even though it has been around for a couple of months.

Ravi Lochan Singh has made some very interesting remarks and observations regarding the new SOL list.

Some provided info is old news but it's still worth reading.

AUSTRALIA loses its USP with changes to SOL/PR RULES & threaten downsizing of the Education Export Business

I especially noted the bit where Singh makes a reference (and points out similarities) to the current NZ SOL/CSL/MODL and how it apparently does not work very well in NZ.

I am not familiar with NZ immigration rules for PR etc., so cannot comment much on this topic but I'm sure someone else hopefully will.

Regards

Hi all,

This is an interesting blog to read even though it has been around for a couple of months.

Ravi Lochan Singh has made some very interesting remarks and observations regarding the new SOL list.

I strongly agree with his opinion on how they are dealing with onshore international students. As a recent grad I found it next to impossible to get a job. My inbox is full of rejected applications all because I am not "Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident". Fortunately I applied for my PR but given its non-SOL, I am looking for up to 2 years wait.

What on God's earth makes them think that an employer would hire a student, go through all the hassle of employer sponsorship and train him when he/she can simply spare all that effort and simply hire a local worker?

If they dont want to give students PR then dont! No point these ridiculous rules and send them on wild goose chase!

My heart goes out to all genuine students who want to stay in their field whose future plans are ruined by a bunch of opportunist students who take the easy and dodgy way to suit their needs.

Coming out today:

Skilled visa crackdown | The Daily Telegraph

In:doctors, nurses, engineers, scientists, teachers, vets, locksmiths, dentists, midwives, mechanics, bricklayers, carpenters, tilers, electricians and plumbers

Out: mathematicians, counsellors, historians, fashion designers, translators, park rangers, hotel managers, parole officers, interior decorators, piano tuners, buttermakers, massage therapists, tree surgeons and glass blowers

Occupations axed from the skilled migration scheme to be demand-driven | Herald Sun

In: plumber, electrician, bricklayer, locksmith, welder, motor mechanic, teacher, doctor, nurse, dentist, chemist, mining engineer, vet, architect and childcare manager.

Out: Cook, hairdresser, park ranger, butter maker, signwriter, piano tuner, interior decorator, greenkeeper, gunsmith, parole officer, real estate agent, fashion designer, hotel/motel manager, librarian, mathematician and massage therapist.

Hairdressers out as migrant skills list gets a trim | The Australian

Out: Butter makers, journalists, script editors, fashion designers, intelligence officers, cooks and hairdressers, pharmacists

cheers,

George Lombard

Not great news for us as I am a Hairdresser, but I hope it's good news for some of you!

If you read the facts on the immi website, it says the other options if your occupation is not on the new SOL list a State can sponsored you.

Guest Global Girl

Just tried the phone number dedicated to changes,

No ring tone just making strange noise engaged I guess.

Funny that.

yeah I have sponsorship, but if you also read what some of the agents have said... Hairdressers, cooks etc may be capped and killed.

So I'm guessing if that happened it would make no difference to having sponsorship, correct me if I am wrong.

Take it easy :biggrin: I don't think any agents have said that. None of the agents were informed by DIAC about the new SOL and also about the new rules. The information was obtained from the Media.

Guest ebstar

Hi, Is there any info on how this new list will be run?If your occupation is on the list,will the 175 come through quicker than the current estimated three years?

Take it easy :biggrin: I don't think any agents have said that. None of the agents were informed by DIAC about the new SOL and also about the new rules. The information was obtained from the Media.

I defo recall reading that somewhere on here, it wasn't fact based but it was said around the time the 2007 applicants were capped and killed.

Maybe everything is blurring into one :confused:

Archived