You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Waq

Validity of WA SS approval

I have a question, how long is the WA state sponsorship letter valid from the date of issue? Mine's dated Feb 2010. As I had already applied for the 175 (CSL), I wanted to wait for sometime to see if I can be lucky enough to get the "independent" PR.

So basically how long can I further delay sending in the Form 1100.

Thanks in anticipation for your "always" valued input.

Guest shaman

Its valid for 2 years, but you first have to accept the SS.

Thanks for your reply, what I meant was how long the approval letter was valid (I am yet to accept it).

Looking at your time line, thought should ask you if you got a 175 or 176 in the end.

I mean if you apply for 175 and then later to expedite it (i.e. to move 1 category up for 175 CSL applicants), you submit/accept state sponsorship, in the end, what are your chances to get 175 or once you send DIAC the SS, you will only get 176.

Guest Zamis

I got mine from ACT n it was valid for 3 months, meaning u have to lodge ur app before the end of 3 month. And once it is put in the system from

DIAC it doesn't matter how long DIAC takes. My application was with DIAC

for nearly 9-10 months!! I'm assuming it's the same for all states?!

Guest shaman
Looking at your time line, thought should ask you if you got a 175 or 176 in the end.

I mean if you apply for 175 and then later to expedite it (i.e. to move 1 category up for 175 CSL applicants), you submit/accept state sponsorship, in the end, what are your chances to get 175 or once you send DIAC the SS, you will only get 176.

I applied for 176 with WA SS but I got 175, so I am heading to VIC, I guess I got 175 because I had 135 points.

I applied for 176 with WA SS but I got 175, so I am heading to VIC, I guess I got 175 because I had 135 points.

I also have more than 120 points (fall in CSL therefore already applied for 175 since May 09), so even if I send DIAC the acceptance of WA SS, I will get 175?