Guest slinky

apply for permanent residence

Guest slinky

I have been here for 2 years with my children on a 457 visa and want to know can i now apply for child benefit and family tax benefit? or do i have to apply to become a permanent resident first then apply for them? i really would appreciate someone letting me know this as i haven't a clue what the rules are about this.

Hi to apply for benefit you would need to become a permanent resident first, your employer may be able to nominate you for this but i don't know the ins and outs of whats involved sorry.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest shall1508

hi!

Yes you have to be a permenant resident to get any benefits! We are coming over soon on a 457 visa and I think its crap that we cant get anything. What is my husband paying taxes for?? We also have to pay school fees in Sydney! Its not fair. If we are paying all the taxes and fees of a permenant residant we should get the same benefits. Rant over! Hope you are enjoying Australia tho! Still cant wait

hi!

Yes you have to be a permenant resident to get any benefits! We are coming over soon on a 457 visa and I think its crap that we cant get anything. What is my husband paying taxes for?? We also have to pay school fees in Sydney! Its not fair. If we are paying all the taxes and fees of a permenant residant we should get the same benefits. Rant over! Hope you are enjoying Australia tho! Still cant wait

OK. Deal. You get my family beneifits, I'll take your LAFHA. :wink: