Oh my goodness finally worked out how to do a thread

Guest Mike & Roberta

Guest Mike & Roberta

As you can guess I havn't done a thread before, and I am a new member so I hope I am doing this right!!!!

I wonder if I have done my application wrong and hoping for some advise. We have got our TRA and State Nomination, new passports and sent the visa app off on 4th June.

I am now worrying about our health checks and police checks. I thought we were to wait until the case officer tells us to get these done, but it looks like some of you guys have got the checks done before the visa have been acknowledged! Please help me, is this something I have misread, or a tip the forum has provided.

P.S. I love this site, the info is really great. ta to you all. Roberta:wacko:

Guest neil smith

Hi there, welcome to the place that will keep you sane through this long stressful process, congratulations on your first thread, Many people have their meds and police checks done before getting a case officer,to hurry things up, but we are not planning on moving over until June 2008 and as the meds and police checks are only valid for 12 months we are going to wait to hear from our case officer.

Hi mate and welcome - we're new to this too...

We're in the same boat as you guys - we sent off our visa app. off on 4th June and we've been told to sit tight until we're asked for the checks.

As I used to work in Germany (ex-Army), I've been told to get German police checks done too. I'm starting on this now as this was all in the past.

I guess it makes sense to have current police checks (ie UK ones) done when you're asked as then they're as up to date as the possibly can be...

:cute:cheers and good luck!

Guest Mike & Roberta

Thank you soooo much, this means i can stop surfing the DIMA website, worrying like mad and enjoy a good nights sleep!

I know our police checks are all good as we work in environments that we have CRBs done annually, and we did wonder if we could use 2006 CRB instead but I think you are right and we will wait a little longer as the granting of the visa seems to be in the hands of the gods!

We cant wait to get out there and would love to get this year, as soon as we posted the visa we are checking the email every day for some form of acknowledgement, some idea that there is movement with our visa and it has only been a week!

Have you guys got in demand occupations, or some other criteria for enhancment? If not what are the opportunies for your jobs like where you are planning on settling and where are you planning on settling?

Good luck to you too!

I Love this site.

Congratulations on your first thread - hope it's the first of many. Your PC's and medicals are only valid for 12 months and your visa is granted from whichever has the earliest date. This can be a problem if you front load as it can reduce the time you have to validate your visa.

Ali

Hiya welcome to poms as the others have said its personal preference whether you do meds and police checks early ,we waited until requested but was then held up waiting for the police checks ,if i could turn the clock back id have submitted them before requested ,meds were straight forward ,got an appoitment near on straight away and no hold ups with them,it was just the police checks ,,good luck with everything

Cal x

Guest Sexy Welsh Aussie Bird

Hi Herbster, just wanted to say that you are doing the right thing by applying for your police checks now. We lived in Tenerife for 8 years and had to get police checks from there, it took 3 months!!! I am sure that the Germans will be quicker than the Spanish tho!!!

Good Luck,

Sian

Guest Scarletfever
Hi Herbster, just wanted to say that you are doing the right thing by applying for your police checks now. We lived in Tenerife for 8 years and had to get police checks from there, it took 3 months!!! I am sure that the Germans will be quicker than the Spanish tho!!!

Good Luck,

Sian

I've spoken to a few Llanelli people who have, in the course of conversation when I said that I'd apply to go to Oz, said that they knew a Sian out in Oz....

Seems that your police record was something akin to 'War and Peace!!!' unless its a different Sian of course!:biglaugh:

Hi Dan, where u been, not spoke to you for ages!!!!!

Luv Sian xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Scarletfever
Hi Dan, where u been, not spoke to you for ages!!!!!

Luv Sian xxxxxxxxxxx

Since I heard about your crim record, I been keeping away! Its alright for you, you're already over there, I've still got my police checks to do, and if they find out that I'm associated with the demon aerial twister of South Wales, I may not get in!!!:biglaugh:

Dan

Guest Mike & Roberta

Thanks for the advice on the CRB & health checks.

Just wondering if anyone knows if you get some general help upon arrival to Oz via the WA government if you opt for a state nominated visa?

I have seen other states offer a meet and greet from the air port and will sort out some initial accomodation etc but not sure about WA?

Also, how does the visa work for a family if we choose to travel/move to oz at different times? We are thinking that one of us may go out first if the right opportunity arises and the remaining follow after? But not sure if this may raise questions or not?

Cheers Roberta

Hi Roberta, there is someone here in Rockingham that meets and greets, sorts out furnished accomodation, schools, cars etc for you, I know that the accomodation is not cheap tho! I will try and find out who it is and get back to you.

Sian xx

Guest Mike & Roberta

Hi Sian

That would be a great starting point for us, and could take away a little stress with the move, many thanks.

Roberta.

Guest Lynn72

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about the case officers? I know that might sound really stupid, but we've been using an agent and they have told us when to get police checks and medicals done. Everythings been sent off now, but we haven't got a c/o. Is this necessary? Been trying to get in touch with agent but figure she must be on holiday as getting no replies!

Any info about this and anything else will be greatly received!!!

Thanks guys

Lynn :goofy::goofy:

You'll get allocated a CO but if you're using an agent I guess they communitcate with them rather than you. I still remember our CO's name which is sad, but he gave us such good news when he sent us the visa letter..

Ali

• 4 years later...
Guest Longtime Lurker

You may have not noticed but this thread is five years old. Suggest starting a new one as the title of this probably will not get you the answer you need. Sorry I do not know!

Hi Lynn:

Been a few years now since we went thru' the process & every day waiting for Things to happen seemed to be counted by the minute! In other words, if your Agent is doing their job & you've provided everything as requested in a timely fashion then eventually (some months) - depending on your Visa, too I'd guess - you'll be appointed a Case Officer - not that you'll ever be formally introduced! Not like when I had to go up to the American Embassy after waiting 11-months+, then stand in line for hours before finally being personally interviewed & grilled by a bone fide US agent in the late afternoon... Now, that WAS a lifetime ago...

Any way, your wait too shall pass & probably by this time next year you'll be out here starting your new life & wondering just what all the fuss was about - you'll be so busy making things work the days will just fly by!!

All the best & remember there is some truth to the old adage: Patience is a virtue!!

Actually, also don't forget, this is a very GOOD TIME to do all those things you'll never have a chance to do once you are so far away; so if you've always wanted to see the Needles, or the White Cliffs of Dover, or Old Aunty Nell - then this is the perfect time to squeeze that in, cos once you are assigned a CO things can move very fast & you'll sudenly wonder how you are going to fit everything in! All the best! :)

Archived