House sale fall through day before exchange...gutted

Guest MozwillbinOz

Guest MozwillbinOz

I just need to rant for a bit, hope you dont mind.

We were due to exchange contracts tomorrow, but our buyers lender has now demanded another £50,000 deposit out of him, which he hasn't got. I understand they need to make sure their risk is small, but last week they asked for another £20,000 out of him, which he managed to raise.So our buyer has had to pull out and try to find another lender......in the normal scale of things this wouldnt be too bad, we would wait for him to sort it out, however our visa's say we have to arrive by 17 June, OMG thats 4 weeks. We cannot afford to come over and validate our visa's because I lost my job back in October and we haven,t a bean to our names.

Why are the banks doing this, messing with people's lives. They know the risk is small they have done their valuation and said the house is worth £75000 more than he is paying and he has 40% deposit.

I'm so upset, can't think clearly and to top it all, it's my birthday today.:cry:

Thanks for listening, a very upset

Tara

Other than Happy Birthday Tara! I can't think of what to say to make you feel better.

Our system is c**p and the bankers? Well I don't know of any really bad names to call them!!!

Try and have a good day, sure it will sort out in time.

Hugs from Pam

Guest juliemtaylor

sending you hugs, I can't offer any solutions, but wishing you some luck to get to Oz before visa runs out.

Julie xx

Guest GillianM

Oh im so sorry for you, u must be feeling gutted. But anyway wishing you a Happy Birthday xxxxx all the luck in the world for you xxxxxxx

Gillian

Guest MozwillbinOz

Thanks for the birthday wishes and kind words....

I'm sure it will sort itself out, but the shock this morning was a bit too much!!

I've stopped feeling sorry for myself and spoken the buyer,agent and solicitors, it could still happen in time if he can find a new mortgage lender. He is putting the application in tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Guest scally wag

What awful news for you! I really hope you get through it and all comes right again for you. Be strong and don't give up!

We are almost about to exchange contracts and I can hardly breathe when I think about what could go wrong.

Good luck and a very happy birthday, you need a glass or 6 tonight!

Caroline

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mtcosby

happy birthday sweetie .... now this could be a long shot but here goes....... do you have a credit card you can put the cost of the validation trip on.... then come back, sell house, pay off card then fly back to oz... now I know its all money but if ya dont validate ya visa by that date you will have o start all over again........ we had to do just that....... it will happen.... keep postive.... and as for the rant....... we all have had rants on here believe me.. ive had my fair share. xxxxx

Guest cosmicsis

hey yeah i agree, i wouldn't rely on them finding another mortgage or the lender actually doing it all in that time frame. You must have worked so hard to get your visa in the first place - beg and borrow to get the cash to get over and validate it. The system in the UK is crazy and at least then you will have it sorted for a few years. xx Hope you are having a few wines x

Archived