Guest 1ucasbe11a

Guest nixster

hi guys

Sponsership nomination approved 5/4/10

Application submitted 24/4/10

Further info requested 30/4/10

meds finalised 5/5/10

457 approved 8/6/10

Took just over 6 weeks!!!! Good luck to all!!!! were gonnahave a liquid celebration tonight then book flights!!!:biggrin:

Guest Paul and Sacha Latimer

Hi everyone like the threads, does any one know of any electrical engineering companies that may be offering a 457 visa on the off chance. I am getting desperate now 475 route taking too long. Please help me escape this mess we call england. Cheers :-{) does that smiley face look like it has a pringle man tash

It looks like you have front loaded everything, so docs and files need to be merged by the CO. give it 2 weeks. if nothing heard then email the CO and ask for an update

Help!

Going out of my mind waiting for an answer???:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Regards,

Mo

The 457 Story so Far...............................

15 Jan 2010 – Emailed my resume to Australian company (off the cuff!)

18 Jan 2010 – Got an email from the company expressing an interest (couldn’t believe my luck!)

15 Feb 2010 – Company confirm they would like sponsor me on a 457 visa (yippeeee!)

26 Feb 2010 – Contract of employment details agreed (it’s now feeling very real!)

12 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent appointed by the company to handle my application (oh yessshh!)

17 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent requests all documents, references, personnel details etc (Happy Paddy’s Day!)

25 Mar 2010 – All references, certs, family paperwork provided to the Agent.

26 Mar 2010 – Contract of employment received, signed and scanned back within an hour!

15 April 2010 – ACRO Police checks scanned and emailed to Agent.

16 April 2010 – All medical x-rays and physical checks couriered to DIAC Sydney.

21 April 2010 – All medicals now with DIAC

23 April 2010 – My application is lodged with DIAC by the Migration Agent (Now the wait?)

16 May 2010 – Agent requests Medical insurance letter and policy details from Employer.

17 May 2010 – Employer provides medical insurance details and covering letter (very impressed with my new employer, brilliant!)

25 May 2010 – CO appointed

26 May 2010 – Nomination approved (what does that mean?)

31 May 2010 – Nothing new to report!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hoping29
17/06/10 457 Visa lodged

Waiting for CO now. Advised process should take around 1 month.........

We lodged our 457 visa on March 9,2010, its been 3 months but still no current visa is the status of our application. Some are lucky they waited for just 1 month and they got approved as quickly as 1 month only maybe it depends in the case officer handling your case, gudluck....:smile:...

Guest errol flynn

We received our approval yesterday morning. Whole process from submitting our details, including a medical for the OH, took under 5 weeks. I hassled my migration officer daily after 3 weeks and she, apparently, managed to contact the senior case officer in DIAC and get our 457 application prioritised. How true this is I'm not sure but it was finalised, (approved), the day she suggested it would be.

HTH

Errol.

Guest sharpie76

Hi Guys we finally got the approval today 10 long weeks of waiting yay, hope to be out by the 16th July 10 cant wait, although the ~Uk weather is starting to get warm now.

Good luck to the rest of those that are still waiting.

Nicki :biggrin:

We received our approval yesterday morning. Whole process from submitting our details, including a medical for the OH, took under 5 weeks. I hassled my migration officer daily after 3 weeks and she, apparently, managed to contact the senior case officer in DIAC and get our 457 application prioritised. How true this is I'm not sure but it was finalised, (approved), the day she suggested it would be.

HTH

Errol.

Guest footopia
17/06/10 457 Visa lodged

Waiting for CO now. Advised process should take around 1 month.........

24/06/10 nomination approved & request for document!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ur20v

Ours was granted in 2 1/2 weeks but another 3 weeks before that to collect all the paperwork, x-rays, police reports etc. I can't believe how quick it is!!! We could have done it even quicker if we had been pushing more and keener with the paperwork... Oz here we come...

Jay

We had all the medicals and police reports done in advance (march)

Lodged the application last monday and was approved on Friday. I still don't believe it has been done that quickly - so we sent off the passports yesterday to get them physically stamped.

Hi guys,

Did anyone have good news these 2 days? It is so quiet, and hope the case officer will go back soon from their vacation. Visa comes in a mysterious way!!!!!:confused:

Regards,

Wei

Approved Jul 8 fianlly, Wish the best luck for the people still waiting.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest annabelle
Hi - Don't give up hope for the 29th. Our 457 visa application was submitted on 13/04/10 and the visa was granted on 16/04/10. I don't know why ours happened so quickly, the company obtained their sponsorship approval before the visa was submitted and the visa was handled by an agent appointed by the company. I know that all documentation was submitted with the visa including the health insurance certificate etc so it might have been this that helped speed up the process.

Good luck with your visa and fingers crossed for the 29th.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I saw you got your visa granted.congratulation. Now I was wondering is your employer paying you by the market salary rate?? or do you think they dont check? I am very confused. Thank you very much

Any idea why they wanted medical insurance I thought Auz had a reciprocal agreement with the UK?

Mid way through 2009 they changed parts of the 457. it was to include the visa holder to obtain health insurance cover in order for the visa to be granted. There are many companies that will do health insurance for temp visas prior to landing out here.

Theres nothing you can do to get around it. Same with the IELTS situation for some trades.

As for medicare, you are still entitled to it. You go to the medicare office a few weeks after landing and apply for reciprical healthcare card.

One thing to get is ambulance cover.....$150 for a family for the year

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I saw you got your visa granted.congratulation. Now I was wondering is your employer paying you by the market salary rate?? or do you think they dont check? I am very confused. Thank you very much

Im confused by your question? What market salary rate?

Ive alway been paid at a salary that has beaten my UK salary despite being at a lower grade. At the end of the day it depends on the job and employer. Never be afraid to negotiate your salary and terms of employment. Esp the annual leave!

Guest Pixie10

Hi congrats to all who have a visa!!

We're looking into sponsorship for my OH. He is in IT (MCSE, CCNA, AYAYA) just wondered it is just through hard work and luck ie. contacting loads of companies with cv that you were all sponsored or is there another way?

Someone has mentioned Catapult People a website where you pay for them to match skills to sponsored jobs- anyone used that?

We are really keen to be in Oz!! :biggrin:

Thanks

Guest annabelle
Im confused by your question? What market salary rate?

Ive alway been paid at a salary that has beaten my UK salary despite being at a lower grade. At the end of the day it depends on the job and employer. Never be afraid to negotiate your salary and terms of employment. Esp the annual leave!

Well today I called the immi and they said your employer has to pay you above $47780/year otherwise they can nominate you. But I work in a before and after school care where I can get a sponsorship but even full time I dont get to that amount.

Was it hard to get through all the papers??did you have to do the skills assesment?

I got my bachelor degree in America, so do you think I will still have to take the english test??

Thank you for your help.

Guest asereht01

To all people waiting for their 457 visa,

I just like to ask what is the usual process of interviewing the potential applicant? Did you only have phone interviews , and then , from that they will know if you are an eligible person for that vacant position?

Kindly share your experiences and how many times have you been interwed by the employer before they can have a decision to sponsor you via 457? Do they do character checking, etc?

I have been interviewed by three companies form OZ..Last year, I was advised by recruiting agencies that it is very unlikely that employers will get empoyees outside OZ due to economic downturn..but now it seems that they are again open to foreign employees to fill their vacant positions...fingers crossed :cute::cute:

Archived