457 - How long did it take YOU?

Guest 1ucasbe11a

Guest 1ucasbe11a

Dear All,

We applied for our 457 on 23rd March 2010. The employer already has approval to sponsor people as he is currently sponsoring one other at the moment. This meant, as I was lead to believe, that we only had to apply for Nomination and our Visa. We did all of this at the same time on 23rd March and our Online thingamabob was changed to Application Received. On 16th April the DIAC requested Medical Insurance from us and details from the employer such as example contracts from other workers and justification as to why hubby might be offered any different terms to people already working for the employer. We paid for the medical insurance and got the employer to send everything to the agent. All of this was sent to the DIAC on 29th April by our agent.

I suppose what I am getting at is asking you all how long the inevitable piece of string might be? I know that no-one can guess IF people might get visa's but I wonder if I can ask people how long THEIR 457 took (or is currently taking)?

My parents have a 20ft container going on 29th May and I would LOVE to be able to put stuff in it as they won't be using the whole thing, but don't hold out much hope to have heard by then. Or do you think we should tell the DIAC that this is the case and see if we might hear from them???

Ta!

G x x x

Guest sharpie76

Hi We are still waiting for our 457 Visa they were sent on 3rd April 10, we are still waiting for our visas, was told should hear something this week fingers crossed I think you are looking at approx 6 week turn around and our information was all put together with the migration agency. Good Luck

Nicki

Hi - Don't give up hope for the 29th. Our 457 visa application was submitted on 13/04/10 and the visa was granted on 16/04/10. I don't know why ours happened so quickly, the company obtained their sponsorship approval before the visa was submitted and the visa was handled by an agent appointed by the company. I know that all documentation was submitted with the visa including the health insurance certificate etc so it might have been this that helped speed up the process.

Good luck with your visa and fingers crossed for the 29th.

Guest Nicknak

Hi, my uk company are sponsoring me on a 457 and they submitted sponsorship paperwork early feb - Agents are having trouble getting the reference number from Sydney Business Centre (because co. is a uk based co.) and I have still not had this. My sponsorship paperwork and visa has already been submitted to the Agent and am just waiting for the business sponsorship to be agreed. Seems like I have been waiting for ever and still no further forward. The Agent was told that once the visa application has been received it should take 5 months - I do hope it is sooner than that! Good luck

Guest sharpie76

Hi yes it is boring and stressful, i have moved out of my house with my family and we are staying with friends all the furniture is in a container waiting to be shipped, i have good friends but it is not the same as being in your home, and still no news i hope we hear soon!!!

Good Luck everyone :)

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Boring and stressful, isn't it?

Guest shawgorbys
Hi yes it is boring and stressful, i have moved out of my house with my family and we are staying with friends all the furniture is in a container waiting to be shipped, i have good friends but it is not the same as being in your home, and still no news i hope we hear soon!!!

Good Luck everyone :)

Good luck guys my sisinlaw has just got her 457 and its only taken 6/8weeks from start to finish so come on you have done the good thing selling your house you will be going soon take care and good look down under :hug:Andrea&family

Guest Sheikh Murphy

Hi to all stressed 457'ers!

My agent submitted my application on Friday 30 April and was told 4 to 6 weeks from there?

The stress of waiting for approval is killing me...aargghhh????

Anyone heading to Perth, South of the Swan?

(subject to those wonderful people at DIAC who are now on my xmas list!!)

Guest 1ucasbe11a

AS far as I am aware you don't need a TRA/VETASSESS for the 457. We would have needed one for a PR visa but have not done one for the 457.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hoping29

Our 457 visa have been lodged on March 9,2010, it'z been 11 weeks, but still waiting for what!:mad::mad::mad:...

Guest itskaren
Dear All,

We applied for our 457 on 23rd March 2010. The employer already has approval to sponsor people as he is currently sponsoring one other at the moment. This meant, as I was lead to believe, that we only had to apply for Nomination and our Visa. We did all of this at the same time on 23rd March and our Online thingamabob was changed to Application Received. On 16th April the DIAC requested Medical Insurance from us and details from the employer such as example contracts from other workers and justification as to why hubby might be offered any different terms to people already working for the employer. We paid for the medical insurance and got the employer to send everything to the agent. All of this was sent to the DIAC on 29th April by our agent.

I suppose what I am getting at is asking you all how long the inevitable piece of string might be? I know that no-one can guess IF people might get visa's but I wonder if I can ask people how long THEIR 457 took (or is currently taking)?

My parents have a 20ft container going on 29th May and I would LOVE to be able to put stuff in it as they won't be using the whole thing, but don't hold out much hope to have heard by then. Or do you think we should tell the DIAC that this is the case and see if we might hear from them???

Ta!

G x x x

Mine took 6 weeks from start to finish.

Guest jisus27

Hi every one,

I was told by my employer it would take 1-4 weeks. I´m in the fith week and still nothing, my CO doesn´t even answer my emails.

My timeline

22.04.2010 Bussines nomination approved.

23.04.2010 Visa application lodged. Documentation uploaded.

05.05.2010 E-mail from the case officer acknowledging the application. Further documentation requested.

06.05.2010 Further documentation uploaded.

13.05.2010 Application status web page updated with message “application being processed further”

14.05.2010 Health insurance letter uploaded

14.05.2010 E-mail sent to the CO advising the letter has been uploaded and asking if a references letter is needed in my case. No answer.

20.05.2010 E-mail sent to the CO asking if there was any problem and explaining again what was told in the previous e-mail. No answer.

The lack of information is the worst part, I was thinking to phone my CO but I don´t know if will help.

Hello there, just wondering how you went about get your 457 visa??

Thanks doodles

Not sure what you mean - are you asking how people approached companys to secure a sponsored position or how did they apply for the visa?

I'm not sure how people find out which companies are offering jobs with 457 sponsorship but i'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to answer you.

Good luck! :wink:

Donna

Guest 1ucasbe11a
Hello there, just wondering how you went about get your 457 visa??

Thanks doodles

If you meant HOW did we apply for the visa... well, we contacted an agent and they helped.

If you meant HOW did I get dh a job.... well.....

I emailed close to 500 companies and in the end, was lucky and found one willing to sponsor dh. I got the companies details on the internet from trade directories/white pages/yell etc and set up an excel sheet, adding all the email addresses then sent one email to all asking if they had any jobs etc.

@hoping29 >>> you are not alone waiting...im from philippines too..check out our timeline below...:daydreaming::unsure::skeptical:

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary -

30/03/2010 Application received - processing commenced

30/03/2010 Application fee received

12/04/2010 Application being processed further

Person 1 Date of birth:

05/04/2010 Health requirements finalised

19/04/2010 Information received

05/04/2010 Further medical results received

Person 2 Date of birth:

05/04/2010 Health requirements finalised

And that is all...:heart_head_crying_t

Guest sharpie76

Hi Guys yes it is so frustrating we are in our 9th week if waiting for our visas and still waiting hopefully this week will bring some news. Im sure it will work out fine its just the waiting that is hard. Chin up everyone, im sure it will be worth the stress and anxiety in the end

Best of luck Nicki :biggrin:

@hoping29 >>> Its so frustrating to wait and check everday the status of my application...my husband and I are bound to Perth too...hoping it won't take another month to wait...:nah:

Guest Sheikh Murphy

Help!

Going out of my mind waiting for an answer???:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Regards,

Mo

The 457 Story so Far...............................

15 Jan 2010 – Emailed my resume to Australian company (off the cuff!)

18 Jan 2010 – Got an email from the company expressing an interest (couldn’t believe my luck!)

15 Feb 2010 – Company confirm they would like sponsor me on a 457 visa (yippeeee!)

26 Feb 2010 – Contract of employment details agreed (it’s now feeling very real!)

12 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent appointed by the company to handle my application (oh yessshh!)

17 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent requests all documents, references, personnel details etc (Happy Paddy’s Day!)

25 Mar 2010 – All references, certs, family paperwork provided to the Agent.

26 Mar 2010 – Contract of employment received, signed and scanned back within an hour!

15 April 2010 – ACRO Police checks scanned and emailed to Agent.

16 April 2010 – All medical x-rays and physical checks couriered to DIAC Sydney.

21 April 2010 – All medicals now with DIAC

23 April 2010 – My application is lodged with DIAC by the Migration Agent (Now the wait?)

16 May 2010 – Agent requests Medical insurance letter and policy details from Employer.

17 May 2010 – Employer provides medical insurance details and covering letter (very impressed with my new employer, brilliant!)

25 May 2010 – CO appointed

26 May 2010 – Nomination approved (what does that mean?)

31 May 2010 – Nothing new to report!

Guest sharpie76

Hi Mo

I think the nomination approved means your company has been approved to sponsor you and that your job vacancy is also approved meaning your qualifications are sufficiant for you to do the job. I have just been through this all last week, now you will have to wait for them to process your personal paperwork. ( please correct me if i am wrong )

Hope this helps

regards

Nicki

Help!

Going out of my mind waiting for an answer???:yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Regards,

Mo

The 457 Story so Far...............................

15 Jan 2010 – Emailed my resume to Australian company (off the cuff!)

18 Jan 2010 – Got an email from the company expressing an interest (couldn’t believe my luck!)

15 Feb 2010 – Company confirm they would like sponsor me on a 457 visa (yippeeee!)

26 Feb 2010 – Contract of employment details agreed (it’s now feeling very real!)

12 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent appointed by the company to handle my application (oh yessshh!)

17 Mar 2010 – Migration Agent requests all documents, references, personnel details etc (Happy Paddy’s Day!)

25 Mar 2010 – All references, certs, family paperwork provided to the Agent.

26 Mar 2010 – Contract of employment received, signed and scanned back within an hour!

15 April 2010 – ACRO Police checks scanned and emailed to Agent.

16 April 2010 – All medical x-rays and physical checks couriered to DIAC Sydney.

21 April 2010 – All medicals now with DIAC

23 April 2010 – My application is lodged with DIAC by the Migration Agent (Now the wait?)

16 May 2010 – Agent requests Medical insurance letter and policy details from Employer.

17 May 2010 – Employer provides medical insurance details and covering letter (very impressed with my new employer, brilliant!)

25 May 2010 – CO appointed

26 May 2010 – Nomination approved (what does that mean?)

31 May 2010 – Nothing new to report!

Guest Move2Oz

Isnt 457 a long term Business Visa? I believe it is valid for 4 years. What would be your next step to get your PR? (Sorry, new to the OZ PR).

Guest missvet

I've been waiting since 13th Jan! Sponsorship was only approved on 4th June... Hoping the rest of the process doesn't take so long!

Guest sharpie76

Blimey perhaps i should not complain we have been waiting since March 09

Hopefully we will hear soon

Good luck

Nicki

I've been waiting since 13th Jan! Sponsorship was only approved on 4th June... Hoping the rest of the process doesn't take so long!

Archived