Pros & Cons of my 457 visa application, advice please?

Guest Sheikh Murphy

Guest Sheikh Murphy

My 457 Employer sponsored visa application (Perth) was submitted to the DIAC by my migration agent end of April and I'm having sleepless nights waiting for a response!

I'd like to know in your (professional or experienced based) opinion the following;

1. My visa was changed by the employer from 3 years to 4 years, how much weight does this hold with my application?

2. My application is experienced based(18 years, with the job requirement 10 years, no quals, position on the ASCO list). No quals submitted, THIS WORRIES ME THE MOST, but not a requirement within the job position and my employer were more impressed with my length of experience, how much weight does this hold with my application?

4. Clean police check 'no trace', young family, British national, fit and healthy, how much weight does this hold?

5. Salary in excess of $100k, how much weight does this hold?

What do you think my chances are with DIAC giving approval on my visa??

After the last 48 political hours in the UK, GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shall1508

hi

Not an expert but I think that you might have to do a vetassess test to prove skills if no formal qualifications. the fact that you are being sponsored and have a job offer and the experience should count for something. The 457 is for up to 4 years and the fact your employer want to keep you should also help.

And what do you mean the state of the policital government in the UK?? We are as sturdy as a rock!(filled with jelly) LOL

Try living in Northern Ireland! Thats political chaos!

Hope that helps. Look up about that test. I may have spelt ir wrong!

My 457 Employer sponsored visa application (Perth) was submitted to the DIAC by my migration agent end of April and I'm having sleepless nights waiting for a response!

I'd like to know in your (professional or experienced based) opinion the following;

1. My visa was changed by the employer from 3 years to 4 years, how much weight does this hold with my application?

As long as the visa period was changed on the application it will be fine

2. My application is experienced based(18 years, with the job requirement 10 years, no quals, position on the ASCO list). No quals submitted, THIS WORRIES ME THE MOST, but not a requirement within the job position and my employer were more impressed with my length of experience, how much weight does this hold with my application?

It depends on what occupation was nominated. Some occupations require formal qualifications while other only require employment experience.

4. Clean police check 'no trace', young family, British national, fit and healthy, how much weight does this hold?

This is irrelevant as there is no requirement to provide a Police check for a 457 application unless you have a criminal history.

5. Salary in excess of $100k, how much weight does this hold?

As long as it meets market rate requirements for the position it will be fine.

What do you think my chances are with DIAC giving approval on my visa??

It all depends on what occupation was nominated and what documentation was provided with the application.

Archived