Is it still worth applying for state sponsership

mipi

Hi. We are just at the stage to apply for WA state sponsership. My partner's occupation is on the draft SOL but due to all these changes, is it worth waiting?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards, Michelle

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi mipi

For what it is worth, I suspect that all the States will refuse to accept new applications for State sponsorship for offshore GSM visas when the occupation is based on nominating an occupation on the present SOL

If I were one of the States, I would point out to Canberra that I have imposed a blanket ban which includes refusing applications from people in the medical profession, professional Engineers, professional IT people and all Accountants. In other words, I would extend the ban to cover every occupation on the current CSL.

I would tell Canberra to stick that in their pipe and smoke it because I reckon that if the State Governments are severely tough with Canberra about this, the States could use it as a lever to get Canberra to agree to almost anything going into the new State Migration Plans.

If the States threaten to abandon the whole idea of State sponsorship altogether, it will throw the Minister for Immi's plans into complete disarray. I'd use the opportunity to get seriously heavy and tough with the Minister for Immi if it were me.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Chewie4621

Thanks Gill - totally agree. Lets hope the states use thier power in this way to make sure they still get what they need (But hopefuly what we need too!!) :yes:

Archived