0-5km from CBD, dog-friendly, leafy, cafe suburbs in Melbourne?

Guest LuceBCN

Guest LuceBCN

Hi all,

We're moving to Melbourne at the end of 2010. I've found a lot of info on the different vibes of various inner-city suburbs but I haven't find much info about block-sizes.

We're a young couple and we like living in the inner city but we also have a rambunctious cocker spaniel who will need a yard.

We're not too fussed about budget.

Can anyone recommend suburbs close to the CBD, with a good selection of cafes, parks, shops, etc., with average block sizes around the 300-500m2 mark?

Thanks for your help!

Luce

Guest Toorak Trev

Make it 15km and you will get more selection 5km your limited no matter what budget.

Try Albert Park, Port Melbourne

South Yarra, Botanical Gardens, Fawkner Park

Parkville, Carlton,

I much prefer leafy streets of Armadale on 1200 sqm blocks than 150sqm of inner city

we have found the Prahran area excellent for the same reasons .., although not sure about the exact distance .... bout 5 stops on sandringham train line to CBD... hoping to be back there soon!!!!!

Finding pet friendly accommodation is the main thing, not a lot of it about and therefore that will be your priority in my opinion. Richmond is popular suburb, Elwood, St Kilda then you have the beach. Caulfield is further out but you can pick up the express trains there into the city.

Budget for a house near the city is probably a little low.

Ascot Vale, Kensington, Flemington may have rentals in your range and garden.

Archived