ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jerryb
If the visa app is lodged after the nomination has already bene approved, then is it still a 5-7 month wait?

hi lizzy im still waitin for my 121 nomination to b approved but its 5-7 mths for the nomination and visa together its a tough drawn out process best of luck guys

Guest PommyRach
hey pommy rach u got any feed back from DIAC u stil wait for nomination and visa? my 121 is lodged 4mths 12/4/10 do u know if d 121 takes longer than d 856 im at d end of my wits ATM cheers best of luck jerry b

26 weeks and still waiting . . .

Guest wazza37

There seems to be no activity these days - hope we have a huge influx of approvals soon - 11 weeks and still waiting

Guest jerryb
26 weeks and still waiting . . .

FCUK dats 6.5 mths have they given u anything dat it wil b granted within d 5-7 mth mark as they said standard processing time is 5-7 mth now. was urs lodged as a complete application? il keep my fingers and toes crossed for ya

Guest jerryb

hey fluffy u would b able to get a ETA visa u just apply for it on line and its valid for a yr multiple entries 3 mths at a time it costs round $40 dats d 1 i have to fly to and from oz to visit my Gfriend LTR

Guest jerryb

hybrid how u hangin n there? stil waitin? i was incontact wit my agent lst wk the nomination has not been approved yet my meds r a yr old since 2 wks ago il lodged a 175 feb 09 and transferred fees over to a 121 u lodged urs a wk after mine have they given u any details as to when its is gonna b finalized? cheers jerry b

Guest wazza37

I agree Richkoto - maybe all on hold until the end of elections - so frustrating. Quite funny how skilled visas too 2 months just 6 months ago

Who said ENS was priority?

Guest karinmccabe
Submitted: 25/04/2010

Visa: ENS 856 onshore

Nomination and application sent together: Yes

Medicals sent simultaneously: Yes - Well i thought so. Proof of full visa meds done and mines been accepted as fine but not the spouse and child ones. But case manager doesnt seem to know whats going on and theres been quite a few emails to tell her how to do her job (following advice from immi and sydney of course)

Police checks sent simultaneously: Yes

I love the way they take the money within minutes of recieving the app. But fail to let you know what they need if anything is missing!

Hi! We submitted our ENS on the 11th March 2010 with medicals & police clearances & tra etc - still not even a C/O assigned - we've been told by our immigration agent that +- 3 weeks ago, the DIAC in Sydney only started processing the January 2010 applications - so who knows when our application will be seen!:!:!:!:!:! It's sooooooooooo frustrating - i am glad i am a patient person - :arghh::SLEEP::goofy:

hey fluffy u would b able to get a ETA visa u just apply for it on line and its valid for a yr multiple entries 3 mths at a time it costs round $40 dats d 1 i have to fly to and from oz to visit my Gfriend LTR

Hello Jerryb, I couldnt get an ETA visa as I have been in Oz for 2 years now, Ive had to stay on a medical visa as ive been told I shouldnt fly until ive had the opperation a need. The medical visa allows me to currently stay in Oz until end of Dec, I just hope I get my Op before then and hope our visa is granted before then too.

Our 121 visa has been in for 14 weeks and the nomination was granted 3 months before we lodge the application.

Sometimes it makes you wonder if you knew the pain of applying for visas would you do it all again. Makes it hard that you never get real answers from immi.

:arghh::chatterbox:

Guest jerryb
Hello Jerryb, I couldnt get an ETA visa as I have been in Oz for 2 years now, Ive had to stay on a medical visa as ive been told I shouldnt fly until ive had the opperation a need. The medical visa allows me to currently stay in Oz until end of Dec, I just hope I get my Op before then and hope our visa is granted before then too.

Our 121 visa has been in for 14 weeks and the nomination was granted 3 months before we lodge the application.

Sometimes it makes you wonder if you knew the pain of applying for visas would you do it all again. Makes it hard that you never get real answers from immi.

:arghh::chatterbox:

hey fluffy yeah i know wat u talkin bout tryin to get a straight answer out of the is try to get blood from a stone! my nomination has not been looked at yet so fingers crossed for both of us we get it soon. u should hav ur 121 by october latest and then u can relax for xmas dinner n oz wit a carton of extra dry or worse case a gallon of goon.

Guest robbie70

Submitted: 10/03/2010

Visa: 856

Nomination and application sent together: Yes

Medicals sent simultaneously: Yes

Police checks sent simultaneously: Yes

Office: Parramatta

Apparently they have not even processed the employer nomination yet. GASP.

hey fluffy yeah i know wat u talkin bout tryin to get a straight answer out of the is try to get blood from a stone! my nomination has not been looked at yet so fingers crossed for both of us we get it soon. u should hav ur 121 by october latest and then u can relax for xmas dinner n oz wit a carton of extra dry or worse case a gallon of goon.

I really hope so, only been here for 2 years.

Mine hasnt been looked at as such had the nomination approved and had the email to say they have my application and that its one that could be approved, they have taken the money. They say 6 months for the nominationa and the application so really mine has been like 6 months already. Bum o well just have to wait some more, not like its anything new.

Good luck to you hope you get to be with your girlfriend soon.

Guest PommyRach

Email from the department director, after an escalation process I went through - most of it is the standard email we have all been getting but processing date might interest you:

In managing the current pipeline of cases, certain occupations such as

medical personnel nominated to work in rural Australia, are being

considered for priority processing. At this time, there are a number of

these cases that have been identified for priority allocation, and we are

working through the allocation of those cases.

As a result, allocation is no longer able to be determined strictly in

accordance with the date an application is received, and we are therefore

unable to provide clients with specific processing timeframes. The

changing priorities and allocation dates are why clients who email the

section mailbox for a processing update receive only the auto-generated

response. They also explain the differing processing timeframes provided

to clients calling the DIAC enquiry line.

The only processing information that is not affected by changes in

caseloads, priorities and allocation dates is the departments published

service standard for processing permanent residence applications. The

published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5 months (for clients

from ETA countries) and 7 months (for clients from non-ETA countries).

Timeframes for processing an application vary from one case to another,

depending on the individual circumstances of each applicant . The NSW PSE

team are committed to providing you with a decision on your clients

application within the published service standards, and over 80% of cases

are currently being serviced within this timeframe.

This week, we have begun allocating visa applications from the pipeline

that were lodged on the 21 January 2010.

I can confirm that you will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working

days of the application being allocated, with either an outcome for

decision-ready cases or a request for additional information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, I am unable to provide advice regarding

processing timeframes.

Guest gardenboy

Got my visa this morning. I have been dipping in and out of this forum for some time. The approval came out of the blue. I was expecting another 6 weeks to hear. It took 193 days in total. Applied january 29th, ENS approved 27th April and 121 approved 10th August. Now got to make frantic plans to sort flights/accommodation/dog..........

Thanks for the replies I've had to earlier questions, and I suppose the only thing to say is hang in there.

See you in Sydney!!!!

Guest guest17520
Got my visa this morning. I have been dipping in and out of this forum for some time. The approval came out of the blue. I was expecting another 6 weeks to hear. It took 193 days in total. Applied january 29th, ENS approved 27th April and 121 approved 10th August. Now got to make frantic plans to sort flights/accommodation/dog..........

Thanks for the replies I've had to earlier questions, and I suppose the only thing to say is hang in there.

See you in Sydney!!!!

Congratulations!

By your timeline looks like I have 2 months to go until I get my visa.

Guest Kate84
Hello,

I've merged everyones details from all the 121/856 threads into a spreadsheet for comparison:

http://www.sendica.com/visa/timelines.xlsx

I'll try and keep it up to date - pvt me with your details and I'll add or change.

HTH,

Mike

Visa Lodged: 01/07/2010 (through agent)

All forms/info sent together

Just waiting....

Hello,

I've merged everyones details from all the 121/856 threads into a spreadsheet for comparison:

http://www.sendica.com/visa/timelines.xlsx

I'll try and keep it up to date - pvt me with your details and I'll add or change.

HTH,

Mike

Date lodged: 25/06/2010

Centre: Paramatta

Documents: All lodged together (including Nomination)

Friends of mine received there 856 Visa today. They lodged the same day as me, but their's were processed in Melbourne! How I wish ours were processed in Melbourne!

Email from the department director, after an escalation process I went through - most of it is the standard email we have all been getting but processing date might interest you:

In managing the current pipeline of cases, certain occupations such as

medical personnel nominated to work in rural Australia, are being

considered for priority processing. At this time, there are a number of

these cases that have been identified for priority allocation, and we are

working through the allocation of those cases.

As a result, allocation is no longer able to be determined strictly in

accordance with the date an application is received, and we are therefore

unable to provide clients with specific processing timeframes. The

changing priorities and allocation dates are why clients who email the

section mailbox for a processing update receive only the auto-generated

response. They also explain the differing processing timeframes provided

to clients calling the DIAC enquiry line.

The only processing information that is not affected by changes in

caseloads, priorities and allocation dates is the departments published

service standard for processing permanent residence applications. The

published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5 months (for clients

from ETA countries) and 7 months (for clients from non-ETA countries).

Timeframes for processing an application vary from one case to another,

depending on the individual circumstances of each applicant . The NSW PSE

team are committed to providing you with a decision on your clients

application within the published service standards, and over 80% of cases

are currently being serviced within this timeframe.

This week, we have begun allocating visa applications from the pipeline

that were lodged on the 21 January 2010.

I can confirm that you will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working

days of the application being allocated, with either an outcome for

decision-ready cases or a request for additional information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, I am unable to provide advice regarding

processing timeframes.

Hi PommyRach,

What was the date of the letter to you?

Guest zzzsianzzz

Date lodged: 25/06/2010

Centre: Paramatta

Documents: All lodged together (including Nomination)

hi jaens,

just wondering did you use your old SOL to apply for this ENS as it seems like theres no more NEC out there in the new list..? are u using ANZSCO code? I thought that is what is required after post july lodgement?

Hi all,

just a general question, do you have to follow which schedule, is it schedule 4 or 3? as 4 seems to be for state/territory related and ENS?

Archived