ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Nomination was approved on the 27th April. Is there a number to call DIAC from outside of Oz, as the local number only works in-country. I have tried various ways, including calling and emailing the guy who approved the nomination. He sent an email and then had to retract his help, saying there was a huge backlog from January applicants.

I feel for you, my nomination was approved in Jan and then I sent my visa application in May have had the e mail to say they have the application but have heard nothing.

Its been 11 weeks for me and Im going crazy. Mine is at the Paramatta office.

Wish Id sent it somewhere else.

Good luck to us hey.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard from ratchet/theonetruechris that Melbourne is quick.

Apparently, Parramatta is different to all the other offices - the nomination and the application is done by different COs.

My nomination still hasn't been approved - my boss is on the case. Hoping he's going to have a shout down the phone!

I cant believe your still waiting for the nomination mine was done so quick and it was over the christmas holidays.

Good luck hope thats sorted soon, as im told thats the hardest part after that ive been told it wont be long but ive been waiting 11 weeks. feels like 11 months

Guest caznphil
I feel for you, my nomination was approved in Jan and then I sent my visa application in May have had the e mail to say they have the application but have heard nothing.

Its been 11 weeks for me and Im going crazy. Mine is at the Paramatta office.

Wish Id sent it somewhere else.

Good luck to us hey.

my nomination was approved early Jan and application early April... I havnt even received an email... Mines Perth so i really dont think it matters where you send it.

Im just hoping they stick to the five month timeline, that makes me Aug/Sep (my contract runs out in October!!)

.....and they still dont seem to be processing the offshore 121!!

oh well, shall sit and wait :(

my nomination was approved early Jan and application early April... I havnt even received an email... Mines Perth so i really dont think it matters where you send it.

Im just hoping they stick to the five month timeline, that makes me Aug/Sep (my contract runs out in October!!)

.....and they still dont seem to be processing the offshore 121!!

oh well, shall sit and wait :(

PANTS MINE IS 121.

My current visa ends in 4 weeks.

They better pull their finger out!

Other wise sunny UK here I come. lol

my current visa actually ends in 2 weeks crap! Im applying for a tourist visa to try and stay here until the visa is granted then just pop over to Nz as its on offshore 121.

Dont think I can take the stress of waiting much more, im losing sleep!

Been 11 weeks since our application was sent and we got the email the next day the nomination was approved before we sent our part of the application.

Might get the emloyer to send an e mail to find out some more info.

:arghh::wub::arghh:

Hello Ladies and gents.

Well it's interesting to read the difficulties, frustrations and successes people are having with there Perm residency applications.

We'll it seems those that are waiting are not alone, so i guess it helps to share circumstances which offers some support that your not alone, and it's not personal.

Well i've been on my 457 for 2 years, and my PR application and ENS went in on 9th July, medicals and police checks are to follow by my immigration consultant said to get my application in at the same time to get it in the cue.

So lets see how we go:

ENS - Submitted Paper - 9th July - Pending Approval

856 Application - Submitted Paper - 9th July - Pending Approval

Good luck everyone, and congrats to those who have had there's approved.

It does suck arse...

Don't let it get to you - tell yourself it will come through - it's just a matter of when.

Have you tried calling Parramatta asking for a CO to be assigned?

I called the general immi line as I dont have any other numbers they said, like with you that as its offshore not much they can really do, so fustrated!

Should be easy they have everything they need o well, try to think possitive if I have to go to the Uk I will see my family and friends.

Maybe the employer might have some luck. (I hope)

i know it's frustrating, but i guess we should be thankful that we have the opportunity to apply. My friend has to leave the country on the 16th August as he split with his partner here and was on her visa, he has no degree or career on the SOL list..

made me look at things differently.

I called the general immi line as I dont have any other numbers they said, like with you that as its offshore not much they can really do, so fustrated!

Should be easy they have everything they need o well, try to think possitive if I have to go to the Uk I will see my family and friends.

Maybe the employer might have some luck. (I hope)

i know it's frustrating, but i guess we should be thankful that we have the opportunity to apply. My friend has to leave the country on the 16th August as he split with his partner here and was on her visa, he has no degree or career on the SOL list..

made me look at things differently.

Yeah I guess, That is really bad I guess they werent on a perm visa? How long have they been here I thought if it was around 2 years you can apply for a perm res? As you classed as "settled" not sure if this still applies with all the recent changes.

ARRRHHHH!!!11

Do I wait another week? My current visa ends in 2weeks its a working holiday visa and my perm res visa is still waiting in the pile with so many others, we applied for an offshore visa so were hoping we would get the visa before mine ends but its only 2 weeks away. Do I wait another week to book my flight to the Uk, the visa application has been in for 12 weeks roughly and the nomination was approved before we sent in the visa app.

I just dont know if I should book a flight yet or not, I have rang up twice about getting a tourist visa one lady said its unlikely you will get it the other just said you need to show there is good reason for you 2 stay when you have been here a year already.

ARRRRHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I dont like the visa application thing- its hard work.

:sad:

Tell me about it, thats just what I thought too.

Guess I should of know with the luck ive had with visas.

No you cant do that I rang up they said you have to apply for a tourist visa which costs $250 she said chances are you wont get it as you have been here a year already, that I should of done all the tourist things I wanted to in that year.

Guess if I go to the Uk for a bit at least I can work.

My mum will be happy to see me. :cute:

Just spoke to immi again, she said once the nomination has been approved its taking about 6 months for the visa to be granted.

Going crazy means il be away from the othe half for a few months. Not a happy bunny.

And commence crying!!!

good thinking batman!

Going to see if I can find out from someone about doing either of them.

Ive been here 2 years on various visas, really thought once that visa was in that would be it and I wouldnt have to worry.

Thanks

no to a tourist visa, rubbish. they said I wouldnt be granted it due to me already being here for 1 year on a working holiday.

I cant get the 856 visa as my partner hasnt done the 1 year working with the company that is nominating him thats one of the stipulations for the 856, now I remember thats why we applied offshore!

So thats it for me im going back to the Uk in 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help though

He did his skills assesment about 3 months ago, he had to send in letters and his quals and refs certs and a letter about 20 pages explaining what he did his 1st 2 years of his work placement.

I didnt know you could do that so we might be able to change it to a onshore visa? My head hurts so much hee hee.

Yeah he can stay, we are both on working holiday visas but he came out a different time to me as I was finishing my degree he was on a 457 but made redundant, we were advised for me to come out on a whv and be added to his but when he was made redundant we couldnt do that luckly he found a new sponsor think we just did it a bit wrong again.

Guest jerryb

hey guys how ye all doing got any good newz wit d 856/121 iv mine lodged 112 days and still d nomination for the employer has not been approved they been fairly slack was talkin to my immi agent lst wk and they said its more like 7 mths now bit pissin off when the immi agents were gettin it ready for me they said it would take 3 mths to b processed until cash exchanged hands the tune changed. wats d time line from when nomination been approved and visa been granted gettin sick of waitin as i think all of ye r c ya

Guest Clare&Jon

Hi everyone,

We've just submitted our visa application.... here is our timeline so far:

Visa: 856

employers nomination sent: 22/4/10

nomination approved: 4/5/10

applied for vetassess: 18/5/10

vetassess approved: 22/7/10

visa application submitted (with medicals and police checks): 27/7/10

visa fee taken: 29/7/10

all this at the Melbourne office. they said that there is currently a 4 week wait for this visa class to be assigned a case officer.... now we just have to wait!

Guest jerryb

hey guys

121 visa lodged 12/4/10

full application lodged ie meds, police checks

nomination not approved yet

co assigned NO

anyone got theirs approved

cheers

Guest jerryb

hey pommy rach u got any feed back from DIAC u stil wait for nomination and visa? my 121 is lodged 4mths 12/4/10 do u know if d 121 takes longer than d 856 im at d end of my wits ATM cheers best of luck jerry b

Guest jerryb

clare/jon yeah i heard the melbourne office is processing n 4 wks time line dats fairly good keep us updated best of luck g

Archived