ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Hello this is my first post. My ma lodged my application via courier to the melbourne office on Monday . My application was decision ready -medicals and police check included. I'm from a low risk country. I received receipt /acknowledgement today now I have to just wait.hopefully my ma will make contact if I don't hear from a co within 10 business days. Whats the current waiting period in Melbourne

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest taylorvillas

Hi Lilimary,

Thanks for your reply, I have finally received confirmation that my application was received on the 30th, DIAC have said that it will be allocated to a case officer rightaway, although they did say that due to Christmas holidays there had been no undue delay.

So now the real waiting begins.

And yes you are so right regarding how lucky we are, I think as I have wanted this for over 10 years with family etc meaning it was not possible to come for good until now, that makes my impatience more unbearable, but patience is key as they say so I will keep trying.

Hi there, i was reading through this post for a timescale for Melbourne DIAC for a 856 application.

My husband is here on a 457 visa as a carpenter since May 2009. I have done the paperwork for our 856 visa for him, myself and our two kids.. (ALOT of work in it but if i can do it any one can! ) Anyways, we lodged the application on the 20th Dec 2012 (was received that day) Got an email (19/01/2012) confirming that the application had been received but not with a case worker yet ... So we are just waiting...... Anyone else in a similar situation with an idea of how long their application took?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Hi there, i was reading through this post for a timescale for Melbourne DIAC for a 856 application.

My husband is here on a 457 visa as a carpenter since May 2009. I have done the paperwork for our 856 visa for him, myself and our two kids.. (ALOT of work in it but if i can do it any one can! ) Anyways, we lodged the application on the 20th Dec 2012 (was received that day) Got an email (19/01/2012) confirming that the application had been received but not with a case worker yet ... So we are just waiting...... Anyone else in a similar situation with an idea of how long their application took?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

I forgot to add that the nomination and application were all lodged together along with medicals and police checks etc !

Guest lilimary

Jackiedoherty and Rkeanu, you should have a look at the below document and add your timeline to it too.

It will give you a fair idea of the current timeline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

Without an agent, I think the 5-7 months timeline is the average. With a (good) agent, it is between 1 week to 1 or 2 months.

Guest mikewheble

Hi all, my nomination is no over 7 months and not heard a thing. I am from the UK and so low risk. The question is, has anyone else been in the same situation and emailed/called DIAC and then been assigned a CO?

Sorry, another question, is the seven months from nomination or application? My application went in two weeks after nomination.

Thanks all

Mike

Guest lilimary
Hi all, my nomination is no over 7 months and not heard a thing. I am from the UK and so low risk. The question is, has anyone else been in the same situation and emailed/called DIAC and then been assigned a CO?

I would send an email to DIAC to follow it up. Or even call... You are well over their timelines so they should try and help you out.

From what I have witnessed with friends, I think the 7 months start clocking from the day you submit the nomination.

Jackiedoherty and Rkeanu, you should have a look at the below document and add your timeline to it too.

It will give you a fair idea of the current timeline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

Without an agent, I think the 5-7 months timeline is the average. With a (good) agent, it is between 1 week to 1 or 2 months.

How frustrating, I can't see my details on the spreadsheet anymore, nor anyone else who is in doing the process in two parts, nomination then visa! Is this information still on there to help those of us in this situation?

The agent must be able to give your application (both parts) decision ready certification (DRC) for a 1 week to 2 month decision, otherwise you'll be in the queue, 5-7 months. That's my understanding, anyway.

Guest mikewheble
I would send an email to DIAC to follow it up. Or even call... You are well over their timelines so they should try and help you out.

From what I have witnessed with friends, I think the 7 months start clocking from the day you submit the nomination.

Lilimary, thanks ever so much for this, it is I suspected. The problem is, when you've been hanging on for so long, you don't want to disrupt anything at this late stage. I will give them a call later today and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Mike

Guest smwarlock20
Lilimary, thanks ever so much for this, it is I suspected. The problem is, when you've been hanging on for so long, you don't want to disrupt anything at this late stage. I will give them a call later today and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Mike

Good luck.looking forward to hear positive news.after feb 10 i will not wait a bit n chase immi.cause it would have completed 5 months by then.

Guest lilimary

Genghis, your timeline is in the spreadsheet twice... The filter was turned on that is why you could not see your timeline. But it is in there. Twice now! ;)

PS : Just fixed it for you.

Hi All..Finally my day has arrived and I got the happy news from my agent saying that our PR has been granted.. Thank You so much for all your support.. :)

Sorry I am unable to update spreadhseet in office. It is not allowing me to update I will update once I reach home.

Wish you all the best for you all who are waiting for your PR... :)

Just got off the phone from my agents my nomination has been approved now I must leave Australia as i applied for a 121 offshore visa so can only be granted once Im outside Oz... Im here jumping around the house wit excitement.. not even the floods outside will dampen my spirits now.

Guest taylorvillas

Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone lodging a DRC application, does your acknowledgement letter state its DRC - mine says valid application however does not seem to make any other reference?

Many Thanks

Tracy

Well done! id say popping in to the brisbane office helped! Taylor Villas I received a confirmation letter from Melbourne and it did not mention that my application was decision ready either.

Guest lilimary

Saray, congrats on your PR!!! Such an exciting news!! I know the feeling :)

CJ25, how long will it take for you to get PR once you are out of the country?

Tracy, my application was DRC and the acknowledgement letter received by my agent did not state anything about DRC.

Guest romysydney

Hi All,

I have spent 3 years on 457 Visa, And now Applied for 856 in last August 2011.

Wants to know does Partner required IELTS or NOT..

My self done IELTS. bit confused about secondry person..

please reply..

Hi All,

please reply..

Hi Romy..If your wife has graduate degree with min of 3 years full time with English as primary language that should be sufficient. My wife has submitted study certificate from her uni. We havn't had any problems with that. Hope this helps.

All the best.

Saray, congrats on your PR!!! Such an exciting news!! I know the feeling :)

Thank you so much lilimary. It is really wonderful feeling.. :) Once again thank you so much for all your suggestions...

Keep continuing the great work in this forum.. :)

Guest smwarlock20
Hi All..Finally my day has arrived and I got the happy news from my agent saying that our PR has been granted.. Thank You so much for all your support.. :)

Sorry I am unable to update spreadhseet in office. It is not allowing me to update I will update once I reach home.

Wish you all the best for you all who are waiting for your PR... :)

That is wonderful news Saray.hearty congratulations

What a hectic few hours got a phone call from my MA at 10.00 saying my nomination was approved and I should be making arrangements to leave the country then half hour later she calls back and tell me the residency was approved as soon as i leave the country it will be activated. Finally after nearly 8 months Il be a permanent resident. Absolutely over the moon thanks so much for all your help and support and I wish every last one of ye the best of luck with your applications. Words cant even begin to describe how happy im feeling right now

Guest lilimary
Hi All,

please reply..

My husband had to submit his IELTS results as well (with 4.5 as a minimum grade). But we are from a non-english speaking country.

Archived