ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

We have seen some guys getting their 121/856 within weeks lately, so there is hope :)

Those visas are now in priority 2, they used to be priority 1.

I still believe 5-7 months is a fairly quick turn around when you look at all the different visas out there.

The ones who got the visa within weeks, do you think they were all decision ready applications? ie done through an agent.

Thanks

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lilimary

Yes most definitely...

I used an agent and did it DRC. I had a CO allocated in 2 months, he approved the nomination and would have approved the visa if I had not asked for it to be put on hold.

So it does look like having an agent and doing it DRC speed things up, but it comes at a price!!! :-(

Guest guest55801

From what I can see from the trends on this thread, when an application is DRC, the nomination takes around 6 weeks and the visa then takes a further two weeks, would this be correct?

Guest lilimary

Ah thanks Doing_A_Geographical!! No, I don't have the visa quite yet as my circumstances have changed (I got married after I lodged my application). So the CO is asking for tons of evidence that my marriage is genuine etc...

But I guess it should not take too long for the visa to be granted as soon as we provide the CO with the evidence... Hopefully my application has not gone back to the start of the queue. ;)

Ruth23, yes, I would say that's a good average. Although usually DRC applications are approved at once (nomination + visa at the same time)

PR 856 visa finally granted!!

Sam Eddie & 2 daughters, On a 457 since Mar 2009 - Husband in Construction - Applied for 856 - Nom & App (DRC - with migration agent)

submitted 13/05 (Parramatta)

Acknowledged 23/5

Case officer allocated 19/12 -

856 granted 10th January - nearly 8 months to happen, mainly because agent forgot to include Police Checks with application. Good luck to everyone else waiting- hope you have a better turnaround!!

Guest lilimary

Congrats Sam!!! Now it's time to celebrate!!! :)

(btw stupid migration agent!!! can't believe he forgot!!)

Anyway, happy times ahead!!

Guest guest55801

Well done , Thats crazy your agent forgot that had you included it, makes me think I should meet my agent and see my application before its lodged so I can double check everything is included?

Hi All,

What happends when CO goes on leave?Do they assign to different CO? My application has been assigned to CO few days back. When I am trying to reach the CO on his number it is directly going to voice mail saying that person at the extension is not available.. :( My application is DRC lodged @Parramatta.. :(

Guest lilimary

Yes Saray, I assume they allocate applications to other COs. What else could they do anyway? :-)

What's your timeline? Being a DRC, I am sure it will move fast.

Guest mrlouis

Sorry to post again, I'm sure someone should have the answer?

Cheers

We've already lodge last August the nomination for an ENS 856 (not DRC),

and I was planning on lodging my application after the nomination approval.

But I can't imagine anymore that I will have to wait another 5-7 months to get an answer on my application.

I've heard that I could sneak in my application to the Case Officer – once I'll get one. Is that true?

hi mrlouis

I took me 4 month to get my nomination approval. I heard it's ok to lodge the application with the ACK letter, so the case officer knows your nomination is in progress. You'd better consult a migration agent.

Guest lilimary

Never heard of such a "by pass". All I know is that you should lodge with a copy of the approval letter attached.

Good luck!!

Thank you for your prompt response. My MA lodged application on Dec 1st and received acknowledgment on 8th Dec 2011. I came to know that CO has been assigned on 12th Dec 2011.

Usually how many days does it take once CO is assigned?

Thanks in advance.

Yes Saray, I assume they allocate applications to other COs. What else could they do anyway? :-)

What's your timeline? Being a DRC, I am sure it will move fast.

Thank you for your prompt response. My MA lodged application on Dec 1st and received acknowledgment on 8th Dec 2011. I came to know that CO has been assigned on 12th Dec 2011.

Usually how many days does it take once CO is assigned?

Thanks in advance.

Guest lilimary

Saray, what do you mean by you came to know that CO has been assigned on 12th Dec 2011? How did you know about it?

For a DRC application, a CO should be able to approve straight away when looking at the application OR requesting for more documentation...

Maybe your application has been assigned to a CO but he hasn't got around to look at it yet.

It's still early days so don't worry :)

Saray, what do you mean by you came to know that CO has been assigned on 12th Dec 2011? How did you know about it?

For a DRC application, a CO should be able to approve straight away when looking at the application OR requesting for more documentation...

Maybe your application has been assigned to a CO but he hasn't got around to look at it yet.

It's still early days so don't worry :)

I have sent an email to the which was given in the acknowledgement and got following response.

Please be advised that your application is currently being processed by PSE case officer Mr. XXXXX(I don't know if its right to mention CO name or not hence named XXXXX), who will contact you in due course if further information is required.

The service standards for processing ENS/ RSMS visas are:

5 months for ETA eligible passport holders; and

7 months for non-ETA eligible passport holders.

However, in practice, the processing officer will seek to finalise the application as soon as practical. Lodging complete applications will enable more prompt finalisation of assessment and decision.

Guest lilimary

It's a good sign :)

Maybe ask your RMA about timeframe? Given how quick it's been moving on the forum, and if your application is truly complete, I'd say you are looking at max 4wks wait...

But it's really just a guess! It might take up to 7 months so who knows :-(

It's a good sign :)

Maybe ask your RMA about timeframe? Given how quick it's been moving on the forum, and if your application is truly complete, I'd say you are looking at max 4wks wait...

But it's really just a guess! It might take up to 7 months so who knows :-(

My RMA is asking me to wait that's it.. Actually i don't have any problem to wait but my wife has to travel overseas early next month..Hoping that I will receive good news by then or else we should cancel the trip.. :(

Guest lilimary

Why should you cancel the trip? You can travel overseas while your 856 is being processed, you just need to inform your RMA who in turn will inform DIAC.

Why should you cancel the trip? You can travel overseas while your 856 is being processed, you just need to inform your RMA who in turn will inform DIAC.

But my RMA was telling me that there are chances of moving the application to non DRC and it may take more time..

Guest proudbrown
Hi Mick,

I'm very well thank you ... even through the worrying and waiting! I haven't got a TRN as yet - I emailed my MA on Friday and she replied and said she has not had a confirmation from the centre that they have received my application yet.

I am an Office Manager - I have been on this visa journey for 5 years now from doing the qual's ... paperwork ... experience etc ... dedication! :biggrin: I came on a WHV too .... What part of Oz do you live in? I have my brother and sister here and my parents are following on this year hopefully .... their app's are being processed now ... so I am the last one to get in .... fingers crossed for us both ... here is to lots of positive thinking :wink:

Cheers

Jemma

hey Jemma,

The worry keeps killing me!! I am at Brisbane!! whereabouts are ya located?!?

BTW, did you recevie any acknowledgement yet? I was on the verge of contacting the department myself but held myself back!

They clearly state that it takes 10 business days to get a CO allocated, but nothing at all yet! I wonder what they do and why the timelines are so inconsistent!

Anyway, good luck! Keep in touch!

Mick

Archived