ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

I need information that which visa 121,856 or 457 needs secondry applicant english language requirement for functional english.As my hubby is a doctor he must have band 7 in each module of IELTS but wht. abt. me (his wife)also has to do IELTS and what score?is IELTS necessary for spouse and what band?

If we go on 457 does this visa also needs spouse IELTS?and if we go on 457 then after going there I want to shift my visa into 856 visa then for this visa still I hav to do IELTS for functional English there?

Confusing rule...........pls. guide someone......

hi brill

this might help u

if you hubby applying for 457 visa you dont need any IELTS

but if you applying for permanent visa 121/856 you need 4.5 bands average of four modules( not each)

and if he apply for 457 visa and when u eligible for 121/856 in future (which is 2years) u still need IELTS by that time

or there is way if you dont wanna do IELTS which u will not like, pay higher fees which is $4300

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...equirement.htm

go on this link if you need more information about what is functional english is

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi! did you email DIAC yourself to find out if CO has been allocated or did your RMA email on your behalf? Can you give me the email add of DIAC because I'd like to know also. Thanks.

Hi. I have sent an email to DIAC. My agent has lodged the application in sydney. Here is the email ID of Peramatta centre of excellence.

nse.pse@immi.gov.au

Hope this helps.

Cheers

@ Doing a Geographical,

My company sent nomination in Aug 23rd and we're still waiting on that now. Have not put my visa application in yet (856). Looking at the forms and so on I was under the impression that the nomination and visa have to be lodged together or the nomination has to be approved before the visa can be lodged if lodging separately. But reading on this thread it seems a fair few have lodged nomination separately and then visa application after without the nomination approval.

In my opinion it seems you're best off lodging both at the same time through a migration agent who can certify it decision ready (DRC) as this seems to save months ( if you can afford the $$$$!!). If that can't be done I think lodge nomination and visa application together. Just my opinion.

I thought just getting the company nomination approved would take a month or two, but has taken since August now and the visa application could take months too. If only I knew then what I do now...:-)

Can somebody tell me, is it really that much faster to send the nomination and visa application together?

My nomination is nearly ready to go but I might be waiting for 2 or 3 months for TRA. Should I send the nomination now?

Your opinions would be appreciated, thanks

@ Brill, yes Vikas is right, 4.5 Ielts avg for functional English for a dependent.

@ Doing a Geographical,

My company sent nomination in Aug 23rd and we're still waiting on that now. Have not put my visa application in yet (856). Looking at the forms and so on I was under the impression that the nomination and visa have to be lodged together or the nomination has to be approved before the visa can be lodged if lodging separately. But reading on this thread it seems a fair few have lodged nomination separately and then visa application after without the nomination approval.

In my opinion it seems you're best off lodging both at the same time through a migration agent who can certify it decision ready (DRC) as this seems to save months ( if you can afford the $$$$!!). If that can't be done I think lodge nomination and visa application together. Just my opinion.

I thought just getting the company nomination approved would take a month or two, but has taken since August now and the visa application could take months too. If only I knew then what I do now...:-)

@ Brill, yes Vikas is right, 4.5 Ielts avg for functional English for a dependent.

My mums nomination took 5 months at parra -then she submitted the application after and it too just 4 weeks for the applicaton to be approved by DRC through an agent

We have submit our nomination and application together and its 7 months friday - We have a case officer but still awaiting contact from them. Ours wasnt a DRC - to be honest with the amount of applications they have its hard to see a sequence with the apps. Everyone is different and has different circumstances too.

I just hope we all have good news to post soon, whether that be a nomination approval or application too.

Lets hope 2012 brings us all good news. :)

@ Roberts13,

Indeed, good luck to all!

Looking at the spreadsheet, we'll just have to be patient, as Tolstoy said:

[h=1]“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.”[/h]

But, you're surely due a decision soon...

Looking at the spreadsheet (for anyone who hasn't book marked it yet)...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

[h=1][/h]

Hi,:confused:

Finally i am ready to lodge my documents ENS-856.

I have a little doubt and so glad if any one can help me out with the following.

I am going to submit my documents as Non-DRC with out the help of any RMA.

How can i provide evidence on following?

"Evidence of having worked full-time in Australia for at least 2 years in the nominated occupation, PLUS Evidence of having worked for the nominating employer for at least 12 months immediately prior to visa application"

Do I have to provide them all 2 years salary slips? or is it enough to get a letter from my company?

What else the should i submit? I already got a copy of Nomination Approval Letter too.

Thanks

Samee

Hi,:confused:

Finally i am ready to lodge my documents ENS-856.

I have a little doubt and so glad if any one can help me out with the following.

I am going to submit my documents as Non-DRC with out the help of any RMA.

How can i provide evidence on following?

"Evidence of having worked full-time in Australia for at least 2 years in the nominated occupation, PLUS Evidence of having worked for the nominating employer for at least 12 months immediately prior to visa application"

Do I have to provide them all 2 years salary slips? or is it enough to get a letter from my company?

What else the should i submit? I already got a copy of Nomination Approval Letter too.

Thanks

Samee

We are on a 457 so we obtained a reference form teh employer confirming dates worked for them.

:) Good luck - we did ours without an agent so fire any questions to me if you like on a PM and i will see if i can help.

@ Doing a Geographical,

Thanks for the reply. I would love to lodge them both together, but I only sent my TRA skills assessment a few weeks ago and theres huge backlogs (aparantly 3 months plus). So I just want to get the nomination in the pipeline. Permanent visa applications are so complicated that I'm starting to wish I'd used an agent from day 1. But I feel I've put way too much time into this to then go and pay for an agents fees.

@doing a geo

I agree, the agents fees look expensive, especially when the information is all there on the immi site and sites like PIO. Probably only worth it if your case is complicated, you struggle with English or are in a rush for DRC. I'd rather use the money to celebrate when that residents visa gets stamped inside the passport!

Sam - On a 457 since Mar 2009 - Husband in Construction - Applied for 856 - Nom & App ( DRC) submitted 18/05 (Parramatta) Acknowledged 23/5 Case officer allocated 19/12 ...Have finally got a case officer appointed now, fingers crossed!

Great news about case officer - We too had news we have case officer on 15th - similar timeline besides ours is non DRC.

I'm feeling a little deflated over it all if i'm honest. I think now the christmas holiday period is drawing in I know if we dont hear Thursday or Friday that its going to be january and that will be the possibiity of us having to re submitt PCC's and Medicals as we had it all last december in the hope to submit january but it was delayed until may. It more expense(family of 6) and delays it further. :( Fingers crossed for us all that good news comes soon.

Sam - On a 457 since Mar 2009 - Husband in Construction - Applied for 856 - Nom & App ( DRC) submitted 18/05 (Parramatta) Acknowledged 23/5 Case officer allocated 19/12 ...Have finally got a case officer appointed now, fingers crossed!

Hi smmymac, jut want to clarify. Is your application DRC or non-DRC? because you wrote DRC but it took 7 months to be allocated to a CO? isn't that too long for a DRC application?

Guest lilimary

So thrilled!!!! Nomination was approved yesterday! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Visa would have been approved straight away too, but I am getting married beginning of Jan so DIAC is very very very generously giving us 28 extra days to provide the documentation to add my future husband to the application!!! Wooooohooo

I LOVE DIAC!!!! :biggrin:

Got our pre-grant letter this morning. Looks like a small trip to New Zealand is on the cards for Jan 1

:biggrin:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh happy for u

best christmas present

when you have to leave Australia with the pre-grant, do you actually have to go to the Australian High Commission or is it enough that you leave and then come back again a couple of days later?

hi white

u dont hav to go to Australian High Commission but do one thing go to airport one day bfore you fly, just to confirm that NZ immigration wil not stop you

(can u fly to NZ without visa?) if yes then everything is fine.u can come back any time after DIAC grant u visa

Archived