New skills list to be announced in may 2010

Guest Birdiesinoz

Guest Birdiesinoz

Just out

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Update on announcement of New Skilled Occupations List

The Government is considering the report from Skills Australia containing their Skilled Occupation List. An announcement and publication of the new Skilled Occupation List for Migration purposes will be made in May.

Kind regards

Cheryl

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't be so sure ... the Federal Government is delaying a number of issues at the moment.

Early election anyone ...?

Best regards.

Yes matey ,

Ur 100% true. This is what a true politician is made up of. When they will be smelling elections they do not give 100 % to the policies. Left it to the new Govt.

Guest Caitmelbourne

What are the chances they could bring forward the effective date for new SOL, like immediately or end of May?

That would dash all my hopes of PR

Guest Caitmelbourne

Fat chance, still waiting on IELTS & Skills Assessment, what a waste of money that could be:frown:

Guest proud2beaussie

Also guys/gals remember that the Commonwealth Budget for 2010/2011 will be announced in Canberra on Tuesday May 11 so that may also have something to do with it.

Guest proud2beaussie
I don't know if immigrants' concerns are their utmost priority

Unfortunately I can tell you that they definetly are not their priority-simply because there are no votes in it for them-sorry.

Guest proud2beaussie

Please don't be upset by my comments mlsdq,I can understand very much how you feel with this delay to your plans,I was only saying that sadly the government does not view visa applicants as potential voters and therefore don't see them as a priority.

I wish you good wishes for your future.

I am not annoyed that the delay has been implemented. I would rather them take the time to get it right than have constant changes later. My problem is that they waited until the day of the expected release to inform us of the delay.

Very poor customer service in my opinion from an organisation where the bottom line is that we are/will be paying for the service they provide.

Bottom line is that the longer they take to release I expect the later the implementation date which means that all those on the current SOL waiting for State Sponsorship etc have more time to get their applications in before they are susceptible to a new list where their occupation may not exist.

I actually see this as fairly good news in that respect as long as the above assumption holds true.

Cheers

Si

Guest jason brickie

Hi there everyone this news this morning has been another set back for us again our visa has been in 12 months and my agent has not returned any e mails to me having been sponsored by sa last may [bricklayer]work waiting dont know what to do for the best very disappointed just feel like shutting this whole process down and getting on with our lives my three daughters 13,9,7,could run this process better ime sure p##### off sorry jason.

Guest jilkfree1978

we are all playing an expensive lottery to live in australia!! thats all it is!!

we have given up I check on here daily just to see whats going on with diac,you never know we may win 1 day!! but I wouldnt keep my hopes up!!:SLEEP:

Guest GemandJay

Hi Peeps

I think the main reason for me that I'm so upset is that they leave it until today to announce that the new list will now not be out until May. Our lives are stuck in Limbo we can't do or plan anything until we know if our job is or isn't on the list.

I know we are not a priority and are un important in the scheme of things but they should never have said that the new list will be published on 30th April!

Come end of May will they announce June and so on and so on and so on.

Just wanna scream!!!!!!

:arghh::cry::arghh:

Archived