Joinery Vetasses Test

Guest eddymunki

Guest eddymunki

Hi

Has anyone got any tips for joinery vetasses test ?

Ive got my test on the 14th May at Accrington, Ive been a carpenter/joiner about 11 years. City and Guilds qualified. Shi***g myself about the test. Any advise would be great thanks.:biggrin:

Hi

Ive got my test on the 14th May at Accrington, Ive been a carpenter/joiner about 11 years. City and Guilds qualified. Shi***g myself about the test. Any advise would be great thanks.:biggrin:

If it is anything like the plumbing one, then don't worry to much, they only want to make sure you can do your job, I only got asked questions about how I would do things over here, and the same with the hands on part just like working on a small job . It is a long day, with no time for messing around, but as long as you are good at your job you should be fine ( I basis this on the plumbing test only).

Good luck:wink:

Hi

which one you doing .............Joinery or Carpentry....because theres a difference

Guest waynenicola

read up on aussie terminology and just read the instructions like you would a drawing on site and its not too bad. They are strict about talking to each other and no phones etc. They are also red hot on safety so take all you pp kit and dont cut anything(even with a handsaw!) without your goggles on !!

they ask you loads of questions through out the test but dont try and make the answer too complicated !

all in all not too bad unless your crap !!!

Yes you do need to know your stuff, if you dont youll struggle. Yes you do need PPE for things like using a planer, circular saw etc etc..... but in my experience goggles when handsawing is a bit over kill and certainly wasnt done on my test !!!!!!!.

Like I said Carpentry test is different to Joinery test !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!which one you doing ????

Guest waynenicola

it may be overkill carlos but the fella on my course in blackburn was insisting on it and was constantly telling us to remember ppe ! Sharp tools come in handy too !!

it may be overkill carlos but the fella on my course in blackburn was insisting on it and was constantly telling us to remember ppe ! Sharp tools come in handy too !!

Was that Joinery or Carpentry.........Can understand the joinery being more ppe based but if it was carpentry still maintain wearing goggles when using a hand saw is just stupid......and I agree.... a tradesman is only as good as his knowledge and his (sharp) tools

Archived