does the aussie tone lead itself to being a great singing voice?

PommyPaul

Guest siamsusie

just listening to home and hosed on triplej and there's just something about aussies singing
Aus have produced some good bands. namely Cold Chisel for starters:cute: not sure about OH's singing though but at least he is happy!

Rolfs aperth lad ,he was brought up in Bassendean ,a burb , theres a lot of industry etc , I went on the bike about 6 months ago lookin for the creek he fell in " frightened the wits out of my mum and dad " lmao ,have not found it lol

now youtubing some paul kelly stuff, i might have heard it before but i have to admit i'm one of these people who tend to just enjoy what they hear and don't remember the name of the band.... quite annoying sometimes lol

LOL me too, and for Mondo Rock put in "Come said the boy" great song.

Guest proud2beaussie

Yeah it's always been my pick for PIO theme song too,I love the line " And tell me is it still raining there in England".!.

Guest chris955

The interesting thing is that the majority of the best known 'Aussie' singers are in fact British, Jimmy Barnes, John Farnham, Olivia Newton John, Glenn Shorrock, Bon Scott and many others.

The interesting thing is that the majority of the best known 'Aussie' singers are in fact British, Jimmy Barnes, John Farnham, Olivia Newton John, Glenn Shorrock, Bon Scott and many others.

Yup always tell em bon scott was Scottish , but like in sport ,if they are winning they are aussies ,lose and wogs, poms etc

Sad as it is I love sun arise. As for accents, you don't tend to get them in music (or news reading) as a rule but a treat when you do - proclaimers & maximo park spring to mind. To be honest I've not really delved into Aussie music but it seems to be majority mid atlantic same old same old - me, I prefer the freaks.

Archived