Any IT contractors here?

freebo

Guest kingy79
Ah I understand. We are building a house now so it will stop this month. Damn, it was good while it lasted. :biglaugh:

lol - so once the entitlement to LAFA is over... what are the options if any? would it still be worth it going through a payroll company over sticking PAYG with the agent?

agreed - CXC stink! thanks for the info on Lester

I'm a PR and getting LAFA!!!! who told you u couldn't?

I was told this by a senior partner at an accounting firm on York St, CBD. He also said you could claim for all sorts and may get away with it until audited. I couldn't claim to be here temorarily for all sorts of reasons.

If I where you I'd check your personal situation with a qualified accountant because if you aren't entitled its your liability, not the packaging companies.

What's the job market like in Australia right now? I had a circular email from Paxus a few days ago that said it was the best it's been in a long time.

I've been in IT for long enough to have become slightly cynical about recruiters, and was wondering how those on the ground are finding things. I've just had a contract finish, and am thinking about heading Down Under in a few weeks.

What's the job market like in Australia right now? I had a circular email from Paxus a few days ago that said it was the best it's been in a long time.

I've been in IT for long enough to have become slightly cynical about recruiters, and was wondering how those on the ground are finding things. I've just had a contract finish, and am thinking about heading Down Under in a few weeks.

Graemsay,

Well, I have spoken to a friend of mine the other day, he is a .Net programmer in Sydney and been there for 5 years. He said that it is definitely much better now and the jobs are on the increase.

A few weeks!? Cool mate! Where are you heading to? If you're heading to Sydney send me a PM, my friend knows this recruiter (a friend of his) who is good and honest, and I'll get you in touch...

Cheers

B!K3R

It's going to be more of a recce than a permanent move at this stage.

The plan was to head to Melbourne and Sydney and see what opportunities there are like. There's not much moving in the UK market, unless you're in banking, which I'm not.

Annoyingly there was a possible contract in Sydney, but that fell through...

You have a PM.

Archived