stuck in Oz but can you move 176 to 121

n111kkx

We are currently on what was a 3 week holiday in Oz, but due to the volcano this has been extended to nearly 6 weeks!! but the good thing is I think we have secured a sponsorship

Is it possible to transfer from a 176 to a 121 fee free? I understand the employer has to apply for the position in the first instance.

Is a 121 immediate PR ?

The only other slight problem may be that online it states the prospective employee has to have all the right quals to be able to work which is fine as we do but as my OH is an electrician he would still have a bit of further study to do in Oz before he could get his A class could this be an issue?

Hope you can help

N111kkx :biggrin:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

We are currently on what was a 3 week holiday in Oz, but due to the volcano this has been extended to nearly 6 weeks!! but the good thing is I think we have secured a sponsorship

Well done! Even the ash cloud has a silver lining!

Is it possible to transfer from a 176 to a 121 fee free? I understand the employer has to apply for the position in the first instance.

"Yes" and "yes."

Is a 121 immediate PR ?

Yes.

The only other slight problem may be that online it states the prospective employee has to have all the right quals to be able to work which is fine as we do but as my OH is an electrician he would still have a bit of further study to do in Oz before he could get his A class could this be an issue?

I don't know so I can't help with this question.

Cheers

Gill

great thank you Gill,

we tend to be lucky little so and so's and having a 3 week delay on the flight home really suits us!!! loving Sydney but our 176 was for Victoria which we did not really take to. Then a friend of a friend has offered my OH sponsorship and for an electrician they are like rocking horse poo!! so someone is looking out for us!!!

Thank you once again for your great help and advice xx

Guest VickyMel

Brill news!!

Lucky you 3 week extension in Oz - some people do have all te luck :wink:.

A 121 would be perfect!

Can't help at all but just wanted to send a big grin your way.:biggrin:

Vicky

Guest KerryCraig

Hi,

Great news on the sponsorship!!!

We have a 121 in, my hubby electrician as well and we were told ( reagrding the licence) that its down to the employer! obviousley they wont be able to work on there own until they get the licence!

Our visa was lodged 16th Dec, the employer nominee was passed on 16th Feb so just waiting for case officer now!!!!!

Good luck and enjoy your extended holiday !

Kerry

happy days!!! thank you Vickymel I must admit we are grinning from ear to ear!!!!! and love Sydney. Totally different from our original plans but hey ho !!!

Thanks for the infor Kerrycraig looks like it is all ok!!

Just spent the afternoon supping bears at Manly Wharf!! for a first visit we are loving it and the whole work life balance - fantastic!!!! hubby definately has another 2 weeks of work so my daughter and I will continue having a bit of home schooling on the beach!!:) does it get any better xxx

One of the requirements of a successful "free" 121 application is that a minimum Diploma level qualification is held. Some electricians may hold HNC or other Diploma equivalent qualification but most would not.

You then have problem with a license with a free or paid for 121 - I think Vicki may have a problem with this when she gets a case officer.

May be better to get 457 sponsorship and then 121 after getting licensed.

Regards

Tony

Guest Cooke Girl

Hi there,

Very jealous as we have just got back from our recckie to Melbourne and loved it so much we are having trouble settling back in to life here. Husband a sparks too and although we didn't actively go looking for employment he has made some useful contacts for when we finally arrive. (Visa lodged Oct' 09).

We also learnt a couple of corners to cut regarding getting your A licence from an official source, and had we been there any longer my OH would have sat his Wiring Regs.

Good luck, wish it was us, carry on having a fab time.

Jacky and Bill

thanks Welshstone, my husband has taken his trade skills test and has 2 certificates one to say he is a General Electrician and the other is for Supervisor Electrician - and they are listed on the ensol list at present. surely this would enough for the 121?

I just find this a bit odd as on all the pages it states that general electrician is on the list and you have to had a skills test to that effect from Vetassess so just looking at the website we tick all the boxes. Have you had any issues with this Kerry Craig?

Guest KerryCraig
I just find this a bit odd as on all the pages it states that general electrician is on the list and you have to had a skills test to that effect from Vetassess so just looking at the website we tick all the boxes. Have you had any issues with this Kerry Craig?

No we have heard nothing about this, have asked our agent today as well!! but if its to do with a free 121 and paying we payed for ours in the first place......?????

No we have heard nothing about this, have asked our agent today as well!! but if its to do with a free 121 and paying we payed for ours in the first place......?????

If you paid the application fee for the 175/176 and then paid another fee for the 121 visa application, there is no need to hold a diploma level or higher qualification.

Regards

Tony

Archived