URGENT Please help - 309 financial assets proof required

Guest pixelchicken

Guest pixelchicken

Hi,

I've been searching the forums but can't find any information on this. I have sent my application for partner visa off and have recieved an email from the embassy which asks for:

'evidence from financial institutions, etc, to demonstrate what money, goods and assets you currently have (either on your own or jointly with your partner).'

My questions are:

1) How much do they require you to have in your bank, as a rule? We have the option of asking family members to loan us money which we could use as evidence, but are not sure if we need to do this (we would prefer not to)

2) As we don't own any property / vehicles, we were thinking of showing evidence of the financial worth of our engagement rings, laptop and DSLR camera - do you think this is worth doing?

We're really struggling to find any information regarding this issue so any insight would be very gratefully recieved!!

Thanks guys.

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

I've been searching the forums but can't find any information on this. I have sent my application for partner visa off and have recieved an email from the embassy which asks for:

'evidence from financial institutions, etc, to demonstrate what money, goods and assets you currently have (either on your own or jointly with your partner).'

My questions are:

1) How much do they require you to have in your bank, as a rule? We have the option of asking family members to loan us money which we could use as evidence, but are not sure if we need to do this (we would prefer not to)

2) As we don't own any property / vehicles, we were thinking of showing evidence of the financial worth of our engagement rings, laptop and DSLR camera - do you think this is worth doing?

We're really struggling to find any information regarding this issue so any insight would be very gratefully recieved!!

Thanks guys.

Hi Chicken, it was my Australian husband that submitted the financial evidence as this was required from him. He supplied bank statements, basically showing the monthly income, withdrawels etc... showing proof of our joint life together.

I was never under the impression they were looking for substantial funds, so I wouldnt concern yourself with that too much. They are however looking for your sponsor to be responsible for you if you are to be granted the temporary defacto/spouse visa.

I couldnt imagine that they would be interested in your personal possessions, more the income your partner generates (on occasions an AOS is required) Is your partner working? Susie

Hi Chicken,

Do you mean just the general question on the application form as to how much in AUD you will be bringing into the country?

I wouldn't worry too much about it - I don't think they pay too much attention to what you put in that box. I would think that as Susie says they are far more interested in your partner's income as a sponsor.

Good luck!

Guest pixelchicken

Thanks for your replies guys.

A little more about our situation: we are currently travelling and therefore have no income at the moment. We have sent details of my partner's income over the past four years with my application. I recieved this e-mail from my case officer stating that they wanted proof of any assets of mine. So I guess I just wanted to know if they were looking for me to have x amount of savings etc.

One thought wes to send both of our bank account details, plus our Resumes with a plan of what jobs we would looks to get in Australia.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks! :)

Archived