Need some reassurance! Gotta wait 5 years until I can move there.....How depressing!

BritChickx

:cry: I'm just having a little rant.....but the thought of having to wait 5 years just kills me! I have to wait 5 years because I need to start and finish my nursing degree, then get a years experience....:-(.....think you'll all have to put up with me until then moaning about how much I wanna be in Australia!!

Okay, rant over, feel a bit better now lol.

You can do it and time will fly, trust me! Back in 1996 I went to OZ but after a year flew back to Europe to do a degree...went back to OZ for another year...then met my wife and was back in Europe "stuck" there.

Now after 10 years I will hopefully be back to OZ soon! That's a hell of a wait :)

So, hang on, everything will pass and you'll be in OZ one day :)

Good luck!

Cheers

B1K3R

Guest jennakids

I have a similar problem. I am currently in my second year of uni studying for a degree in forensics, this wil not get me into australia though, so when i finish i am going to work in a hairdressers, get the qualifictions i need and experience then fingers crossed will move to oz. I am so impatient all i do all day is look up things about moving to australia on the intrnet i could scream.............

But once we r there it will be amazing and defo worth the wait.

I'm currently near the end of my third of four years studying needed to have a chance of getting in (even though my job has recently been taken of CSL:mad:).

Three years ago, now seemed like a lifetime.

12 months from now seems a short hop away.

I'm also supposed to have a minimum of one years work experience too, but I know that there are 'technicalities' which can get me around that issue.

So you aren't alone!

Hopefully you'll feel the benefit when you get there and experience all of the things that you are looking forward to at the moment.

Keep the dream alive :yes::wubclub:

• 4 weeks later...

As long as you have a dream you can do it. I decided when I was 18 yrs old (I am now 36)that I wanted to live in Australia, I tried to persuade my parents, but they were having none of it. I always knew that one day I would be there. Just don't wish your time away in the Uk. After doing my nurse training at southampton and then my midwifery in Devon, I eventually made it here 10 years later. Would have come a few years earlier had I not gotten myself a boyfriend who had no intentions of moving, so when that relationship ran its course I looked on the positive side and thought now is the time to go. The first few months were scarey and daunting, but so worth it. I have now been here 8 years, have a gorgeous aussie other half and we have 3 children. Don't have any regrets. Just don't wish your time away in the uk, live it to the max until you can get out here, and then if you still want to come go for it. I have met some student nurses whom have done their elective out here, perhaps that could be an option, then use that time to get some contacts telling them you are interested in moving out maybe you will get a sponsorship out of it. I see that you are from hampshire, whereabouts? And good luck with your nursing.

I'm a hairdresser and pretty much now i'm ready to move there but hairdressing is being removed haha, and i'm still pretty keen on moving there! i've looked at every option but not doing a full degree, that's dedication!

Aww, I am sure you could still move there, it would just take a little while longer than normal. Don't give up :)

As long as you have a dream you can do it. I decided when I was 18 yrs old (I am now 36)that I wanted to live in Australia, I tried to persuade my parents, but they were having none of it. I always knew that one day I would be there. Just don't wish your time away in the Uk. After doing my nurse training at southampton and then my midwifery in Devon, I eventually made it here 10 years later. Would have come a few years earlier had I not gotten myself a boyfriend who had no intentions of moving, so when that relationship ran its course I looked on the positive side and thought now is the time to go. The first few months were scarey and daunting, but so worth it. I have now been here 8 years, have a gorgeous aussie other half and we have 3 children. Don't have any regrets. Just don't wish your time away in the uk, live it to the max until you can get out here, and then if you still want to come go for it. I have met some student nurses whom have done their elective out here, perhaps that could be an option, then use that time to get some contacts telling them you are interested in moving out maybe you will get a sponsorship out of it. I see that you are from hampshire, whereabouts? And good luck with your nursing.

I think that's what I'm doing....just wishing the time away, which isn't right. Don't really feel like I'm living life to the max though, unless for someone my age living life to the max is classed as going out clubbing every weekend, which actually does get boring after a while. I'm limited on things to do!! I will make the most of my uni years though, I know I'll never get those back once they're gone! I am hopefully going to Aus next year for a little trip so fingers crossed I won't have to wait 5 years just to see Aus too lol

there was a 6 month reccie, 10 months getting the visa, 1 year of saving and a whole load of humming and harring inbetween haha!

Haha, are you one of the indecisive bunch? Welcome to the club :P, although actually I'm sure of myself on important things, it's just little things like what to watch at the cinema or what to get to eat lol, could stand there for hours deciding!

Guest Liverpool lou

Hi Britchickx,

I know a student midwife who is in her 1st year and she's hoping to get into Oz as soon as she qualifies. She stated they have graduate programmes for newly qualified nurses and midwives, they are in short supply but its worth looking into. When I was in my last year of training in 2007 i was in contact with a hospital near Townsville willing to sponsor newly qualified nurses. I dont know if things are different know and of course with the scrapping of the MODL and changes with the SOL. You never know when you are in your final year things may be different and you may not have to wait for 5 yrs.

Lesley x

Guest jucee555

Good luck to you, seems a long way off doesn't it, I am doing the same thing but in Radiography. I start uni next year and spending this year preparing myself, as I am doing an access course first. I wish you all the best and absoultley understand your frustration. :-)

Guest Liverpool lou

Time will go by so quickly, you are young and have clearly set your sights on Australia. Enjoy the journey to where you want to be. Once you start your nursing training time will fly when you go from placement to placement... assignment to assignment...Student bar to student bar lol.

At least you will have the time to do loads of research before you qualify. I first wanted to go when I was 24..Im now nearly 39 and hopefully will be there sometime this year. You will be there eventually. Are you going on your own or with family? Love Lesley x

Yeah I went a bit obsessed and looked at visa types and everything. Turns out the 175 is the one I want haha. I was thinking that yorkshirepom, I'm gonna save up whilst at uni and depending on how much I've got I'll do a bit of Europe then go to Aus. If I can't afford to go Aus for a hols next year but have enough money to go on holiday I will go to Italy and/or France.