Robinsons - Anyone used them?/+hidden costs at customs /+Best Choice for Excess Bags?

Guest Mango1402

Guest Mango1402

We've had a few shippers in now, and Robinson's are looking the cheapest but we don't necessarily want to choose on cost alone.

Has anyone used Robinson... What you're experience?

Also, I've read on all the quotes we've had that these do not include any customs charges at Oz. What is this for? How much can we expect to have to pay as hidden costs on top of the shipping?

Also, I've been looking at options for shipping some excess bags via air to get their quicker. (work clothes mainly). I reckon 3-4 standard tea chests. I've had prices ranges from £300-£900. Anyone got any recommendations on this front?

thanks in advance.

Andy

Guest itskaren
We've had a few shippers in now, and Robinson's are looking the cheapest but we don't necessarily want to choose on cost alone.

Has anyone used Robinson... What you're experience?

Also, I've read on all the quotes we've had that these do not include any customs charges at Oz. What is this for? How much can we expect to have to pay as hidden costs on top of the shipping?

Also, I've been looking at options for shipping some excess bags via air to get their quicker. (work clothes mainly). I reckon 3-4 standard tea chests. I've had prices ranges from £300-£900. Anyone got any recommendations on this front?

thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi andy

I went to the Uk last Oct and had a 12kg bag that I wanted to send on as it was excess baggage. I was told at Heathrow that it would be 200 pounds to take it with me or 150 pounds to ship it on.

I had it shipped on .. 2 months later and just under $1000 I received the bag!!!!

I just would not do it again!!

good luck

Guest shawgorbys

HI Andy my relys used Robinsons last yr to go to Adelade no problems what so ever so good luck with it all take care Andrea&family xxx

Archived