How am I supposed to prove work history?

Guest alixir

Guest alixir

Hey there all,

Have an employer going through the 119/857 with me and on the application form, you're supposed to list jobs since you left school. Now, back in the days before computer databases really took over, companies destroyed records aged 7 years and over...

My employment history is traceable to 2000 and not any further back...

Has anybody else come across this? Most of the companies I worked for don't even exist and I can maybe get a couple of letters off companies that I worked for stating that they don't keep any records....

Is this the way to go forward?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Alixir

Hey there all,

Have an employer going through the 119/857 with me and on the application form, you're supposed to list jobs since you left school. Now, back in the days before computer databases really took over, companies destroyed records aged 7 years and over...

My employment history is traceable to 2000 and not any further back...

Has anybody else come across this? Most of the companies I worked for don't even exist and I can maybe get a couple of letters off companies that I worked for stating that they don't keep any records....

Is this the way to go forward?

Alixir

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

That should be ok going back to 2000. Just get as much together as poss. Take photo's of work if you can your van, tools quotes for Liablity insurances, the more the better.

You'll be fine

John

hi there we came across this problem as well when we were applying for visa x

and in the end contacted national insurance contributions who charged us for the info but we got all the info you will require you can access this through the data protection act website

good luck and any more info please pm me carole x

Guest alixir
hi there we came across this problem as well when we were applying for visa x

and in the end contacted national insurance contributions who charged us for the info but we got all the info you will require you can access this through the data protection act website

good luck and any more info please pm me carole x

you're an absolute diamond guvness! (well i can't write guvnor)....will pm you for sure and went through the data protection act site, but guess I'm going to have to phone them, as the information I need is not that apparent on their website =[ but still, thankyou thankyou thankyou! Only problem I have now is that SA have set a deadline for all applications to be in by, which is now May 14th, hoping that my future boss gets the job nomination sorted very quickly...how long did you have to wait before NI released the info to you and how much did it cost?

hi there

you can submit an online request for your national contributions and employment history or in writing as well. from memory I did both but sure i had a quicker responce from the online request.Just let them know you require employment history between your required dates.I had a full report going back to when they issued my NI number, listing all employers and pay amounts.

Right then go to HMRC website,under site map select AtoZ,then data protection ,scroll down to Requesting information we hold about you, this gives you the address to contact but if you scroll down further to Requesting information via the HMRC website,theres a link to online form to request info.hope this helps

BTW they dont charge for this info and as far as how quick we are talking government here but i'm sure it was around a few weeks ?

Archived