What will happen if son turns 18!!!

Guest dave&jancook

Guest dave&jancook

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone knew the answer to this question!!

As we are a family of 4 on a qld state sponser 176 visa, we have been approved but no case officer yet!, as you are probably aware we are cat 5 on list. Hubby a carpenter/joiner and if it takes as long as the recon maybe 2012, my eldest son will turn 18 begining of January 2012.

What will happen? Will he have to apply for a seperate visa or will he still be ok to come on ours, as we applied before he turned 18? It was just a terrible thought I had if this was the case of us going in 2012.

Thankx

Jan

Guest AppleA

Hey there,

I think you are fine with that... we are on the same visa, I am 20, bother 18, I was 17 when we has our visa was granted, I'm sure it would have been part of the conditions if there were any problems... (I hope!)

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm that :)

apple x

Guest Denver
Hi All

Just wondered if anyone knew the answer to this question!!

As we are a family of 4 on a qld state sponser 176 visa, we have been approved but no case officer yet!, as you are probably aware we are cat 5 on list. Hubby a carpenter/joiner and if it takes as long as the recon maybe 2012, my eldest son will turn 18 begining of January 2012.

What will happen? Will he have to apply for a seperate visa or will he still be ok to come on ours, as we applied before he turned 18? It was just a terrible thought I had if this was the case of us going in 2012.

Thankx

Jan

Hi, we have just received our state sponsorship, our daughter is 21 and son is 19. As long as they stay in full time education and you show that they are dependant on you for example housing, food, help with a car etc they can go on your family visa. You will have to get a letter from their place of education to confirm this and also fill out a 47A form for the DIAC. They must not be working full time.

Guest Violet S

the good thing is he doesn't need to sit for ielts. my girl ws 17 when we apply, now, already 18. so she has to submit her ielts result. previously, no need.

the good thing is he doesn't need to sit for ielts. my girl ws 17 when we apply, now, already 18. so she has to submit her ielts result. previously, no need.

I beg to submit that the age of the applicant or the co applicant is considered. Therefore if the co applicant is a minor at the time of applying for the visa then the IELTS results need not be submitted.:wink:

Cheers

Raja

Archived