Guest epollard74

Certifying Documents for Subclass 309 and 100

Guest epollard74

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and in the process of getting all the info together that I need for our Partner Visa application. I just had a question in relation to the certifying of documents. It asks for evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship and to prove this by supplying bank statements, phone records etc. I have gathered all of these and photocopied the original documents. Do I\We really have to go and get each page of the copied documents certified? I have a years phone records and statements and a few other documents and they all add up to quite a lot of pages.

Some clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. It is just so frustrating and time consuming collating all the info. :arghh:

How many in terms of the large ring binders, is enough evidence? I already have one full and will probably have a second full one to submit.

Many thanks and I can't wait to eventually get all the info together!! :wacko:

Most people only certify official docs such as passport, birth/marriage certs etc. Photocopies of other docs are acceptable. We also certified my hubby's proof of earnings, because we read somewhere that they needed to be certified.

In terms of "evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship" we used bank statements, council tax bill, joint mail, photos, form 888s, joint wedding invitations, and printed phone accounts showing itemised calls from when we were apart.

Good luck and ask if you need anything else.

applied for 309/100 19/1/10, 309 VISA GRANTED 28/4 - arrived Sydney 4/2/11, second stage visa app lodged Jan 2012, PR visa (100) GRANTED 7/6/12, now waiting for babywellie to come join us!:biggrin:

Guest epollard74

Thanks for the respons Wellieboots, thats cleared that up for me. I have all the important docs certified so i'll just leave the bank statements and bills etc as just photocopies. It seems the process takes ages at the moment. Hoping to have everything in by the end of the month other than the meds. So how big a folder did you end up submitting?

Thanks.

Saw your timeline, hopefully you will get the good news soon!:smile:

Thanks for the respons Wellieboots, thats cleared that up for me. I have all the important docs certified so i'll just leave the bank statements and bills etc as just photocopies. It seems the process takes ages at the moment. Hoping to have everything in by the end of the month other than the meds. So how big a folder did you end up submitting?

Thanks.

Saw your timeline, hopefully you will get the good news soon!:smile:

As I remember the Partner Migration booklet gives clear guidelines on what does and doesn't need to be certified. There are only a few documents that do need certification.

Our entire submission was probably between one half and one inch thick of A4 sheets in total. Don't worry about ringbinders etc. most of it has to get scanned and it is just a hassle for them to remove all the documents from the binder.

Good luck!

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

We did put ours in a ringbinder (I hadn't found PIO at that point!) but the big no no is no staples - paperclips all the way!

Ours fitted in a jiffy bag when I thought we would need one of those boxes from the post office, so it ends up looking less than you think at the end of the day!

Good luck!

applied for 309/100 19/1/10, 309 VISA GRANTED 28/4 - arrived Sydney 4/2/11, second stage visa app lodged Jan 2012, PR visa (100) GRANTED 7/6/12, now waiting for babywellie to come join us!:biggrin:

Guest epollard74

Cool thanks for the advice, yeah I have just used paperclips, you want to keep your CO on side, especially seeing as they are clearly up to their eyeballs!! :wacko: So everything neat and collated and try to make it as easy as possible to locate each section of the folder!