Guest bcfrug

Caravan and JetSki

Guest bcfrug

Hi All,

I wondering if anyone has any info on shipping my jetski and caravan to oz.

What kind of taxes are payable on leisure craft and would i have to pay tax or anything like that on a caravan too.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Guest bcfrug

Anyone any help on this please.

Any help or direction much appreciated :)

Hiya

I have tried looking for some websites i can direct you to but am really struggling. I found info for cars and boats but not Caravans or jet skis,,sorry but Google has let us down this time.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest bcfrug

Thanks so much for your efforts.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Guest Syd1996
Hi All,

I wondering if anyone has any info on shipping my jetski and caravan to oz.

What kind of taxes are payable on leisure craft and would i have to pay tax or anything like that on a caravan too.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards

Hiya,

We have had different advice from different companies regarding the jet ski. One says there will be lots of duty and tax to pay in OZ and they are hot on how clean it is and it could get stuck in customs whereby you would incur extra storage costs. They also said cheaper to sell here and buy over there. BUT .... had a completely different picture from another company who quoted from a document that said as long as it was over 12 months old, used, and you would not be selling it for another 2 years in OZ there would be no tax or duty. The thing is it still needs to be properly steam cleaned and collected separately from the removal depot by you in OZ.

Hope that helps!:jiggy:sorry don't know about the caravan bit

Guest John Sydney

Caravaners Forum • Index page

The link is to Australian Caravan Forum - There is serveral threads on importing Vans,

To be legal all the Gas and Electrical would have to be swapped over to Australian Standards and another problem is European Vans are of light constructions and Australian roads can shake them to bits. Quite Qiuckly

Hope this helps