etzz

Police clearance certificates - anyone not provided these?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might have had their visa approved without providing (all) the police clearance certificates for every country they lived in (over 12 months in the last 10 years)?

My husband and I worked in China for a few years but are now working in Australia (applying for our PR now) and are at a total loss with the police checks from China (I know where to get it, the problem is that we are not able to return to China to do this and do not have the documents required to get this in any event.)

Hence, I was wondering if anyone might have had their visa approved without providing all the police clearance certificates? (e.g. just provide the ones we can - from Australia and our home countries)

I apologise if this has been asked, I have tried searching the forums but may have missed it.

Would really appreciate hearing if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what happened for you / other suggestions as to what we could do. Thank you.

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might have had their visa approved without providing (all) the police clearance certificates for every country they lived in (over 12 months in the last 10 years)?

My husband and I worked in China for a few years but are now working in Australia (applying for our PR now) and are at a total loss with the police checks from China (I know where to get it, the problem is that we are not able to return to China to do this and do not have the documents required to get this in any event.)

Hence, I was wondering if anyone might have had their visa approved without providing all the police clearance certificates? (e.g. just provide the ones we can - from Australia and our home countries)

I apologise if this has been asked, I have tried searching the forums but may have missed it.

Would really appreciate hearing if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what happened for you / other suggestions as to what we could do. Thank you.

I managed to get a few of mine at embassies overseas eg. Laos=London.. ditto for Vietnam...

Vanessa was asking something similiar re : Singapore, and I believe you could arrange it through the embassy.. I have just found this:

Chinese Police Clearance Certificates

You should contact the local Public Security Bureau (PSB), Entry & Exit Office directly to obtain a police clearance certificate. We've contacted Beijing PSB on your behalf and were advised that they are able to issue this certificate only to foreign citizens who held a Chinese work visa . The steps to obtaining a Chinese Police Clearance Certificate are:

You will then need to take the following documents to an authorised agency to obtain the certificate:

a) the letter(s) from your company(s)

b) the passport(s) with your Chinese work visas

c) your current passport.

d) a letter of authorisation (Please note you will need to authorise someone in Beijing to apply for this certificate on your behalf).

The contacted details of the authorised agency provided by the Beijing PSB is:

Name: Shuangxiong Service Company

Add: No 3 An Ding Men Dong Dajie

Tel: + 8610 64027616

Pleased be advised that the above information is provided by Beijing PSB. If you worked in other cities, you will need to contact their local PSB for information.

Maybe you could contact the above people to see if they can advise you further or even the embassy. You may find you will have to have the Certificate translated!.

Maybe another member can up with some ideas. cheers Susie

Thanks siamsusie :)

Unfortunately, they do require that we apply in person (at the local police stations) and that's not really feasible for us as we are working here in Australia now.

Hence, I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of either not being asked for the certificates, or was otherwise allowed to not provide all of the certificates.

Again, many thanks for checking it up though - much appreciated! :)

Guest VickyMel

Hi etzz

I think that from other posts in here - that for some countries DIAC are aware it is pretty impossible - they know which countries those are - I would contact them to ask if the country you need from one of them? I think I remember someone being told no (where you had to physically take the docs to the police station type of thing) and having to arrange for someone within that country to take their documents in manually to apply on their behalf.

So I think you should probably contact DIAC for your answer.

Good luck

VickyMel

That sounds promising!

Thanks for that VickyMel, I guess sometimes I think of it as a one-way street and forget that I can probably ask them for some guidance. What you said definitely gives me hope, so thanks again! :)

Hello Etzz,Vicky,Susie

I have gone through your posts and also through Vicky's posts...I am into the same situation :) although after 4 yrs ;) so I am sure you would have got your PRs....!!!! Coudl i request you to please share with me, finally how were you able to get Chinese Police clearance....I am into the same boat....had worked in China but now dont have any contact back in China who can help. So would request you to please please help me with pointers.

Regards,

Ginni

Hello Etzz

I have gone through your posts ...I am into the same situation(police clearance certificate from china) although after 4 yrs so I am sure you would have got your PRs/residency/greencard....!!!! Could i request you to please share with me, finally how were you able to get Chinese Police clearance....I am into the same boat....had worked in China 10 yrs back but now don't have any contact back in China who can help. So would request you to please please help me with any pointers whcih coudl help me gettign the police clearance. I am unable to travel to China for getting this work done.

Also, I really don't have any contacts with the organization where i worked :(

Regards,

Ginni

Hi Ginni,etzz,

i am in melbourne and stuck in same situation . I am on bridging visa c and no chance to go back china to get police clearance . I am strugging to get this certificate from last year. How its going with you guys.

my case officer won't give me even TR unless i have this cert. Pls share your exp.

thanks,

​Brij

Brij,

You got to fidn someone in China to do it for you.

option 1 - friends - can get it for less than 50 AUD

option 2 - agencies -c harge huge amounts around 3000 USD

Send them all the documents...ask them to find the police station of the palce where u stayed and they can go to police station to get the certificate..t.eh police station doesnt give in the first go....you have to be persisitent......you will get it.

Hi i am in the same situation. Can any of you share your experience that how problem was later solved?